Credit Report

K1874M

Right looking at purchasing a pad.... I've checked experien and all looks cool with that... are their any others I should have a look at?

Oh and if anyone's interested experien have a 30 day free access to your reports and ratings just now.

Right looking at purchasing a pad.... I've checked experien and all looks cool with that... are their any others I should have a look at?

Oh and if anyone's interested experien have a 30 day free access to your reports and ratings just now.

I think experian is the main one nowadays, but there is also one called Equifax, but I don't know if they do any free trials.

chester copperpot

with your sort of salary mate, I've located the perfect area for you.

parola1.jpg

flecktimus
I think experian is the main one nowadays, but there is also one called Equifax, but I don't know if they do any free trials.

Both them use the same data

The Future's Maroon
with your sort of salary mate, I've located the perfect area for you.

parola1.jpg

See the one with the maroon curtains....thats not mine!!:rolleyes:

chester copperpot
See the one with the maroon curtains....thats not mine!!:rolleyes:

Shiiiiiiiiiit, I thought we were neighbours too. ;)

I thought every time you carried out a check on Experian it counted against you?

davemclaren
I thought every time you carried out a check on Experian it counted against you?

Some do register but the ones you do yourself don't.

Sexton Hardcastle

Had a nitemare with experian. Id been trying to get a loan fora car from the turn of the year but got rejected a few times. got no debts etc so bought credit report. turns out ma old man who has same name as me and had lived at a previous address, they had put his credit file on me. So i had a rotten score and looked a high risk. So all my rejections were forcing my score down. Eventually they realised the mistake ,amended it but my score is still minging.

4 months on its still on going. No one is accepting responsibility. Have been told i can get compensation. But would rather just get a fecking loan.

Has anyone had anything similar? i think i now have to wait a year till my report wipes itself?

Its good to check, i have one blip which was a mistake on Oranges part so I'll be getting that sorted. Wonder how many other folks credit files have had mistakes.

Glad I used the free trial but think its disgusting these companies can charge you to see your own file.

So Equifax and Experien use the same files... good good!

Andy; thanks for the offer but I see enough of you with out moving to yer street.

Had a nitemare with experian. Id been trying to get a loan fora car from the turn of the year but got rejected a few times. got no debts etc so bought credit report. turns out ma old man who has same name as me and had lived at a previous address, they had put his credit file on me. So i had a rotten score and looked a high risk. So all my rejections were forcing my score down. Eventually they realised the mistake ,amended it but my score is still minging.

4 months on its still on going. No one is accepting responsibility. Have been told i can get compensation. But would rather just get a fecking loan.

Has anyone had anything similar? i think i now have to wait a year till my report wipes itself?

The best thing you can do is to take out a credit card (no matter how much the interest, as it's usually higher for people with lower credit scores), then spend a small amount on it each month and make sure you pay it off on time every month. Apparently, after a year you'll have a hugely improved credit score and will be accepted for pretty much anything.

Sexton Hardcastle

yea ive heard about that. I think in a month i will do it. Any ideas on what ones to apply for? cant afford to apply to ones and get kb'd and feck my score even more. My score, last tiem i looked was like 350. It now represents my information but its all the previous rejections that lowered my score, when i applied with bad credit rating. Im trying to get searches carried out then take off but its just dragging on. So maybe paying that extra bit for a credit card could help.

cheers

yea ive heard about that. I think in a month i will do it. Any ideas on what ones to apply for? cant afford to apply to ones and get kb'd and feck my score even more. My score, last tiem i looked was like 350. It now represents my information but its all the previous rejections that lowered my score, when i applied with bad credit rating. Im trying to get searches carried out then take off but its just dragging on. So maybe paying that extra bit for a credit card could help.

cheers

Hmm that is quite low..

Speak to your own bank they should be able to tell if you would be accepted for one of there cards...

Sexton Hardcastle

rite, will look into it shortly. Sorted a motor out that will do me til next year. Does anyone know much about claiming compensation? the boy who worked for experian said i had a good shout, i sent a letter and they are looking into but just wanted some advice as what to do and where to go from now.

My report/score with my dads bad credit on it was somthing like 550, and yet when his information came off i dropped to 350. Even tho i have virtually no debts bar a 3000 overdraft.

rite, will look into it shortly. Sorted a motor out that will do me til next year. Does anyone know much about claiming compensation? the boy who worked for experian said i had a good shout, i sent a letter and they are looking into but just wanted some advice as what to do and where to go from now.

My report/score with my dads bad credit on it was somthing like 550, and yet when his information came off i dropped to 350. Even tho i have virtually no debts bar a 3000 overdraft.

Is that a student over draft?

If so get a student credit card... also try and get back to ?0 if your living in the O/D.

cheers

Apparently the best ones are from Monument, Capital One, Barclaycard and The Associates, all with 30-odd percent interest, so make sure you pay them off in full! This article will tell you everything you need to know:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/credit-rating-credit-score

Sexton Hardcastle

cheers for that. Nah im not a student, just normal 300 quid overdraft. Will look at applying and try and get things back to where they should be.

Any ideas about claiming money from them? I mean whose fault is it. All i have done is apply fora loan, not knowing they were using wrong information on my name. Is it the Banks that have carried out the searches and not used the correct DOB or is it experian?

heres hoping for a 15k pay out fora new car ...and a few pints

Sexton Hardcastle

Silly question but not knowing much about credit cards...

if i did take one for around 6 months and spent a tiny bit and paid it off to help my score, can i then cancel my credit card at any point, or do they rope you in for like a year minimum? or does each card vary?

Silly question but not knowing much about credit cards...

if i did take one for around 6 months and spent a tiny bit and paid it off to help my score, can i then cancel my credit card at any point, or do they rope you in for like a year minimum? or does each card vary?

Yo can cancel it or just basically snap it and melt it.

Sexton Hardcastle

https://www.capitalone.co.uk/creditcards/secure/application.jsf

rite looking at this one just now. Shocking intrest but if i only spend 20 quid or so a month its worth it to get my credit sorted. And if i kept on doing this until the end of the year my score should look better yea?

Cnat find anything on the page about canceling it. So if what you say is correct, e.g i do it til Nov/Dec. Once its all paid and okay, i call them up. Ask to cancel, snap/burn/eat the basterd and all is good? just dont wanna get in shed loads of debt

ta

https://www.capitalone.co.uk/creditcards/secure/application.jsf

rite looking at this one just now. Shocking intrest but if i only spend 20 quid or so a month its worth it to get my credit sorted. And if i kept on doing this until the end of the year my score should look better yea?

Cnat find anything on the page about canceling it. So if what you say is correct, e.g i do it til Nov/Dec. Once its all paid and okay, i call them up. Ask to cancel, snap/burn/eat the basterd and all is good? just dont wanna get in shed loads of debt

ta

Pay it off and you wont... Did you read the thing on money saving expert... he actually advises to NOT pay it all off every month, Weird.

Sexton Hardcastle

yea it does. Think il go ahead an apply just now. Hopefully wont do any harm. Credit scores that bad it really doesnt matter to be fair.

yea it does. Think il go ahead an apply just now. Hopefully wont do any harm. Credit scores that bad it really doesnt matter to be fair.

Their is a cc out their for people in your position cant remember the name its for people who want to build their credit score.

Sexton Hardcastle

Yea capital one had one for "credit Builder". Applied and they will contact within 7 days. Is that normal ?

Forgot to choose what card design i want. If they send the england flag there will be one unhappy chappy.

Yea capital one had one for "credit Builder". Applied and they will contact within 7 days. Is that normal ?

Forgot to choose what card design i want. If they send the england flag there will be one unhappy chappy.

Yes if your score is low... they'll want to do checks.

Sexton Hardcastle

yea fair play.

I take it you do very little at your work as well as me ?

yea fair play.

I take it you do very little at your work as well as me ?

haha na, had a meeting cancel on me this morning before I left so sitting in the house and going to head down to work in 30 - 40 mins.

I ave thought about blocking JKB at work tho to stop me sitting on it... when something happens its hard to get any work done.... usually end up having to work late because of it.

Sexton Hardcastle

ahhh fair enough. Il remember that one for next time !

Gotta love fridays !

Archived