Manchester Hearts POTY Dance - 31/05/2008

portobellojambo1

portobellojambo1

Its getting a bit repetitive going through all the threads about potential managers, number 2's etc etc.

So I thought I would change the subject a bit under this thread.

Is there anyone heading down to Bolton this weekend for the above event ?

Charlie-Brown

The wife's uncle Joe Lennon used to be a regular attender at this event over the years but I'm not sure he's been able to go in recent years, someone to take him down etc. but he used to really enjoy those trips.

WorldChampions1902

I'll be there and looking forward to it.

I hear Henry Smith, Freddie Glidden, Dave Mackay, Gordon Marshall and Jimmy Sandison are among the former players making an appearance.

Cupar Jambo

Three of us heading down this year again from St Andrews & Dist SC, if its as good as last year that will do me. Our fourth person pulled out so if anyone looking to buy a ticket give me a shout

Fenerjambo
Its getting a bit repetitive going through all the threads about potential managers, number 2's etc etc.

I'll be there as you know!:) See you tomorrow morning!

davemclaren

I assume that you are going Iain? :)

davemclaren
I will be there too.

Is there anything Hearts related that you don't go to?

Heard that you're not much of a dancer though... ;)

portobellojambo1
I assume that you are going Iain? :)

Yes dave, going down tomorrow (now this) morning, making a long weekend of it, should be good. This trip and the trip to Belfast for the game versus Glentoran constitute my Summer holidays this year.

davemclaren
Yes dave, going down tomorrow (now this) morning, making a long weekend of it, should be good. This trip and the trip to Belfast for the game versus Glentoran constitute my Summer holidays this year.

Easy seeing you are not married with children. :P

Is there anything Hearts related that you don't go to?

Heard that you're not much of a dancer though... ;)

Robbie's Testimonial and POTY - sick of leaving expensive Sunday night 'do's early as I have to be in some godforsaken place in England early on Monday mornings.

You're spot on with the dancing - Vlad's title isn't under threat from me!

Mickey1605

I'll be there too. Totally looking forward too it! Been night shift for last 2 nights and working just now-very hard as you can see!! So away for my manicure in the morning!!;)

I am leaving at ten with Frank Morton and Billy Dyer and co,going to stay sober this year:)

Auldreekie1874
Yes but is anyone actually playing in the match???????????

No, i'll settle for another game of headers with Neil pointon :)

(avatar)

WorldChampions1902
What position you playing? I will be on your side!!

I didn't know John McBurnie had announced his team selection. Have you had a sneak preview of the Fax? :rolleyes:

Maroon 1874
Yes but is anyone actually playing in the match???????????

My eldest son Wayne is going and normaly plays (goes with Merky Hearts) can't miss him, he's the one with the jarrhead haircut :)

Cupar Jambo

(avatar)

Do you want me to bring the same ball 1874. See you at garage 9.15, gives me a chance to get ino Hills to make my donation

Kalamazoo Jambo

I'm still a member of Manchester Hearts but have now missed the POTY dance for about six years in a row, due to being 'geographically challenged'. Have made up for it this year by buying a ridiculous number of raffle tickets from John McBurnie.

Hope it's a good game of football - I made an appearance about eight years ago and, ermm, 'starred' alongside Gary Mackay and Henry Smith, before switching to my preferred position (substitute).

Hope you all have a good time and remember to post 'ALL' the pictures...

Prince Buaben

Had the chance to go wish i had instaed i'm working 8 on a Saturday morning but have a good time!

robin hood jambo

I trust you'll all be able to behave if someone unplugs the T.V!!;)

Rabbie_Burns

(avatar)

No Neil this year as he & the missus are away for their anniversay this weekend - dissapointon ! :eek:

We'll be heading along soon and looking forward to another great night again this year :mj_zivili:

santaisajambo
I didn't know John McBurnie had announced his team selection. Have you had a sneak preview of the Fax? :rolleyes:

I was privvy to the fax before hand!!!

Manchester won the match 4 - 1 for anyone that cares.

John McBurnie for manager. ;)

Cupar Jambo
I'll be there and looking forward to it.

I hear Henry Smith, Freddie Glidden, Dave Mackay, Gordon Marshall and Jimmy Sandison are among the former players making an appearance.

Roy Kay, Alan Anderson and Walter Kidd were also there along with Andy Driver collecting Berra's POY. Dave McKay was in great form, another excellent night. ?2.20 for a small water is a bit much though

WorldChampions1902
John McBurnie for manager. ;)

John didn's see much of the match as he was too busy ferrying casualties to A&E. I hope the two Edinburgh lads are recovering OK although I suspect any sore heads this morning had more to do with last night's events and not those during the match. :rolleyes:

portobellojambo1

Had a super weekend, really enjoyed it, although it does make life a lot easier when the station, hotel, pubs and venue are all within about 100 yards of each other.

Maroon 1874

Ma laddie got pelters fae Henry for skying it over the bar when he should`ve scored by all accounts, sheesh imagine gettin it tight fae Henry, payback time for all the pelters he used to get :)

Robbos Right Peg

Meadows what is happening !!!!!

Archived