anyone work in HR?

neilnunb

help required please! :)

basically, I am applying for a new post and filling out an application form for the first time in years. I have been in my current post almost 11 years.

Now work experience......how far back should I go? I've listed my 2 previous temp posts before my current one which take me back to Feb 96 and before that I was on a HND course. I mean, do I really need to go back 15 years or so???

:S

god, I bloody hate these things! :D

thanks in advance :)

The Future's Maroon

Depending on what type of job you are going for mate?

If its in the financial industry - you must go back ten years IF you have worked in the finacial industry before (dont know why)......I'd just go back as far as you can....more info the better!

I dont work in HR, but going by a Lloyds app form I filled in a while back...that was what it told me?

If your still unsure, just call the company who sent the pack (contact number should be provided) and they will advise.

p.s. good luck!

that's what I was kind of thinking so I may just go with that.

I mean, I don't want to be getting writer's cramp!

ta! :)

I P Knightley

The correct answer to the thread title is "no."

No one works in HR. They sit around dreaming up ways to make it seem to the outside world like they are working.

Advice, though, Neil is to try to expand on your 11 years. I'm sure it's not doing the same thing at the same level repetitively for the whole 11 years so try to break it down into different sets of responsibility, showing that you have extensive and varied experience.

I went through job applications after being with my previous employer for more than 15 years and managed to break that down into 5 sets of 3 years. Put it in reverse order so that the most recent and, presumably most relevant, appears first.

Good luck.

Advice, though, Neil is to try to expand on your 11 years. I'm sure it's not doing the same thing at the same level repetitively for the whole 11 years so try to break it down into different sets of responsibility, showing that you have extensive and varied experience.

sadly, on the whole it has! My current post has very much become a comfort zone, which is kinda of why I am looking elsewhere......as much as its hard to give up :D

I'm not so bothered about this post I'm applying for, although it'd be nice enough, its really about getting in the swing of things again :compute:

Thanks though :)

I P Knightley

Had a 45 minute presentation from one of the HR team this afternoon.

Nice chebs but that's about it.

chester copperpot

Dont work in HR, but have done hundreds of interviews over the years to appreciate a good C.V.

I'd list back to 5 years max, but if you've only been in the same job for 11 years, then it may be good to add a couple in if your job's nothing to do with the one you've applied for.

I'd be more inclined to advise you to look at the job description of the job you're applying for, and try find aspects of your current role you could meat up a bit to make your C.V sound that you've done the job for years.

Thats the best piece of advice I can give you.

Good luck.

Maroon Mayhem
Had a 45 minute presentation from one of the HR team this afternoon.

Nice chebs but that's about it.

HR girls are the ones too ugly to get into marketing.........

Archived