Rumour control!

Mick Belker

Mick Belker

Hearts FC

A source within Tynecastle has informed me that Vladimir Romanov has held discussions with Skonto Riga coach Paul Ashworth about becoming the new manager. Ashworth is a 38 year old Englishman who has been managing in the Baltics for the last six years, while also having a short spell at Russian side Rostov as Director of Football and manager. Ashworth who never played professionally, wants an opportunity of managing in the UK and the fact he speaks fluent Russian does his chances no harm. The source also said that Ashworth is meeting Romanov again in Lithuania during the first week of June.

Probably no truth in it but i thought i should pass it on!

I'll get ma coat

This was cut and pasted from football rumours

Walter Kidd

That sounds about right actually. Better than the rumour I heard over the last few days that it was going to be Bobby Williamson.

duckandcover
Hearts FC

A source within Tynecastle has informed me that Vladimir Romanov has held discussions with Skonto Riga coach Paul Ashworth about becoming the new manager. Ashworth is a 38 year old Englishman who has been managing in the Baltics for the last six years, while also having a short spell at Russian side Rostov as Director of Football and manager. Ashworth who never played professionally, wants an opportunity of managing in the UK and the fact he speaks fluent Russian does his chances no harm. The source also said that Ashworth is meeting Romanov again in Lithuania during the first week of June.

I'll get ma coat

It really wouldnae surprise me if we get someone like him, that nobodys ever heard of.

Denny Crane

Ah well. I can still remember the "Arsene who?" comments 12 years ago when Arsenal brought in some French bloke. Wonder how he got on.......... ;)

Let's not be quick to dismiss this chap from Latvia as some sort of diddy before he's even started as he could be an unearthed jewel. (assuming he gets the Hearts post of course)

I do not believe it, but just because we have never heard of him, it does not mean he would be bad if it was true.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

It rings true to many who are fearing another "Rix" moment.

Quite possible and quite terrifying...

Nelly Terraces

One coming in from the blindside?

Perfectly believable, and certainly no more unlikely than any of the other names being punted around at the moment. In fact I'm willing to say here and now....

Welcome Paul, just do the hobos a new one for starters and we'll all be happy!

Mick Belker
That sounds about right actually. Better than the rumour I heard over the last few days that it was going to be Bobby Williamson.

Perish the thought. The Hubs would have field day!

colinmaroon
It rings true to many who are fearing another "Rix" moment.

Quite possible and quite terrifying...

Or another Gary Johnson moment!

Mick Belker
It really wouldnae surprise me if we get someone like him, that nobodys ever heard of.

Hope it's a load of sheight. He probably hasn't got the experience. How would he fair against the likes of Walter Smith and Mark McGhee? I think we need some one with more of track record and i 'm not bothered if he speaks Russian or not cause he (the new guy) will be calling the shots. Might be an Idea for Vlad to learn english so he can find out whats happening. LOL

Ashworth who never played professionally

Never played Football!!!!!!

Well he will fit in with most of the squad then ;)

Captain Canada

Interesting, you just never know with Vlad. Now that the story is out though he'll probably go for another unknown

jack D and coke

Sounds about right to me. Wont have to pay him very much and because he's looking for a pop at the british game he could easily be influenced shall we say. Much more believable imo than mcghee/davies/jeffries/levein etc. I think vlad would've done everything in his power to make mcghee have doubts and could therefore turn round and say he never wanted it. There are two chances he will relinquish his say on football matters, nae chance and absolutely nae chance. Face it we're goin to either have someone walk within months or be sacked or we're gettin a nobody.

Hearts FC

I'll get ma coat

LOL He ticks all Vlad's boxes and Vlad can carry on picking the team while this bloke dispenses words of wisdom in Russian.

Brilliant.

Let's have 'im.:wacko:

HEARTS FOREVER
Hearts FC

I'll get ma coat

Get me a gun.

right now I'd take him. Admitadly never heard of him but Skonto Riga are a relatively big club. Might be worth a shot. Least hes brittish but at the same time ticks vlads boxes.

anyone got anymore info on him?

Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger had very short playing careers at minor clubs and went on to become successful coaches, and Arrigo Sacchi was a shoe salesman and never played football at any decent level and he did all right.

Seems much more plausible than any of the Gullitt / Keegan rubbish we've had in years gone by.

Archived