Walrus

Pants Shaton

It's good to see the club doing proper market research.

There are a lot of simpletons in our support and they're being well catered for.

Brilliant to see one of the finest athletes to have ever graced the sport of wrestling come to tynecastle. We've had medal winners be paraded at half time but this is genuinely massive and a huge honour.

Hopefully he'll managed a cheeky 5-1 at some point.

It's true!

:lol:

It's DAMN true!

Pretty awesome I would love to hear some of his stories. He will probably be quite cautious with his old WWE stories though. He is planning on retiring in a year or so and is trying to work a deal to wrestle one final match in WWE. Sort of retirement match that Flair, Michaels etc have done in recent times. So he will want to keep on their good side as much as possible.

Ron Burgundy

There are a lot of simpletons in our support and they're being well catered for.

Ha ha :2thumbsup:

Marooned In Oz

:qqb006::spoton:

:gok::greatpost::yas:

Brilliant to see one of the finest athletes to have ever graced the sport of wrestling come to tynecastle. We've had medal winners be paraded at half time but this is genuinely massive and a huge honour.

:lol: stop showing off in front of your mates it's see through and embarrassing.

:lol: stop showing off in front of your mates it's see through and embarrassing.

The man won olympic gold. Maybe you don't respect that.

Really quite intrigued by this.  Not so much to hear about the WWE days and subsequent TNA stuff.  IMO that is pretty much all nonsense and not very interesting (apologies to all the members of JKBs thriving subculture of sports entertainment aficionados, of whom there are many).  

I'd much rather hear about his experiences of the Foxcatcher Wrestling Academy, the Schultz brothers and the amazingly bonkers John duPont.  

I'm sure Chris Hoy will be proud that another gold medal winning Olympian and sports icon will be gracing Tynecastle.

People still pretending wrestling(wwe etc) is a sport?

Assume everyone sighting his Olympic background were fans of his before he was in WWE?

People still pretending wrestling(wwe etc) is a sport?

Assume everyone sighting his Olympic background were fans of his before he was in WWE?

You seem awfully keen to have people not enjoy something.

People admire Kurt for his many sporting achievements. You may or may not, but there's no need to try and deny folk something harmless that they enjoy.

Unknown user

Hearts related Shirley?

As Hearts related as any sales conferences, rugby league games etc which are being held at Tynie imo

Shed fodder Shirley

Sadly I can't make the night but if you guys go be sure and ask him about the incident with Bob Holly at the Royal Rumble a few years back!

Great guy and will be a good night and of course Hearts will make money from it which is the most important thing.

Bert Le Clos

People admire Kurt for his many sporting achievements. You may or may not, but there's no need to try and deny folk something harmless that they enjoy.

Neither here nor there on it to be honest. Certainly not going to have a pop at fans of his who think this is a good thing, but by the same note just because you're a fan of his doesn't mean you can force the "it's a huge honour" line on people who don't give a toss about wrestling.

It's not a huge honour in my opinion to have him at Tynecastle. Just like it wouldn't be a huge honour to have a Olympic gold medalist in walking, curling or shooting pitch up for a Q&A.

Too many people getting way too worked up on both sides of this argument :lol: Hope any Hearts fans who go to see it enjoy it though.

the stone rose

As Hearts related as any sales conferences, rugby league games etc which are being held at Tynie imo

Shed fodder Shirley

Agreed, shed.

Not at all, don't see where I said that? Each to their own.

Just isn't a sport, if you enjoy it, then good, makes no difference to me. Just find it weird that when challenged wrestling fans point to the Olympic part, when for the vast majority, they would never have heard of him had he not been in WWE.

How that translates into me being keen not to have people enjoy themselves I'm not quite sure.

We've had Ric Flair, we've got Ted Dibiase coming next week, and now Kurt.

Hearts doing a great job of catering for their pro-wrestling fanbase.

So.....

I'm I the only person who will be fighting the urge to chant "you suck" when he comes out?

Loved the guy back in the day.

Plus genuine Olympian.

He sells a few tickets, folk who know who he is enjoy it. Where's the harm?

Agreed, shed.

Think a big part of the posting is done in the terrace. Seems a bit daft for Hearts to lose out on money by moving it to the shed.

I'm away on business so can't make it but hope it's a great night.

Neither here nor there on it to be honest. Certainly not going to have a pop at fans of his who think this is a good thing, but by the same note just because you're a fan of his doesn't mean you can force the "it's a huge honour" line on people who don't give a toss about wrestling.

It's not a huge honour in my opinion to have him at Tynecastle. Just like it wouldn't be a huge honour to have a Olympic gold medalist in walking, curling or shooting pitch up for a Q&A.

Too many people getting way too worked up on both sides of this argument :lol: Hope any Hearts fans who go to see it enjoy it though.

I think its an honour, you don't.

I don't mind letting you have an opinion on it. Others seem keen to not let others like the stuff they like. That, to me is a lot sadder than liking wrestlin.

Liking this from the club. Rather than just holding events aimed entirely at our own support, we are aiming to a potentially wider audience and putting Tynecastle on the map a wee bit more.

Sure it's in our stadium and advertised by the club, but I guarantee there'll be loads of non Hearts supporters there.

Not a fan of wrestling myself but still think this will go down a treat.

Archived