ANDY WALKER

Hearts of Vladland

He tells the truth about Vlad and that upset people.

Other than that he's a total bellend.

Pants Shaton

We don't hate him.

In fact now that Scotsport is dead - he'll be out of a job.

ANDY WALKER FOR HEARTS MANAGER

Vlad... Do It.

portobellojambo1
Why do Hearts fans hate him so much ??

Thank feck, I thought this was another potential manager thread for a minute, just about sh i t my breeks.

Answer to your question - he is a knob, seems like a fair reason to dislike someone in his position media wise.

He is a knob but then most people that work in football media are.

I don't get why Hearts fans hate him more than other pundits, ex-pros or journalists.

It would be far more fitting to sing the '..... you're a ******' to Hughie Keevins, Ewan Cameron or Chick Young. Who all seem to either have a real dislike for Hearts or are so far up the Old Firm's arse it's unbearable. I'd rather be joined at the hip with Andy Walker for the rest of my life than have a 5-minute conversation with any of the other three.

He's had it in for Hearts for years, we used to give him stick for diving but he openly admitted if anyone touched him in the box(penalty box i mean!) he'd go down, and he played for Hibs AND used to make gestures towards Hearts fans for the hell of it, there's plenty more instances i could think of.

Guest jackdaddy2008

Story goes his hatred for everything Maroon got to todays standard when Jefferies nearly signed him from Bolton.

Dunno why he never signed, but I can only guess its because he is a pr@*k and most of the squad begged Jefferies to leave him alone.

Didn't Levein give him a good injury too?

He was on our case every week from week one on Scotsport, even though we won every game and played the best football in the country under Burley.

Still like the vid. of him getting it tight about masterbation from you guys, but he took it well.

Why don`t you have a "Laugh" smiley available?

Didn't he score two against us at Tynie, then somebody ran on the pitch and beat the crap out of him?

Thats why he hates us, and we hate him because he hates us.

Only a Game

Hated his guts before the whole stadium sang to him that time, but he got a lot of respect from me for taking that in good part, and since then seems to have developed a little soft spot for us that he didnt have before.

In any case most of his vitriol was aimed at Vlad and he was bang on with most of it.

Still a horrible niggly little barsteward but not in the class of hatred that McCall and Craig Burley fall into.

Guest jackdaddy2008

For me, it was the comments about Vlad at every given opportunity.

I remember JC and even Mr Hibs - Grant Stott, praising Hearts for some nice play and movements on the highlights show nearly every week, only for AW to interrupt and say something like -

"oh yes, its a fact, Hearts are playing nice football, but for how long under this bizarre regime?"

He was the unnecessary bringer of doom, he couldn't keep his mouth shut and allow the focus to remain on the football being played. It was disgusting that SMG allowed so much off topic drivel get aired, and only highlights how biased and corrupt Scottish football and its media is.

Only a Game
For me, it was the comments about Vlad at every given opportunity.

I remember JC and even Mr Hibs - Grant Stott, praising Hearts for some nice play and movements on the highlights show nearly every week, only for AW to interrupt and say something like -

"oh yes, its a fact, Hearts are playing nice football, but for how long under this bizarre regime?"

He was the unnecessary bringer of doom, he couldn't keep his mouth shut and allow the focus to remain on the football being played. It was disgusting that SMG allowed so much off topic drivel get aired, and only highlights how biased and corrupt Scottish football and its media is.

Thats why I would love to push him down a flight of stairs.

And how long was it ?

Hated his guts before the whole stadium sang to him that time, but he got a lot of respect from me for taking that in good part, and since then seems to have developed a little soft spot for us that he didnt have before.

In any case most of his vitriol was aimed at Vlad and he was bang on with most of it.

Still a horrible niggly little barsteward but not in the class of hatred that McCall and Craig Burley fall into.

Except when he had a go at us on a later Scotsport for our "disgusting chants".

Only a Game
Except when he had a go at us on a later Scotsport for our "disgusting chants".

Ach well, I think he was entitled to that one after 10,000 Hearts fans shouting "You're a winker"

I'm no Walker lover by the way. I just dont think he's the worst by a long shot.

Guest jackdaddy2008
And how long was it ?

Oh absolutley!

I was warning people about these guys back at the Semi final against Celtic when Robbo was in charge just after the pope died.

Owning Hearts has always been about interest on the loan and property value for them.

Vlad obviously doesn't care if we are successful!

In fact, its better for him if his bank continues to have to finance the club with loans. He makes more in interest at UKIO than he ever could with Hearts. The only way he could make more from Hearts is if we had a stadium twice the size full every week and qualified for the Champions league every year.

I reckon he has creamed and made about ?10m conveniently invisible since he took over. As a business, we made a fortune between January & November 2006, that was also before Gordon was sold. Skacel? Bednar?

We were well and truly shagged.

My point is, Walker had no right to sabotage our on field triumphs with his views on our off field situation. He publicly ruined coverage of our brief but happiest period on the pitch in the league for a decade, and took focus off the football.

The one fact that many people conveniently forget though, is that we were finished anyway before the Vlad days. Walker makes out everything was fine at Tynecastle before Vlad turned up. Lets hope this season is better?

Andy Walker is a teapot.

this_is_my_story
Oh absolutley!

I was warning people about these guys back at the Semi final against Celtic when Robbo was in charge just after the pope died.

Owning Hearts has always been about interest on the loan and property value for them.

Vlad obviously doesn't care if we are successful!

In fact, its better for him if his bank continues to have to finance the club with loans. He makes more in interest at UKIO than he ever could with Hearts. The only way he could make more from Hearts is if we had a stadium twice the size full every week and qualified for the Champions league every year.

I reckon he has creamed and made about ?10m conveniently invisible since he took over. As a business, we made a fortune between January & November 2006, that was also before Gordon was sold. Skacel? Bednar?

We were well and truly shagged.

My point is, Walker had no right to sabotage our on field triumphs with his views on our off field situation. He publicly ruined coverage of our brief but happiest period on the pitch in the league for a decade, and took focus off the football.

The one fact that many people conveniently forget though, is that we were finished anyway before the Vlad days. Walker makes out everything was fine at Tynecastle before Vlad turned up. Lets hope this season is better?

Andy Walker is a teapot.

Pish. If he was so keen to make money out of Hearts in terms of interest owed and paid on the debt, why did he hold out for such a big fee for Gordon? If that was his game, he'd have been delighted to settle for ?1m and see the club being 7 or 8 million more in debt than it would've been. Think about it.

Guest jackdaddy2008
Pish. If he was so keen to make money out of Hearts in terms of interest owed and paid on the debt, why did he hold out for such a big fee for Gordon? If that was his game, he'd have been delighted to settle for ?1m and see the club being 7 or 8 million more in debt than it would've been. Think about it.

This is a huge can of worms, but I will try to respond to your defining comment - pish.

The guys a banker, probably originating from involving himself in cleaning up money from the breakups in Eastern Europe for people like the former KGB, Baltic militia and other nasty sinister organisations with lots of money they shouldn't have. Yugoslavia was a very wealthy country before it split. If there is any truth in that, he probably continues to deal with these people and has agendas kept far away from public eyes and obviously us Hearts fans.

I am not a banker, but I know a bit about economics, legislation and money laundering.

The fee for Craig Gordon was logical, it had little complications because it was a transfer fee paid for a player nurtured by the club. Why accept ?1m in hard currency when you can have ?9m?

Romanov reportedly inherited a debt rumored to be ?20m. He then invested (heavily?) in facilities, staff, infrastructure and players. This money was not donated, it was furnished by UKIO, and the entity 'Hearts' became the vehicle for financing repayments.

He has basically loaned himself the money on his terms, therefore generating money from nothing through interest! As long as UKIO guarantee the debt, this will continue, for hundreds and hundreds of years if need be until a law changes.

This is not illegal.

As we all know, Hearts enjoyed record attendances and played in front of more fans than they ever had done before in modern times. This obviously enabled the club to realise huge cash flow due to gate receipts. TV rights were larger than normal, and commercially, merchandise/advertising went through the roof.

Educated sources estimate 2006 to have generated Hearts ?12m gross in revenue. If you really, really wanted, I could get some more concrete evidence of this, but I would need a week, and cannot be bothered tbh. It was calculated in December 2006, and took a fortnight to calculate. Please take my word for it.

Romanov expects us all to believe that there hasn't been any gains and that the club is still perilously in debt, so that UKIO continue to 'bail' us out and therefore make interest, which on ?20m or ?30m is a massive clear gross profit.

Because Hearts are now a private enterprise, Romanov doesn't have to make his bookwork as transparent as it used to be, and while I suspect, but am not saying this happens, the potential for doctored accounts is huge, especially when you have so many incomings and outgoings at an organisation like a large professional football club.

For example, Romanov could say he paid one of his advisors ?200k, and his advisor could say he did, but there wouldn't be any way of truly knowing that, it could be false, but impossible to know. Hearts would effectively pay that amount, and if this happens 10 - 20 times and tips the books, therefore increasing debt owed to UKIO........ well I think you can see my point.

If we made what is reported as made in 2006 and add the transfer of Gordon, and then the more average cash flow from the last two seasons, you are left with a huge amount of hard currency.

There simply isn't any way that Hearts overheads have eaten that money up.

He doesn't seem to be paying clubs for players, and reports of unpaid wages, fines etc. have all crept into the media, and these are only what we know!

When did Hearts last pay a large transfer fee?

When did Hearts last disclose a fee paid? Beslija? Did the club Beslija transferred from get the money quoted?

Fact is we all know it costs a lot of money to get a team good enough to play in the Champions League. Decent money was probably spent getting us there when we did. The champions league didn't pay out to us, because we didn't get to he league stages, but if it had, then it would have become worthwhile, more so in front of a bigger more regular support.

We seem to be going full steam ahead toward getting a new stadium, but don't have the fans to fill it. We did when Burley was running things, but that was scrapped by Romanov, because he didn't like it.

Have you considered that maybe Romanov didn't like it because it was too direct and effective, therefore potentially reducing our debt quicker?

His main concern is UKIO, if it wasn't and he wanted the best for us, Jim Duffy would never have been appointed and we would have had a proper manager like Nevio Scala or Robson when Duffy was appointed.

We all know its shambolic, but if you really think about it, the team continues to suffer due to what appear to be inexplicable decisions by a mad megalomaniac.

I don't think he is mad, I think he is a genius, and in my opinion, he is not about power and looking good, he is about making money, which he does very well to our cost.

funktasticlad
This is a huge can of worms, but I will try to respond to your defining comment - pish.

The guys a banker, probably originating from involving himself in cleaning up money from the breakups in Eastern Europe for people like the former KGB, Baltic militia and other nasty sinister organisations with lots of money they shouldn't have. Yugoslavia was a very wealthy country before it split. If there is any truth in that, he probably continues to deal with these people and has agendas kept far away from public eyes and obviously us Hearts fans.

I am not a banker, but I know a bit about economics, legislation and money laundering.

The fee for Craig Gordon was logical, it had little complications because it was a transfer fee paid for a player nurtured by the club. Why accept ?1m in hard currency when you can have ?9m?

Romanov reportedly inherited a debt rumored to be ?20m. He then invested (heavily?) in facilities, staff, infrastructure and players. This money was not donated, it was furnished by UKIO, and the entity 'Hearts' became the vehicle for financing repayments.

He has basically loaned himself the money on his terms, therefore generating money from nothing through interest! As long as UKIO guarantee the debt, this will continue, for hundreds and hundreds of years if need be until a law changes.

This is not illegal.

As we all know, Hearts enjoyed record attendances and played in front of more fans than they ever had done before in modern times. This obviously enabled the club to realise huge cash flow due to gate receipts. TV rights were larger than normal, and commercially, merchandise/advertising went through the roof.

Educated sources estimate 2006 to have generated Hearts ?12m gross in revenue. If you really, really wanted, I could get some more concrete evidence of this, but I would need a week, and cannot be bothered tbh. It was calculated in December 2006, and took a fortnight to calculate. Please take my word for it.

Romanov expects us all to believe that there hasn't been any gains and that the club is still perilously in debt, so that UKIO continue to 'bail' us out and therefore make interest, which on ?20m or ?30m is a massive clear gross profit.

Because Hearts are now a private enterprise, Romanov doesn't have to make his bookwork as transparent as it used to be, and while I suspect, but am not saying this happens, the potential for doctored accounts is huge, especially when you have so many incomings and outgoings at an organisation like a large professional football club.

For example, Romanov could say he paid one of his advisors ?200k, and his advisor could say he did, but there wouldn't be any way of truly knowing that, it could be false, but impossible to know. Hearts would effectively pay that amount, and if this happens 10 - 20 times and tips the books, therefore increasing debt owed to UKIO........ well I think you can see my point.

If we made what is reported as made in 2006 and add the transfer of Gordon, and then the more average cash flow from the last two seasons, you are left with a huge amount of hard currency.

There simply isn't any way that Hearts overheads have eaten that money up.

He doesn't seem to be paying clubs for players, and reports of unpaid wages, fines etc. have all crept into the media, and these are only what we know!

When did Hearts last pay a large transfer fee?

When did Hearts last disclose a fee paid? Beslija? Did the club Beslija transferred from get the money quoted?

Fact is we all know it costs a lot of money to get a team good enough to play in the Champions League. Decent money was probably spent getting us there when we did. The champions league didn't pay out to us, because we didn't get to he league stages, but if it had, then it would have become worthwhile, more so in front of a bigger more regular support.

We seem to be going full steam ahead toward getting a new stadium, but don't have the fans to fill it. We did when Burley was running things, but that was scrapped by Romanov, because he didn't like it.

Have you considered that maybe Romanov didn't like it because it was too direct and effective, therefore potentially reducing our debt quicker?

His main concern is UKIO, if it wasn't and he wanted the best for us, Jim Duffy would never have been appointed and we would have had a proper manager like Nevio Scala or Robson when Duffy was appointed.

We all know its shambolic, but if you really think about it, the team continues to suffer due to what appear to be inexplicable decisions by a mad megalomaniac.

I don't think he is mad, I think he is a genius, and in my opinion, he is not about power and looking good, he is about making money, which he does very well to our cost.

Very enlightning post JD08 dont buy what your saying though. If this were the case he'd have come in and appionted Rix and rodney from the start not burley & fireworks phil. I dont know why he tryed to and has continued to fix it when it wasnt broke, we may never know but the guy is football daft and the other teams UKIO or himself have interests in enjoy on field success and i truely believe thats want he wants for hearts and want nothing more than to see us back to the heady highs of 06 and prove all these romanov GTFrs wrong. I dont agree at all with what hes done and the way hes ran the club but i do believe hes working toward rectifying it. Come this time nxt year if we're still in the same situation then i'll believe you untill then lets just see what this new management coaching team is about and what additions subtractions are made to the squad and if the main stand work is being carried out.

Guest jackdaddy2008

It was really George Foulkes who signed Burley and Anderton.

Maybe that was the problem, Romanov needs the credit for appointments made?

Foulkes would have mainly got the credit if Burley and Anderton had been left alone.

Andertons position was never a long term one though, what he does for a living gets introduced, and then adopted and managed, not many companies have Phil Andertons on their payroll for more than 2 or 3 years max.

I actually believe that if Romanov was in a position to take more credit for say, a league title and last 16 in the champions league, then yes he would go for it like he should have in 2006, because financially it would suit him.

I will always view him as pounds before glory.

We won't ever know until we actually have a credible football manager though. Its been a while since we had one of those.

I am for once totally clueless as to who it should or will be.

funktasticlad
It was really George Foulkes who signed Burley and Anderton.

Maybe that was the problem, Romanov needs the credit for appointments made?

Foulkes would have mainly got the credit if Burley and Anderton had been left alone.

Andertons position was never a long term one though, what he does for a living gets introduced, and then adopted and managed, not many companies have Phil Andertons on their payroll for more than 2 or 3 years max.

I actually believe that if Romanov was in a position to take more credit for say, a league title and last 16 in the champions league, then yes he would go for it like he should have in 2006, because financially it would suit him.

I will always view him as pounds before glory.

We won't ever know until we actually have a credible football manager though. Its been a while since we had one of those.

I am for once totally clueless as to who it should or will be.

Someone with integrity and a knowledge of football with good man management skills. = Jim Jefferies with Elvis or Locke as number 2. If its some shyster from the pyramid or some european nobody and the continued farse goes on with regards to the running of the club then that will be the final straw for myself and 90% plus of kickbackers i reckon. No matter what though, i'll always support the JTs

This chap sums it up, great t shirt.

[ATTACH]542[/ATTACH]

I know that man........

Bit of a drink problem....;)

Because he was probably the first "football man" to tell the public how it was at Hearts,he predicted GB walking week's before it happened and in words to the effect "don't trust Vlad".

He like so many have been totally correct and got it both barrel's like so many before and after.

How on earth did he get the gig on scotsport - oldfirm anyway? he's a total fud, always has been! Have you seen him trying to read an autocue? It's bad enough with that idiot Stott without this misfit too! No wonder it was taken off air, it was a joke of a programme!

Archived