Quick question about internet flights

Carl Weathers

Carl Weathers

Just a quick bit of advice required.

I'm hoping to book my flights to Malaysia tonight and have stumbled across this website:

http://www.cheapflights.co.uk/flights/Kuala-Lumpur/London-Area/Peak-Summer-08/

All of the companies are offering flights at around ?600inc taxes which is roughly ?300 than the likes of sta, opodo etc.

It's great news but I'm worried that it is too good to be true. Has anyone bought tickets like this before?

Thanks in advance!:)

I'm hoping to book my flights to Malaysia tonight and have stumbled across this website:

All of the companies are offering flights at around ?600inc taxes which is roughly ?300 than the likes of sta, opodo etc.

It's great news but I'm worried that it is too good to be true. Has anyone bought tickets like this before?

I haven't used this particular website but have you checked that the cost is for a direct flight ?

In any case , if you pay by credit card you will be insured.

See this link - especially the comments about offers often not being available.

http://www.webuser.co.uk/sites/site_review.php?rev_id=488

This company have been around for a while I think, but make sure the price you get includes all taxes and charges. Direct flights from Heathrow to KL are only with Malaysia Airlines I think, so any other airline will have a change en route. Have you tried getting a fare from Edinburgh or Glasgow via Amsterdam, Frankfurt or Dubai? May not be a lot more.

Midloth_Iain

I booked flights to the Far East at the end of last year for flights in March this year.

Cheapest was Qantas (booked direct through their own website).

London > Hong Kong

Bangkok > London

Round trip ?440-00 inc taxes. :)

Another option might be to fly to HK using OasisHK (cheap airline out of Gatwick) and getting a local (possible) budget carrier from HK to KL

Carl Weathers

Thanks for the replies.

So far I've phoned 6 companies and the prices range from ?640 - ?1000>

Direct flights are too expensive now.

Hopefully I can get them down slightly! :confused:

If you want to go non-stop you'll generally find the best fares on the airlines' own web sites.

As others have said, if you don't mind going direct (ie with a stop/connection) or a circuitous route, then try other web sites. Just make sure you ask the right questions about exact route, stops, connection times and total journey time.

Direct flights are too expensive now.

Bear in mind that "direct" and "non-stop" are different things.

chester copperpot

Use cheapflights for all my flights to the states mate, all have been fine so far.

My most used one's on this website have been mytravel.co.uk Dialaflight.co.uk.

Both have been superb.

Midloth_Iain

I dont know your dates of travel , but a quick internet pricing example >

London - Bangkok - London.......August. Prices vary, depending on dates, from ?403 to ? 525 return including taxes using Qantas

Bangkok - KL - Bangkok....... Approx ?80 return using Air Asia (budget airline). I used Air Asia when in Thailand, perfectly adequate.

Obviously a direct flight would be better if you can get something in the same price range :)

Carl Weathers

After phoning around 8 or so agents today we managed to get return flights for ?538 each. London to KL via Dubai.

This is a pretty good saving, although we have altered the dates of the trip (now mid Aug to mid Sep).

I'm pretty happy.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Phoning around really does make a difference - I could've easily paid over ?1000k for these flights!

Archived