Why did BBC Scotland (sic) not mention this?

Seymour M Hersh

I felt Sydney was quite an unfriendly place tbh.

But of course Glasgow is the friendliest so anything that contradicts this will not be given airtime.

Seymour M Hersh

Why would they?

Oh I don't know, Scottish capital in top 15 friendliest cities in the world list.  Good news no?

Oh I don't know, Scottish capital in top 15 friendliest cities in the world list.  Good news no?

Not really newsworthy, just somebodies opinion. 

In other news - "BarasaMad.com votes Dumfries as the cleanest medium sized town in Southern Scotland."

Edit: I realise how much of a dick that made me sound, I'm not denying it's good news/publicity etc. but it isn't newsworthy :lol: IMO.

I felt Sydney was quite an unfriendly place tbh.

But of course Glasgow is the friendliest so anything that contradicts this will not be given airtime.

I got drugged and robbed in Sydney whilst travelling. So far that has never happened to me in Glasgow or Edinburgh.just sayin.

Edinburgh is the 9th friendliest city in the whole word?

:cornette:

What other cities were deemed friendlier? A Syrian war ground and Tijuana, Mexico?

Edinburgh is friendly.  No in an  in-your-face we're best mates forever style, but quietly and understated.  A 'good-morning' passing in the street or in a lift, a 'thank you' to bus drivers etc.

It's just that Edinburgh doesn't make such a big deal about being civil and pleasant as other places.

(I've always found Parisians to be friendly too.  Maybe it's because I don't talk very loudly in english at them)

That's just one guy's opinion. 

In the entire world, three of the top four friendliest cities are in Ireland ... according to an Irishman.  Aye, OK then.

And Asheville, North Carolina!  Where? Is that even a city?

Some people take harry potter very seriously :cornette:

In the entire world, three of the top four friendliest cities are in Ireland ... according to an Irishman. Aye, OK then.

And Asheville, North Carolina! Where? Is that even a city?

A survey by readers of Travel+Leisure magazine poll has uncovered what it claims to be the world's most friendly cities.

Seymour M Hersh

:rofl:

Some people have been so conditioned against the BBC :lol:

More BBC Scotland tbh. And you know they would have been banging on about it had it been Glasgow. 

Malinga the Swinga

More BBC Scotland tbh. And you know they would have been banging on about it had it been Glasgow.

We will never know because, contrary to what some posters shout from the rooftops, Glasgow just isn't that friendly.

I dunno. I see polls and stuff like this in my timeline all the time. It's not really newsworthy imo

We will never know because, contrary to what some posters shout from the rooftops, Glasgow just isn't that friendly.

I agree

Daydream Believer

Edinburgh is friendly.  No in an  in-your-face we're best mates forever style, but quietly and understated.  A 'good-morning' passing in the street or in a lift, a 'thank you' to bus drivers etc.

It's just that Edinburgh doesn't make such a big deal about being civil and pleasant as other places.

(I've always found Parisians to be friendly too.  Maybe it's because I don't talk very loudly in english at them)

I agree with that. Some places like Glasgow and Liverpool are aggressively friendly. Others like Edinburgh and Cambridge are a gentle type of friendly. All 4 are quite friendly but if you are a tourist, then the gentle friendly probably seems more pleasant.

Whit yi saying,  Ye want chibbed do you?  By the way what school did you go to?

In the entire world, three of the top four friendliest cities are in Ireland ... according to an Irishman.  Aye, OK then.

And Asheville, North Carolina!  Where? Is that even a city?

Ashville, NC is where the they have the annual highland games.  Lots of Scottish Americans live round that neck of the woods.

michael_bolton

Wow! :2thumbsup:

Some of the Edinburgh punters have got this chip on the shoulder really badly.

It's funny and pathetic at the same time.

Archived