Cessna Planes

Gershwin

Anyone ever been in one? Did you come close to dying?

How come these planes crash all the time?

I don't think I'd ever get in one of these.

Stuart Lyon

There must be someone out there who has been in one that hasn't come close to dying. There must also be hundreds, thousands of Cessnas out there that haven't crashed yet thus disputing Gershwin's theory/worries.

when i flew to bulgaria it was either a cessna or a tupolev...i cannot remember. Anyway the tyres were bald and you could smell jet fuel....but I am still here so it was fine.

There must be someone out there who has been in one that hasn't come close to dying. There must also be hundreds, thousands of Cessnas out there that haven't crashed yet thus disputing Gershwin's theory/worries.

Rubbish

WTF is a Cessna plane?

It's a small aircraft. Celebrities seem to use them quite alot. Death traps I tell you.

jamtartsandbees

I've flown in a Cessna 152 and a 172 and I'm still here.

Are you talking props or jets?

I've flown in a Cessna 152 and a 172 and I'm still here.

Are you talking props or jets?

You've thrown me. It's just the brand name I always hear whenever there's a tragic plane crash in to a field. That or a learjet.

The Old Tolbooth

You guys are doing wonders for my confidence, I'm flying to Barcelona tomorrow!

Aren't Cessnas more likely to be flown by amateurs?

Therefore more likely (in my not-all-that-knowledgeable-about-the-aviation-industry opinion) to fall out of the sky if any problems occur?

Stuart Lyon

Gershwin - see nothing form any dead person yet and nothing from anyone who's had a narrow escape. Your theory is flawed.

Ive flown in one of these a few times and to be honest I felt safer in that than I do sometimes in a 757. Great experience if you have a good pilot who will take you about sight seeing. We have taken them a few times in Belize and the pilot always makes sure you get some great pictures.

I've flown in a Cessna 152 and 172, and loved it. As has already been said, these planes are most likely to be flown by pilots who do it as a hobby and so aren't necessarily as well trained as airline pilots. Also the equipment on board is nowhere near as good as airlines have. Lots of pilots only have licences which allow them to fly VFR, which means that they look out the window and use the ground as a reference, if you are flying VFR then you are not meant to fly into cloud and so must move round build ups of cloud. Airlines fly IFR which means that they use instrumentation to fly the aircraft. This difference is why more small planes are involved in crashes than airliners.

chester copperpot

Anything other than a 200 seater plane should be banned.

Hate flying, though have became more at ease with it since my near death experience in Malaga in 2000.

Shat my pants so I did.

Hate flying, though have became more at ease with it since my near death experience in Malaga in 2000.

Shat my pants so I did.

How the **** does that make sense? I hate flying too, and I think if I nearly died on a plane, the last thing it would make me is more comfortable about future journeys.

chester copperpot
How the **** does that make sense? I hate flying too, and I think if I nearly died on a plane, the last thing it would make me is more comfortable about future journeys.

My logic neave is that I'm now the safest fecker in the world to fly with. Its the safest form of travel, and because I had a pretty scary flight, I've now got an even less chance of dying.

I know it dont make sense. :confused:;) Its a coping mechanism I use to help me fly.

My logic neave is that I'm now the safest fecker in the world to fly with. Its the safest form of travel, and because I had a pretty scary flight, I've now got an even less chance of dying.

I know it dont make sense. :confused:;)Its a coping mechanism I use to help me fly.

Fair dos mate, wouldn't dream of taking that away from you by questioning it!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Shat my pants so I did.

What happened?

Don't say it was just bad turbulence ya poof! ;)

chester copperpot
Fair dos mate, wouldn't dream of taking that away from you by questioning it!

Seriously man, I have 10 plane journeys planned for June, with my holidays in the middle, not looking forward to it in the slightest.

chester copperpot
What happened?

Don't say it was just bad turbulence ya poof! ;)

Have had this put on other threads before mate. One of the engine's lost power and caught fire mid air.

Fecking fecking scary experience, whenever I closed my eyes coming in to land, I saw all my family at my funeral.

BTW, enjoy your weekend away John. :)

I've flown in a good few, only thing I didnae like about them was when it rained in 1 I used to use a lot we got wet inside!

I have no problems with them, good planes, well made.

King of the North

I've flown a cessna once. Rattles about like feck in the air, and the cockpit seemed like it had been pieced together from bits of old cars.

Done it once - won't do it again. Not for me.

scott herbertson

Flew in one from Biggin Hill to Blackpool

Worried me that the pilot used a road atlas to navigate and pickled our route out from motorway service stations

Also didn't like seeing the sheep on the hills in close up

Even worse would be a flight in a Lockheed starfighter aka the Widowmaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GEI7waBmcQ

scott herbertson

Also on the way to Tallin to see hearts Lantana. Flew Swedish Airlines but they didnae tell us the last leg was a wee jaunt across the baltic from Helsinki to Tallin in an ex soviet 20 seater thingy where they served everyone neat vodka before take off (including, I reckon, the pilot and the very worried looking fat stewardess)

There was abotu 5 of us on the thing and just before take off a huge fat Finnish women came on, eyeballed me and squeezed up to me on the outer seat.

" I am very scared of flying" she said, and squeezed up a little more....

I don't know which Iwas more terrified of - the uber fuhrer finnish nurse or the rickety plane.

Archived