Hamilton tickets?

Zippyisajambo

SwindonJambo

Only ?10.60 return on the train from Edinburgh via Glasgow to Hamilton West - short walk to the ground

Any idea how many tickets we'll get and have sold?

Ummm, no it isn't.  It's only ?10.60 return if you don't travel via Glasgow so that means changing at Motherwell or Bellshill.  Motherwell is by far the better and quicker option as there's only 1 change involved and the ground's right next to Hamilton West Station.  Half hourly service from Motherwell. If you go on the rickety old Shotts line to Bellshill, you must also change at Cambuslang.

You can go via Glasgow, but it's ?16.50.

I'm originally from Hamilton and always stay there with family when I come up North for Hearts games so make the exact reverse journey a few times a season. There are a few pubs around the station, including the Academical Vaults on the corner of the main road just as you emerge from the Station.  There's a Sainsbury's with a cafe on the site of their old ground and the new gorund's next door.  This is the easiest and cheapest away game for travel all season so hope we take a good support through.  The Accies are a very well run and friendly wee club with good humoured fans so you should enjoy your day out.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bought 4 online, they were for row C which would suggest that we are only a few rows away from selling out.

Just bought 4 online, they were for row C which would suggest that we are only a few rows away from selling out.

Should we sell all the tickets behind the goals then I would think Hamilton will release tickets for the temp stand.

SwindonJambo

Should we sell all the tickets behind the goals then I would think Hamilton will release tickets for the temp stand.

Yep. Most certainly.  And if we sell out that too and there's sufficient demand then I think from memory they'll split the main stand and move their own fans from that area as they can't fill it themselves.  They struggle to get 2,000 of their own fans for most games (they lose fans to local rivals Motherwell as well as the smellies) and that stand holds about 3,300. I've only ever been to their new ground once, when the Hearts game was on a Sunday so I went to see their game on the Saturday - a local derby v Airdrie.  Tidy little ground and far better than their tinpot ramshackle old ground, which I went to several times when living there locally as a kid.

Make sure you thank them for relegating Hibs - that will go down very well :)

Gorgie_Rules

Ummm, no it isn't.  It's only ?10.60 return if you don't travel via Glasgow so that means changing at Motherwell or Bellshill.  Motherwell is by far the better and quicker option as there's only 1 change involved and the ground's right next to Hamilton West Station.  Half hourly service from Motherwell. If you go on the rickety old Shotts line to Bellshill, you must also change at Cambuslang.

You can go via Glasgow, but it's ?16.50.

I'm originally from Hamilton and always stay there with family when I come up North for Hearts games so make the exact reverse journey a few times a season. There are a few pubs around the station, including the Academical Vaults on the corner of the main road just as you emerge from the Station.  There's a Sainsbury's with a cafe on the site of their old ground and the new gorund's next door.  This is the easiest and cheapest away game for travel all season so hope we take a good support through.  The Accies are a very well run and friendly wee club with good humoured fans so you should enjoy your day out.

My mistake, I just looked at the off peak open return price on Trainline, didnt realise it was slightly complicated in terms of changes on way home. According to Trainline, it looks like the only way to use the ?10.60 ticket is to get the 17.30 from Hamilton West to Motherwell, 17.49 Motherwell to Bellshill for 17:55 then 18.19 Bellshill to Waverley, getting in at 19.10

Alternative is to leave Hamilton West at 17.16 and get the same train to Waverley from Glasgow Central at 18.03 which would be ?16.50

Is it easy enough to get the train via Motherwell and Bellshill in terms of saving the cost of a couple of pints and the 25 min wait in Central or easier just to head to Central?

SwindonJambo

Gorgie_Rules,

Yep - definately.  If you go all the way to Central, you double back on yourself and come back the way you came so although the journey is 1 change instead of 2, there's no time saving. So spend the saving on beer :) ! If going on the Shotts line to Edinburgh, it's easier to head towards Glasgow from Hamilton West, get off at Cambuslang and get a train to Bellshill from there as the service is more frequent.  All you're doing is going the opposite way round the circle to going via Motherwell.

But better still, there are direct and fast trains from Edinburgh to Motherwell via Carstairs and Hamilton West is only 1 change and 10 minutes from Motherwell.  Unfortunately said fast trains only go every hour or 2. I use them all whenever going to Tynie when up.  There are definitely a few Hamilton based Jambos around - I met a wee crowd of them on the train back from the derby win at ER in April 14 when Patterson got 2 goals in 2/3 minutes. Maybe some of them post on here ? The journey they'll make to Tynie every week is the exact reverse of what you'll be doing on Saturday.

Gorgie_Rules

Gorgie_Rules,

Yep - definately.  If you go all the way to Central, you double back on yourself and come back the way you came so although the journey is 1 change instead of 2, there's no time saving. So spend the saving on beer :) ! If going on the Shotts line to Edinburgh, it's easier to head towards Glasgow from Hamilton West, get off at Cambuslang and get a train to Bellshill from there as the service is more frequent.  All you're doing is going the opposite way round the circle to going via Motherwell.

But better still, there are direct and fast trains from Edinburgh to Motherwell via Carstairs and Hamilton West is only 1 change and 10 minutes from Motherwell.  Unfortunately said fast trains only go every hour or 2. I use them all whenever going to Tynie when up.  There are definitely a few Hamilton based Jambos around - I met a wee crowd of them on the train back from the derby win at ER in April 14 when Patterson got 2 goals in 2/3 minutes. Maybe some of them post on here ? The journey they'll make to Tynie every week is the exact reverse of what you'll be doing on Saturday.

Perfect, cheers for the info! :thumbsup:

My mistake, I just looked at the off peak open return price on Trainline, didnt realise it was slightly complicated in terms of changes on way home. According to Trainline, it looks like the only way to use the ?10.60 ticket is to get the 17.30 from Hamilton West to Motherwell, 17.49 Motherwell to Bellshill for 17:55 then 18.19 Bellshill to Waverley, getting in at 19.10

Alternative is to leave Hamilton West at 17.16 and get the same train to Waverley from Glasgow Central at 18.03 which would be ?16.50

Is it easy enough to get the train via Motherwell and Bellshill in terms of saving the cost of a couple of pints and the 25 min wait in Central or easier just to head to Central?

Edinburgh 13.12 to Motherwell for 13.53

Motherwell 14.16 Hamilton West for 14.27

Hamilton West 17.02 to Motherwell for 17.12

Motherwell 17.16 to Edinburgh for 17.58

(tight connection at Motherwell coming home - 2 hours till next direct train to Edinburgh but its what I'm doing - watch the EPL game and chat to Motherwell fans who play at home if have to wait)

SwindonJambo

Gorgie_Rules,

You're welcome!  If going via Cambuslang then that ?10.60 fare still applies.  Just don't go all the way into Glasgow and you'll be fine.  When buying your ticket, be sure to ask for the 'Not via Glasgow' fare as they'll no doubt sell you the dearer ticket by default.  The Hamilton Circle used to be a simple loop with trains going both ways but since they re-opened a couple of old lines, e.g. the branch to Larkhall (Orangeville) they've made it more complicated...

SwindonJambo

Edinburgh 13.12 to Motherwell for 13.53

Motherwell 14.16 Hamilton West for 14.27

Hamilton West 17.02 to Motherwell for 17.12

Motherwell 17.16 to Edinburgh for 17.58

(tight connection at Motherwell coming home - 2 hours till next direct train to Edinburgh but its what I'm doing - watch the EPL game and chat to Motherwell fans who play at home if have to wait)

4 minutes to change train at Motherwell is absolutely no bother.  It's only got 4 platforms. Walk briskly and go to Platform 1 for your train home.  It'll take you 90 seconds tops.

4 minutes to change train at Motherwell is absolutely no bother. It's only got 4 platforms. Walk briskly and go to Platform 1 for your train home. It'll take you 90 seconds tops.

cheers

Me and 3 of my mates are looking for a hearts supporters bus to get to Hamilton anyone know a bus available?

West End bus leaving Tynecastle Arms 11.30 coming straight back after the game 

10 quid a head

seats available

J.T.F.Robertson

I was in the shop a couple of hours ago picking a couple of things up and thought I'd check the tickets' status. Was told they had less than 150 left but were hopeful of another allocation but couldn't say how many.

Fxxx the SPFL

still a few seats left on the West End bus from Tynecastle Arms

hi Kenny I will provisionally take two we were not going to make game due to a prior engagement but can now so will hopefully get tickets before they sell out.

hi Kenny I will provisionally take two we were not going to make game due to a prior engagement but can now so will hopefully get tickets before they sell out.

no probs Ray

I just bought two this morning for me and my mate, they are in row A so possibly getting quite close to selling out the away stand. Hopefully a few overspill jambos in the wee stand. As someone else has said, this is a huge game before the international break!

Fxxx the SPFL

I just bought two this morning for me and my mate, they are in row A so possibly getting quite close to selling out the away stand. Hopefully a few overspill jambos in the wee stand. As someone else has said, this is a huge game before the international break!

I just got two only six left but the lassie said they were getting another two hundred from Hamilton hopefully later on today.

The Treasurer

Initial allocation now sold out

more tickets due

Looks like they are either opening up the gazebo or giving us a section of the main stand.

Either way, it's good that the stand behind the goals is sold out.

SwindonJambo

anyone now of any boozers nearby the ground or train station?

There are a couple by the Mini Roundabout at Peacock Cross - turn right as you leave the Station and head for the big Junction.  The Academical Vault is in an old Trackside type building and there's another one on the corner on the other side of the Junction. 

Tickets sold out!!

Hearts waiting on Hamilton getting back to them tomorrow regarding a further 500 tickets, as per ticket office.

Tickets sold out!!

Hearts waiting on Hamilton getting back to them tomorrow regarding a further 500 tickets, as per ticket office.

:pleasing:

Hopefully get an atmosphere like County away, was a cracking day.

HEARTS FOREVER

Hamilton have gave Hearts extra tickets now and they have went on sale this morning.

They are going fast.

Rudi Hates Hibees

Hamilton have gave Hearts extra tickets now and they have went on sale this morning.

They are going fast.

Is that for the small stand down the side or have we already sold that?

Is that for the small stand down the side or have we already sold that?

Yeah that is for the temp East stand.

So around 2,000 in the North Stand now sold out and potentially another 500 in the East Stand. We will certainly outnumber the home support on Sat. Mon the Famous!

We_are_the_Hearts

Our first real test of the season IMO.  Come out of this with 3 points and we should rightly be cheesing.

You rate Hamilton higher than Dundee and Ross County? I don't

Our first real test of the season IMO.  Come out of this with 3 points and we should rightly be cheesing.

Dundee away was a hard game to be fair.

oh ah grantona

You rate Hamilton higher than Dundee and Ross County? I don't

Not Dundee away but just as tough plus the United 4-0 drubbing makes u think its a good test.

Any team with Nade up top shouldn't scare us tho but as always we need to work hard

We_are_the_Hearts

Not Dundee away but just as tough plus the United 4-0 drubbing makes u think its a good test.

Any team with Nade up top shouldn't scare us tho but as always we need to work hard

They also drew with Partick 0-0 after Partick had a man sent off after 30 mins, got beat 2-0 from Ross County and beat 2-1 from Raith.

We take our A game there and no ridiculous decisions from Willie Cockend then we should have too much for them

Utd are a poor side though. They have lost their best players and will struggle to even finish in the top 6 this season.

Hopefully our pal Willie Collum gives us a break for once. Thats my real concern going into this match.

Swimmer_Jambo

Just bought a ticket and selected the collect option instead of the print ticket option. Is there anyway of changing the mistake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a ticket and selected the collect option instead of the print ticket option. Is there anyway of changing the mistake?

I dont think you cant print your own ticket for away games.

Will there be a further allocation after we sell out?

No, we have just been given a further allocation this morning of 500 tickets.

Au contraire. Every game so far has been a real test. Even Forfar turned out to be a real test.

Someone else said it. As long as we bring the A game to this, we should have too much for them

The real REAL tests are a few weeks away yet.

Gonna be a great away support. We beat them at Oban and we'll beat them again on Saturday. :2thumbsup:

I did this too. Found out you can't print the tickets for away games. Just phone the ticket office and they will send your tickets out recorded delivery so you get them tomorrow. Cost about 7 quid for this option.

highlandjambo3

I will not know if I can attend the game until about 10am Saturday and, I will at that point be in renfrew so, if anyone has a last minute ticket up for grabs can you send me a txt and I will buy it from you............07936 198595

Thanks in advance

HJ3

No, we have just been given a further allocation this morning of 500 tickets.

I understand this. 

Hamilton sometimes make half their main stand available alongside the temporary stand and the stand behind the goals. My question was, if (when) the extra 500 tickets sell out will half the main stand be allocated?

Archived