Walker not Starting

CostaJambo

Does anyone else think that since Walker appears to be the most likely of the youngsters to go for a big transfer fee soon then we should be playing him every week? Can't see anything it will do for his value him sat on the bench.

kylelauren01

Walker had a knock last night and wasn't risked. It's called being sensible and not risking a long term injury/absence.

Getintaethem

Rested midweek, will start on Saturday IMO. I don't think we are interested in any offers for our players atm, and think it would take big money for any of them to go.

Neilson said he was changing the team around on Tuesday. I knew Walker wouldn't start and King and Nicholson would.

Some boy behind me last night kept shouting the whole game that it was disgraceful we didn't start Walker and Juanma.

portobellojambo1

Does anyone else think that since Walker appears to be the most likely of the youngsters to go for a big transfer fee soon then we should be playing him every week? Can't see anything it will do for his value him sat on the bench.

No, we have to make selections based on how our coaching staff see the upcoming games, taking into account the fitness situation with any given player(s). If a club want Jamie they will know what he can do already, but I think Jamie Walker will be with us for at least the remainder of this season anyway and don't expect an acceptable bid to be received

Sepp's Bladder

Does anyone else think that since Walker appears to be the most likely of the youngsters to go for a big transfer fee soon then we should be playing him every week? Can't see anything it will do for his value him sat on the bench.

Hes not likely to leave this window. Meaning the best way forward on all counts is to keep him fresh and on top form. Playing him every game will not do this or be best for his sell on value...

In short, naw. Not at all.

We won 2-0 at home first clean sheet and people still question things?

We were pumping teams on a weekly basis last season and there were still people moaning. Some people are ****ing idiots.

Edit: Costa, I disagree with your OP but I'm not calling you a ****ing idiot. Just the people I had the misfortune to sit beside last season.

FarmerTweedy

Yes, we should definitely base team selections primarily on the possibility of other clubs making bids for our players, rather than on the form and fitness of our players, and relative strengths and weaknesses of our opponents!

Finlay James

I think RN knows what he is doing re team selection, he made it clear that no one would play 40 games this season hence why we have a squad

Seymour M Hersh

It's a long season and it's also been a frenetic start with LC games and league games. Being in a position to rest players will hopefully avoid some injuries that would possibly have occurred by playing people every single game. What is extra pleasing for me about Wednesday is the players who came in stepped up to the plate and performed well. Another important factor over the marathon which is the league season. 

The laddie is class would love to know how long Jamie, sam & callim are contracted till , all of them should be pushing for a place in the scotland squad soon I reckon

FFS, Walker could hardly run when he was warming up on Wednesday. Didn't look like he should have been on bench never mind starting!

letsalllaughathobos

Walker is one of the most over rated hearts players ever,

Fsome folks seem to Lord over him like he's messi,

The lad is decent but won't be gaurenteed a place same as every player at the club,

They all will play there part but nobody is a gaurentee

We_are_the_Hearts

The lad is decent but won't be gaurenteed a place same as every player at the club,

Oh dear

Rudolf's Mate

You say the lad is decent yet say he's one of the most over rated Hearts players ever :facepalm:

Some of the most over rated players hardly kick a ball for us or didn't even perform yet he's been branded worse than them!

Hahaha, not one person agrees! Just confirms that I look at business very differently than most people, not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Btw I didn't realise he was carrying an injury on Wednesday. Lets see how often he starts when fully fit and see if I am the only one right or if everybody else is.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Hahaha, not one person agrees! Just confirms that I look at business very differently than most people, not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Btw I didn't realise he was carrying an injury on Wednesday. Lets see how often he starts when fully fit and see if I am the only one right or if everybody else is.

It's a shite way to look at football, not business.

No, he's really not.

If we were trying to maximise his value the worst thing you could do is play him when he's not fit.

In reality we are trying to win games and that is going to involve rotating our attacking players so that they are all fresh and firing.

Walker is a good player, I happen to thing Billy King is a bit better, Sammy is a little bit behind the two of them but theres not a lot in it. If Robbie picks any two from three he won't go far wrong.

So you admit then not really being up to speed and then putting 2 and 2 togther and getting it very very wrong!??

Awful post from the word go...he could go tomorrow and your post still would hold no weight...

He is one of our top assets and we will accept a bid at anytime if a club matches what Craig and Robbie value him at...that could be next week, next year or never never...no different to anyone else on the playing pay roll at the Hearts...

...and again Robbie has stated on countless occasions that he will mix it up as he see's fit...so even if he wasnt injured you cant speculate wildly everytime a player sits it out....seriously man....

Guarantee!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The boy is a tremendous talent.

it can't only be Sam and Billy dropped for one-another every week though.  Jamie is without question the one playing with most ability atm but can't expect him a starter every game

Will we have to start a thread like this after every game for whoever is moved to the bench? Robbie has stated that there'll be squad rotation therefore someone's gonna be left out and disappointed.

Seem to recall Robbie saying that we "have a squad" which is why he swaps things round to best suit the team we are playing, rest players, cope with injuries & suspensions. I think theres probably only 4 players that are guaranteed in the starting 11 every week if they are fit.

Alexander

Paterson

Ozturk

Augustyn

The rest get changed to suit.

No big deal Walker did not start. He probably will today.

Archived