what 3 movies since you were a kid sums up your take on life

hueyview

this should be a fri/sat night belter

1......As a small kid watching BBC2 universal horror with dad on saturday into the early hours in the 70s....................the house of Frankenstien, the mummy returns.........

2...saturday night fever ,the odeon, a week after my first date

3....Jaws/superman at the old ABC in lothian road,,,,,,,,i met robert shaw, but  chris reeves was smashing, so sad what happened......

Say What Again

There are no films that 'sum up my take on life'... bit bizarre.

Since I'm awake though and you mention 'old' (jeez :( ) cinemas, I remember:

Queuing round the square at The Odeon on South Clerk Street for ET.

My auld auntie taking me to see Young Sherlock in the ABC - and her falling asleep after about 5 mins. I wanted a choc ice :(

My mates sister giving me a blow job while a piper played, and I supped my beer, in the Dominion, before Braveheart.

I remember going to see Flash Gordon in the Ritz cinema in Canonmills and Fantasia at the cinema that became a nightclub on Lothian Road (the Caley?).

Can't answer the OP though, because I dont actually understand the question.

1) The first time I ever went to the cinema was to see Jungle Book 2 :lion:

2) The first Hobbit - Was the last time I was with my Gran before she took ill.

3) The Inbetweeners Movie (which BTW is a terrible film :lol:) because that's the night that I started dating my girlfriend of 5 years now.

I don't understand the question BTW so no idea if I've done this right :lol:

1) The first time I ever went to the cinema was to see Jungle Book 2 :lion:

2) The first Hobbit - Was the last time I was with my Gran before she took ill.

3) The Inbetweeners Movie (which BTW is a terrible film :lol:) because that's the night that I started dating my girlfriend of 5 years now.

I don't understand the question BTW so no idea if I've done this right :lol:

That'll be 4 years. :D

I mind getting a stauner watching American beauty when i was 7 or something :lol:

Loved the lion king when i was wee aswell.

Mind watching the Grudge at my mates and us both being terrified, watched the Japanese version of the ring one night when i was really young and was absolutely terrified.

So yeh, i don't understand the question either.

The Real Maroonblood

There are no films that 'sum up my take on life'... bit bizarre.

Since I'm awake though and you mention 'old' (jeez :( ) cinemas, I remember:

Queuing round the square at The Odeon on South Clerk Street for ET.

My auld auntie taking me to see Young Sherlock in the ABC - and her falling asleep after about 5 mins. I wanted a choc ice :(

My mates sister giving me a blow job while a piper played, and I supped my beer, in the Dominion, before Braveheart.

Is your mate's sister now your wife?

1). Jaws. Reminds me of when I was teething.

2). Risky Business. First time I realised how much elastic can stretch....

3). Predator. Reminds me of first girlfriend's looks...

Am I doing this right? Hehe

In all seriousness I'm not sure how to use 3 films to project a summary of life so far but some films from the past give me fond memories of growing up in the 80s....

ABC Minors Saturday morning and Double bills where the so called bmovie was better.

The last double bill I saw was a Clint Eastwood double Magnum Force and The Outlaw Jose Wales.

Watching Jaws on the first day of opening,superb film on the big screen.The scene with the head coming loose from the boat one of my best ever experiences in a cinema.

Watching westerns with my dad as a kid.Still my favourite type of movie.They Died With Their Boots On being an early memory.

luckyBatistuta

1/ The Super Saturday Show at The Odeon on Clerk street when I was a kid. Always makes me smile when I think of it.

2/ Going to see Grease at the ABC on Lothian Rd. Had never experienced anything like it before. We had to stand in Semple St as the queue was so big.

3/ La Bamba at The Odeon on Clerk street as it was my first date with my wife.

As a side note...I know it's not a film but also remember going to The Odeon on Clerk street to see Hazel O' Connor and the support act were Duran Duran. It was so funny as they got pelted with stuff from start to finish and booed constantly.

I've no idea what this thread is about TBH.

Is it meant to be about films who's plots somehow sum up my take on life?

Or just about films that are memorable because you got wanked off?

Say What Again

Is your mate's sister now your wife?

Nope - but I did go out with her for about 3 years. No idea what I saw in her :lol:

luckyBatistuta

I've no idea what this thread is about TBH.

Is it meant to be about films who's plots somehow sum up my take on life?

Or just about films that are memorable because you got wanked off?

You got something to tell us   :thumbsup:

rudi must stay

Dead Mans Shoes. Suppose I can relate to the brother in that one a little bit. A great film too

The Wicker Man. My last job had many characters like the ones in that movie.

Drive. Just because it was the film that got me watching more of them

Nope - but I did go out with her for about 3 years. No idea what I saw in her :lol:

Good at blow jobs :lol:

The Black Hole - (Disney version)

Superman - at the playhouse lothian road..

Rocky III at the Odeon (was sure the place was going to collapse when everyone stamped their feet and shouted for rocky).

You got something to tell us   :thumbsup:

American Beauty. Odeon Lothian Road.

It was quiet. Matinee showing.

1/ The Super Saturday Show at The Odeon on Clerk street when I was a kid. Always makes me smile when I think of it.

2/ Going to see Grease at the ABC on Lothian Rd. Had never experienced anything like it before. We had to stand in Semple St as the queue was so big.

As a side note...I know it's not a film but also remember going to The Odeon on Clerk street to see Hazel O' Connor and the support act were Duran Duran. It was so funny as they got pelted with stuff from start to finish and booed constantly.

Got there and joined at the side entrance to Woolies.  Longest queue ever; tbf it was a huge cinema so worries about getting in were unfounded.  Still one of my favourite films, and the first I can remember going just with friends.  To this day I still watch it every time it's on the telly, so yes perhaps a defining film in my life.

The Last American Virgin. My mate had a bootleg copy of it in 1982 when I was 14. We watched it about 30 times and it provided most of our Social & Sex Education

Watched St Elmo's Fire at the Odeon on Clerk Street in 1985 when I was about 17. It left me feeling hollow and empty and that life might just turn out shit. I developed Shingles in the following days and was ill as hell.

Gran Tourino. I'm a pretty unemotional type and bizarrely its the first Movie to make me cry since I watched Silent Running when I was about 10. (I cried at that because the robot in the hydroponics unit "died")

Bloodsport, A.W.O.L and kickboxer.

I now have a mullet and wear a denim vest and jeans with black boots and drink coors light down the pub.

Say What Again

Bloodsport, A.W.O.L and kickboxer.

I now have a mullet and wear a denim vest and jeans with black boots and drink coors light down the pub.

Could be worse man, could be downing Lambrini in hot pants, watching 'the one about bloodsport'

:)

Have we worked out what the hell we're supposed to posting yet?

Once I've figured out how "Superman" sums up the OP's take on life, I'll be rolling.

Thats a bit scarey...two of your memories are similar to mine... ! i recall seeing Grease at the ABC too and the queues were massive. In fact i went a few time and i also saw Hazel Oconnor ( i was a big fan) of her at Odeon with Duran Duran supporting. I still remembering them singing " Planet earth"

luckyBatistuta

Never said it at the time, but I went 3 times in total to see it at the ABC. The person I went to see Hazel O'Connor with was my mate James...getting scarier now.

Never said it at the time, but I went 3 times in total to see it at the ABC. The person I went to see Hazel O'Connor with was my mate James...getting scarier now.

well not surprisngly my name is James and I did go about 5 times to see Grease . But  i went to see Hazel Oconnor with a female friend..I am assuming your male.

luckyBatistuta

well not surprisngly my name is James and I did go about 5 times to see Grease . But  i went to see Hazel Oconnor with a female friend..I am assuming your male.

Yeah, knew it wasn't you bud. My mates last name was Rennie and yes I am male.

Yeah, knew it wasn't you bud. My mates last name was Rennie and yes I am male.

cool...yeah Hazel Oconnor was great back in the day. 

luckyBatistuta

cool...yeah Hazel Oconnor was great back in the day.

Went backstage and met her, she was brilliant.

1. I remember going on a trip to Liverpool from North Wales to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Legged it out of the cinema when the childcatcher appeared. Still never seen it all the way through

2. Quadrophenia. A British classic. Still one of my favourite films/albums

3. The Big Lebowski. Can't say how many times I've seen it but still makes me laugh every time I watch it

Archived