U20 v Killie @ Ochilview

Forza Cuore

7.30 ko tonight ?3 Adults u16 free.

Going to head up. Think any first team squad players will get a run out?

We_are_the_Hearts

7.30 ko tonight ?3 Adults u16 free.

Going to head up. Think any first team squad players will get a run out?

Would imagine McHattie, McGhee, Anderson, McKirdy and Oliver will play.

disgruntledfan

Would imagine McHattie, McGhee, Anderson, McKirdy and Oliver will play.

Probably Hamilton and Smith as well, be a strong team we put out but Killie always field quite a strong 20s team as well

so should make for a good game.

Any particular reason these games are played at Stenhousemuir?

I'm not sure, email I got today says;

Hearts U20s host Kilmarnock this evening in the Wee Jambos? first match at their new home of Ochilview.

Jack Ross? side will play all home games at Stenhousemuir this season and they welcome Killie tonight, kick-off 7.30pm with entry ?3 for adults and U16s go free.

All gate monies will be split 50-50 between Stenhousemuir and HYDC (Hearts Youth Development Committee).

I wrote to the CEO at Stenhousemuir after their vote in the Newco debacle. Said I would not darken their door again. That's put an end to my occasional visits to watch the U20s.

Jambof3tornado

I wrote to the CEO at Stenhousemuir after their vote in the Newco debacle. Said I would not darken their door again. That's put an end to my occasional visits to watch the U20s.

I'm sure they are devastated by the loss of your custom.

I applaud your stance though.

Any particular reason these games are played at Stenhousemuir?

Potentially to tie in with the 3 training centre's we're starting in Forth Valley?

Getintaethem

Potentially to tie in with the 3 training centre's we're starting in Forth Valley?

More info if you have it please. I know CL is in the process of setting up regional centres but haven't heard anything more.

PresidentGrant

If Rooney's the same guy there was an article on here about him a while back, and he's already played a fair bit first team football for Queens Park IIRC.

Footballfirst

If Rooney's the same guy there was an article on here about him a while back, and he's already played a fair bit first team football for Queens Park IIRC.

He's another big lad. Over 6 feet by the looks of him.

Footballfirst

Rooney or Smith on the wing? They're both right backs I'm sure

By their numbers Liam Smith (7) will be playing further forward.

Footballfirst

Started brightly with efforts from McHattie McGhee and Zanatta but Killie is getting more into the game in the last 10 minutes.

Started brightly with efforts from McHattie McGhee and Zanatta but Killie is getting more into the game in the last 10 minutes.[/quote

Cheers!

tartofmidlothian

Yeah, theres been chat about him for the last couple of weeks. One of Scotland's best young players according to STV apparently.

Footballfirst

Still even early in the second half. Rooney has hit the bar but Hamilton has made a couple of good saves.

Anderson subbed after 52 mins.

Footballfirst

How does Rooney look at RB?

Bog strong and quick. Good in the air but defending is a bit naive at times.

Bog strong and quick. Good in the air but defending is a bit naive at times.

Sounds like Patterson :lol:

Footballfirst

Both Rooney and McLean have missed good headed chances but Hamilton has just brought off a fine double save.

Not the best I'm afraid.

If he's going to make it at Hearts then he has to start showing up well in these games. Maybe the ability isn't there however.

Hamilton looked really good tonight. 2 left sided players for killie caused problems when they got down the line, their number 7 did alright as well. Nobody apart from Oliver outfield looked worthy of mentioning, big number 14 that came looked uninterested beyond belief to be honest.

Overall thought a draw was about right, Good double save from Hamilton a few good opportunities from headers which should have been taken,Liam Smith was decent and his crosses were dangerous and at least 2 should have been converted. Oliver was busy but didn't get the breaks, McGhee was solid enough, have to see more of JHM but not overly impressed on tonight's showing. Rooney did well enough on his first outing, bit raw !

Anderson looks like he's lacking confidence. Morrison very lively when he came on.

Footballfirst

Hamilton looked really good tonight. 2 left sided players for killie caused problems when they got down the line, their number 7 did alright as well. Nobody apart from Oliver outfield looked worthy of mentioning, big number 14 that came looked uninterested beyond belief to be honest.

I agree with most of your observations, but I didn't think that Oliver stood out at all.  He showed a couple of pieces of skill with his close control but that was about it.  Zanatta had a decent first half, but was constantly doing the back tracking that Anderson should have done.

The defence was decent throughout. Rooney got caught out by their left winger a couple of times, but otherwise was sound.  He looked the part as a centre half when McGhee was pushed forward into a midfield role.  He might have scored too with any of three headers, one in the first half that clipped the top of the bar, then another off the face of the bar in the second, then a close range one when the keeper was fortunate to be in the right place.   JHM managed to avoid any bomb scare moments too.

Liam Smith didn't really look very comfortable in his more advanced role, but put in a couple of great crosses when he dropped back to right back. McKirdy was his usual busy self but was unable to play any telling forward passes.

A nice little cameo from Callumn Morrison at the end too.

Overall about a 6.5 out of 10 performance.

I agree with most of your observations, but I didn't think that Oliver stood out at all. He showed a couple of pieces of skill with his close control but that was about it. Zanatta had a decent first half, but was constantly doing the back tracking that Anderson should have done.

The defence was decent throughout. Rooney got caught out by their left winger a couple of times, but otherwise was sound. He looked the part as a centre half when McGhee was pushed forward into a midfield role. He might have scored too with any of three headers, one in the first half that clipped the top of the bar, then another off the face of the bar in the second, then a close range one when the keeper was fortunate to be in the right place. JHM managed to avoid any bomb scare moments too.

Liam Smith didn't really look very comfortable in his more advanced role, but put in a couple of great crosses when he dropped back to right back. McKirdy was his usual busy self but was unable to play any telling forward passes.

A nice little cameo from Callumn Morrison at the end too.

Overall about a 6.5 out of 10 performance.

Maybe stood out wasn't the best thing to say, but if anything was going to happen it would have been from him and him alone.

Archived