Indiana Jones movie

Walter Bishop

Went to see it a few days ago. I'm glad as it sticks very much to the formula of the original movies...glad it didn't try to change with the times or anything.

It is certainly more aimed at the younger audiences, but it has enough for everyone. Thought the storyline was pretty basic and random, but still found it enjoyable as it was another dose of Indiana Jones (which i loved way back when).

Stewart MacD

I saw it on Monday and enjoyed it. Unlike the "Pirates" sequels, it still appeared fresh. A good dose of escapism.

It was good...but too far, I mean, flying saucers buried underneath pyramids??????

It was good...but too far, I mean, flying saucers buried underneath pyramids??????

Where else the meant to park them, it's not as if they had garages in those days :rolleyes:

I quite enjoyed most of it. The gash bits were....

That sidekick bellend swinging through the trees like tarzan.

The aliens.

The flying saucer.

The marriage.

The "son".

Basically the last half hour was drivvel.

I feel that it was appealing to a much younger audience than the other indiana films. Still the action was amazing and the effects were pretty good too.

rossi_1983

Thought it was crap, and I would class the original trilogy as being in the top 3 trilogies of all time!

Aliens

Surviving a nuclear explosion in a fridge

The son

No Brodie or Henry, and replacing them with totally pointless characters

:mad:

I am thinking I should get some hypnotherapy to block out all memories of it!

congratulations, the lot of you, for ruining it for anyone who's not seen it yet:rolleyes:

rossi_1983
congratulations, the lot of you, for ruining it for anyone who's not seen it yet:rolleyes:

That's the risk you take when reading a thread about a movie!!!:P

Look on the bright side, we saved you wasting ?6.50

I quite enjoyed most of it. The gash bits were....

That sidekick bellend swinging through the trees like tarzan.

The aliens.

The flying saucer.

The marriage.

The "son".

Basically the last half hour was drivvel.

I feel that it was appealing to a much younger audience than the other indiana films. Still the action was amazing and the effects were pretty good too.

Couldn't agree more.....last half hour ruined it!!

HMFCjamieHMFC
Thought it was crap, and I would class the original trilogy as being in the top 3 trilogies of all time!

Aliens

Surviving a nuclear explosion in a fridge

The son

No Brodie or Henry, and replacing them with totally pointless characters

:mad:

I am thinking I should get some hypnotherapy to block out all memories of it!

The actor who played Brodie is now dead and Sean Connery rejected the offer of being in it

Craig-Section Z

If you haven't seen Titanic yet, it sinks at the end!!

Seen it tonight and thought it was ace.

I had heard mixed reviews but I don't know why. If you didn't like it what were you actually expecting, the sixth sense or something!

For those who question aliens, fridges and the like just remember that in the original trilogy;

there was a knight who had lived in a cave for hundreds of years.

surviving a river of flaming petrol buy staying in an upside down coffin.

jumped out a plane with a dinghy to break the fall.

Top Class Hollywood entertainment.

Spielberg & Ford ruined it by trying to suggest that you can swing through the trees like tarzan & survive a nuclear explosion by hiding in a fridge.

I happen to believe their may just be UFOs buried under lost cities of gols waiting for the return of a crystal skull before flying off to another dimension...

Anything with Shia le Poof in it is bound to be crap, he is the hallmark of a **** film. No idea why this guy is seen as some bright light, he's dire.

Ivan Drago
Anything with Shia le Poof in it is bound to be crap, he is the hallmark of a **** film. No idea why this guy is seen as some bright light, he's dire.

saved me typing.

Indiana Jones should have been left untouched, yet another franchise destroyed be Lucas/Spielberg.

cocks, the lot of them.

Skacel's left boot

I think Empire's 4 star review was pretty spot on to be honest. If you think back to the original films there was always some kind of ridiculous Hocus Pocus like the Ark and the Holy Grail etc etc! The alien plot was along the same lines. You just have to get into the story and lose yourself. That was whole point of Indiana Jones.

Stuck by the formula though. Crazy start - back to college - more craziness.

Bit of a shame that John Hurt was totally hamstrung by his character. No license to shine, he could have replaced Marcus Brody as the semi straight guy. Ford looked great for a 65 year old!

And I like Shia LeBouf, thought he done well. remeber shortround in Temple of Doom? Now that WAS an annoying sidekick!

andy1874hmfc

i thought the ending was very poor i mean a flying saucer under a pyramid

Skacel's left boot
Seen it tonight and thought it was ace.

I had heard mixed reviews but I don't know why. If you didn't like it what were you actually expecting, the sixth sense or something!

For those who question aliens, fridges and the like just remember that in the original trilogy;

there was a knight who had lived in a cave for hundreds of years.

surviving a river of flaming petrol buy staying in an upside down coffin.

jumped out a plane with a dinghy to break the fall.

Top Class Hollywood entertainment.

Couldn't agree more! Good post!

Jambojohnnyboy

I loved the 1st three movies but I just couldn't get into this one at all. I think the gap of nearly 20 years in making it didn't help matters

Perhaps a second viewing might be required.

Rocky, Rambo, Indy next Axel Foley, what's next Chuck Bronson's ghost in Death Wish 6!

I enjoyed it, new it would be nonscence before i went so who cares, i was entertained (which is more than can be said for somethings in the past 10 months)

marshallschunkychicken

I thought the hermaphrodite alien love sub-plot was a step too far....

Archived