Do you hate cricket as much as me?

The Future's Maroon

The Future's Maroon

If you despise the game as much as I do then you'll enjoy this....

Denny Crane

Flynn should've done what Gordon Greenidge used to do. Drop the wrists and lean back. You and your wicket are protected and the bowler has wasted both a delivery and some energy in a wasted bowl.

Besides with four down already, it was a stupid shot to play as (injury aside) he could've skied it to one of the fielders. We were always taught: "Only hook if you're sure you can make the shot or if you're involved in a run chase with limited time to get them."

Besides that injury is not laughable. There but for the grace of his grilled-helmet. Had he not been wearing it.......

Denny Crane

The person commentating on that footage - Ian Botham - had a similar incident in the 70s in a cup match for Somerset. He took a nasty one from West Indian fast-bowling legend Andy Roberts and lost a few teeth. He regained his composure and proceeded to to tear the opposition apart en route to guiding Somerset to victory. As the match was televised, Beefy-mania began. The rest is history.

People will still say Crickets for poofs.

Any game that stops 'cause it rains is for poofs.

Ridiculously ****e game.

Denny Crane

Ridiculously ****e game.

World title boxing fights in open air stadiums have had the fear of cancellation looming over them after adverse weather (Lewis v Bruno for one and had Ali v Foreman happened a day later, that fight would have been off). Are they poofs too?

World title boxing fights in open air stadiums have had the fear of cancellation looming over them after adverse weather (Lewis v Bruno for one and had Ali v Foreman happened a day later, that fight would have been off). Are they poofs too?

No, as I'm sure the boxers wouldn't mind fighting in the rain. The cricket players scamper off as soon as it looks a bit murky.

"Oh, Tarquin, is that the rain on?"

"Why yes t'is, Clarence. Shall we retire to the club for scones?"

"I think we must."

*gay wee run away*

People will still say Crickets for poofs.

Only sport gayer than rugby.

chester copperpot

:rofl:

I love Cricket, but that was seriously funny.

Ridiculously ****e game.

I agree. How can you enjoy something that lasts for days.

jambos are go!

Acquired a taste for cricket in the 60's when there was nothing else on the telly on rainy afternoons in Edinburgh during the school holidays. Derek Underwood introduced me to the joys of watching great Spin Bowling.

You've got to realise that although nothing seems to be happening sometimes something is always happening if you know what I mean.

Acquired a taste for cricket in the 60's when there was nothing else on the telly on rainy afternoons in Edinburgh during the school holidays. Derek Underwood introduced me to the joys of watching great Spin Bowling.

You've got to realise that although nothing seems to be happening sometimes something is always happening if you know what I mean.

Aye; some upper-class nonce is always doing something upper-class noncy.

Mister Dee

In an attempt to confound the non-cricket lovers;

Anyone who doesn't like cricket is gay.

I used to hate cricket with a passion.

I found it to be overly complicated and boring, could never watch it for more than 5 minutes.

But when the ahses started the last time when England got gubbed 5-0 I watched the very first days play from the start to se if I could grasp the rules of the game and how its played. Suprisingly I picked it all up in about an hour and actually started to enjoy what I was watching.

Dont really like the test match side of things. I like a good One dayer and enjoyed the world cup last year.

20-20 is a great game aswell, I reckon this game will really grow over the next few years and it has already begun with the start of the IPL this year.

If you dont really like cricket and dont understand it, I suggest that you try and watch either a one dayer or a 20-20 game from teh start and try and pick up the rules.

You might enjoy it.

Denny Crane
No, as I'm sure the boxers wouldn't mind fighting in the rain. The cricket players scamper off as soon as it looks a bit murky.

"I think we must."

*gay wee run away*

They go off for rain because the rainwater would damage the pitch making that hard red thing that is the ball even more lethal than it is.

And anyway, if you faced an over from Michael Holding or Jeff Thomson, the only scones you'd be having afterwards would be liquidised ones.

Denny Crane

Aye - 38 games to decide a football league title...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...:rolleyes:

And as for that golf.........

Walter Payton

I heard your bird would just appreciate minutes.

Aye - 38 games to decide a football league title...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...:rolleyes:

And as for that golf.........

Football is a far superior sport to cricket.

In EVERY way.

Golf is also gay.

Goose Baxter

No a fan on the tests that go over 5 days but i do like to watch the one day internationals or the 20/20 cricket is ok as well

Love the cricket. A day out at Lords in the sunshine watching a test match is brilliant. As is listening to the funny folks on test match special. Or watching either a batsman really dominate - or a great tense battle between batsman and bowler.

One dayers and 20 20 have their place. But they are not a patch on a great test match.

Playing cricket is great fun too.

Pete Seeger

In EVERY way.

Golf is also gay.

Nonsense.

Aye; some upper-class nonce is always doing something upper-class noncy.

Hmmm...Harold Larwood and Freddie Truman would disagree with you there.

Or Courtney Walsh.

In EVERY way.

Football is superior to every other sport.

That doesn't mean that others are rubbish though.

I suggest that the reason you dislike cricket is because you don't understand it. The subtleties and nuances are beyond you.

The Future's Maroon

Posh mans rounders, load of gash.

I don't like cricket...........I love it!

I'm surprised it took 22 posts for ths to appear :laugh:

Gutted I didn't think of it.

Cricket is gash. The worst thing is the ridiculous amount of coverage it now gets on TV. I'd be as well cancelling my Setanta subscription because the bloody indian league thing is on for about 8 hours a day now...every day.

Give it a channel of its own, sorted. I then won't have to be subjected to posh country folk swanning around a big field all day (except of course when it is time for tea and sandwiches).

Denny Crane

In EVERY way.

Golf is also gay.

I never said it was. Just pointing out that football also has its longevity value.

Denny Crane
Savage! Philistine! Barbarian!

captain_haddock.gif

You missed out Bashi-Bazouk, Pockmark, Ostrogoth, Racketeer, Chiropractor.....(I'm sure there's a site out there that has all of the captain's insults).

Cricket is gash. The worst thing is the ridiculous amount of coverage it now gets on TV. I'd be as well cancelling my Setanta subscription because the bloody indian league thing is on for about 8 hours a day now...every day.

Give it a channel of its own, sorted. I then won't have to be subjected to posh country folk swanning around a big field all day (except of course when it is time for tea and sandwiches).

Of course. One thought you were forgetting the important part, young squire!

Tea and ****ing sandwiches. It's supposed to be a sport ffs.

You missed out Bashi-Bazouk, Pockmark, Ostrogoth, Racketeer, Chiropractor.....(I'm sure there's a site out there that has all of the captain's insults).

Mines was the pre-watershed version....:o

;)

This is class.

Imran Khan gets on my Rosa's though.

Prasad never made anuff of that imo... good reply tho.

Commander Harris

"I think we must."

*gay wee run away*

that sounds just like me ;)

was hoping to be playing this evening but looks like it'll be off :sad:

oh well, tea and crumpets instead :D

that sounds just like me ;)

was hoping to be playing this evening but looks like it'll be off :sad:

oh well, tea and crumpets instead :D

Didnt know you played Mr D, who do you play for?

Commander Harris
Didn't know you played Mr D, who do you play for?

I'm a total amateur Kenny, just play occasionally for my church team. We've got a few decent players who play for other teams but it's pretty mixed ability and not too serious. enjoy it even though I'm pish.

Archived