Paterson red card - rescinded on appeal (Merged Threads)

iantjambo

Not clear whether it was for a dive or diving into challenge? Conflicting reports. Was he booked earlier in the game?

Not clear whether it was for a dive or diving into challenge? Conflicting reports. Was he booked earlier in the game?

No

Two problems here one is the referee and the other is a boy with not much between his ears

The only outcome is red

Was listening to it on the radio and even they had no clue what the red was for. This being said, we shouldn't be falling to pieces just because of a standard Collum decision. What actually happened?!

I will guess when I see the incident that CP has gone in way OTT as watching him (and I am a fan) this is a clear failing...

From Chicos report Paterson dived in but the boy reacted,loads of pushing and shoving.

Still enough for the twat in black to dish out his red card.

Two problems here one is the referee and the other is a boy with not much between his ears

The only outcome is red

"Not much between his ears"?

Are you having a ******* laugh!

Paterson's was no worse than a few of theirs in the first half. Put it this way it was a shock when the red came out.

"Not much between his ears"?

Are you having a ******* laugh!

Is he a brainiac like!?!? His immature conduct on the park at times is very cringey tbh and he needs to act with a bit more maturity....

Bert Le Clos

Banderson saying on Twitter it was deserved.

Studs showing, serious foul play.

Paterson's was no worse than a few of theirs in the first half. Put it this way it was a shock when the red came out.

Hamilton put in a few cynical professional yellow card fouls.

Lunging red card offences?

Looked to me like he was pushed causing him to fall forward then ended up lunging in. Nowhere near as bad as the one on walker and the deliberate kick at king

Patterson flew in but I couldn't see if he caught the boy or not, but if you fly in like that you're giving the ref a big decision to make.

And we all know what happens when the ref is Collum and you give him an excuse.

Hamilton put in a few cynical professional yellow card fouls.

Lunging red card offences?

Need to see all again. Thought it was harsh but will stand corrected if wrong.

Is he a brainiac like!?!? His immature conduct on the park at times is very cringey tbh and he needs to act with a bit more maturity....

He's been fantastic so far this season,labelling him as a dimwit is harsh in the extreme.Weve had an amazing start but the pant wetters don't take long to show us their knickers.Take a breath,calm the *** down and enjoy the ride eh,Btw this post isn't aimed at you.

Paterson took a heavy touch and lunged into a 50/50, as did the Hamilton boy. Wasn't surprised the red was given and can't really complain. However the Hamilton boy, I think number 12, jumped straight up and had a go at Paterson. Looked like he jumped on top of him, maybe a kick or punch thrown too. But there was no sending off for his retaliation which I was expecting.

Hamilton had 2 bad tackles in the 1st half that could have been reds but Collum only gave yellows. One of those players should have had a second yellow but got away with it. Overall the red was correct but not much else way from Collum.

On a side note, we were horrendous defensively and can't really complain about losing the game.

He's been fantastic so far this season,labelling him as a dimwit is harsh in the extreme.Weve had an amazing start but the pant wetters don't take long to show us their knickers.Take a breath,calm the *** down and enjoy the ride eh,Btw this post isn't aimed at you.

I am one of his biggest fans and have been for 3 years...he won me over as a 17 y old home and away against Liverpool...

All I am saying is even Mr Magoo can see his ability to react all to easily may cost him personally and it may cost us from time to time also...we got away with it at ER last year but today not....

gerryjambo41

I thought Paterson won the ball cleanly , obviously he went in hard but no worse than the shocking foul on Walker , which to compound the yellow card the had another easy yellow card within 5 minutes. We played poorly today but Collum's decisions swung the game back in Hamilton's favour

Dave McCreery's knee

Paterson needs to develop a better footballing brain. Still young but has lots of experience now and can still be rash and lack composure. He sails close to the wind with some challenges.

And he's not praying

5 mins earlier we'd just taken the lead in a game we hadn't played well in. It wasn't as if we were 2 down and the red mist came down because the game was lost.

Possibly a push on him first but a crazy decision to jump in like that with Collum as referee. There was never any doubt he was going to show red.

Would love to blame Collum but we got what we deserved from the game.

Banderson saying on Twitter it was deserved.

Studs showing, serious foul play.

That's what Spencer is saying on the matchday thread.

Neil is that really you mate?

5 mins earlier we'd just taken the lead in a game we hadn't played well in. It wasn't as if we were 2 down and the red mist came down because the game was lost.

Possibly a push on him first but a crazy decision to jump in like that with Collum as referee. There was never any doubt he was going to show red.

I think you summed it up. By diving in like that he gave Collum the excuse to send him off. It was na?ve and cost us - hopefully he learns from it.

The retaliation looked worse but I couldn't see if the boy caught Paterson

suprised Hamilton player wasn't sent off

I am one of his biggest fans and have been for 3 years...he won me over as a 17 y old home and away against Liverpool...

All I am saying is even Mr Magoo can see his ability to react all to easily may cost him personally and it may cost us from time to time also...we got away with it at ER last year but today not....

He plays on the edge I'll agree but more times than not,that attitude will win games,create or score goals.The lad is a winner,he spent the whole summer working on his fitness and strength.His attitude is fantastic and I think it's pretty poor for any Hearts fan to question his intelligence.

Swimmer_Jambo

Wouldn't be surprised if Patterson has injured his hand. Could see him going down the tunnel from where I was and gave the wall a right hook. Then booted it for good measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbie saying that it wasn't a red card. Very critical of Officials and emphasized the need to train with 10 men again this week.

Stupid thing to do at that time in the game. Equally disappointed with our inability to dig in and see the game out after it had happened though. Thought our defence looked shaky from the start with a lack of communication inviting pressure on to ourselves. Ozturk needs to spend more time organising at the back. 

Robbie saying that it wasn't a red card. Very critical of Officials and emphasized the need to train with 10 men again this week.

On Radio Scotland saying just that....

We said it on here too.

Robbie was coldly scathing.  He said  " every time with this official... so much so that all last week we trained with ten men. " 

" not in the history of Scottish football has a manager trained in advance with ten men due to teh official that would be present. "

( words of Tam and Sfewart). 

Willie Collum  ?   MEH 

"Decision to jump in like that with Collum as referee" what does this mean? Do you think he would have been sent off by all referees or we should play differently when he referees us?

Was Bauben the one sacrificed in training?

manaliveits105

Whether the red was deserved or not there seemed to be a two sided melee after but only hearts got a red and a yellow for players on the pitch and a yellow for someone who wasnt even stripped collum is bent no doubts

He plays on the edge I'll agree but more times than not,that attitude will win games,create or score goals.The lad is a winner,he spent the whole summer working on his fitness and strength.His attitude is fantastic and I think it's pretty poor for any Hearts fan to question his intelligence.

Fair point but 2 red cards in a year away from home for not having the game intelligence suggests he doesnt learn from his mistakes...but I agree he does contribute and will pick us up points and has...albeit this clear flaw in his make-up could really cost him as he is one with big potential granted in terms of his future...

It was clever of the little RE teacher  to send off Patterson as he serves a dual role.   Our defence collapsed then - not that it was great before.  

Well we have work to do on the defence, and a crisis day can often be a  time to get things moving.  Good can come out of it.  

Cowan  on off the ball said  " cathartic" day.  I agree -  hey amazing Cowan knows Cathartic - but its apt. 

well said

had another good game overall

Malinga the Swinga

Polarised views on here as usual with some, usually those who always back up officials and criticise Hearts, saying definite red, and some, usually those who defend Hearts and criticise referee,Collum in particular, saying it was never a red card.

Now that Robbie has stated his opinion that it wasn't a red card, I think I will side with him rather than listen to the Collum loving SFA defending holier than thou types who wouldn't know the difference between a hard tackle and a foul tackle if it happened to them.

Absolutely ridiculous to suggest that we should have to change players competitive spirit depending on who the referee is. Collum is of course the man who only yellow carded Craig Gordon when he brought down Ross County's Irvine when he was straight through with an open goal. He is a cheating C word of the highest order.

Archived