Official Dundee vs Heart of Midlothian MatchDay thread.

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore

New forum user but on the other forums I view and last weekend I noticed that the matchday thread is used everytime we play.

Thought i'd get in there and start this one as i'm feeling lucky.

What's the score going to be? 

Will Juwon Oshaniwa start?

So many questions, and i'm looking forward to finding out the answers.

I'd personally go with the same team that started last week, Sow and Juanma should be far too good for James McPake and whatever other dummy plays beside him.

The only prediction I'm willing to make is that Tartofmidlothian will be a seething mess when he/she see's this thread.

The only prediction I'm willing to make is that Tartofmidlothian will be a seething mess when he/she see's this thread.

Yup.

Ryan Jarman

:spoton: 

jol-seething-o.gif

Anyway - another cracking high scoring game this weekend. 3-2 win (Juanma x2 And Walker) 

GODISGOOD

magicjohnston

A terrible lack of stars in the thread title, I'm out.

P.s. 3-2 hearts, morgaro Gomis wonder strike from 25 yards...

the jambo poet

I hope you are feeling lucky - the Tart'll no be happy!

2-3 hearts.

Juanma, Sow and Nicholson

royal navy hearts man

I'd like to think our defence has learned its mistakes from last week, we will get stronger as the weeks go on at the back. I'm going for a 2-1 victory, Juanma x2. The team line up will be interesting though !

KineticBeat

Should be a really interesting game. Gutted I can't make it. I see it being another goal-fest as most people do. Head says 2-2 my heart says 3-2. 

Don't think Oshinawa will start but he will come on for 30 mins before starting against Motherwell!

mickycameron98

With a bit more composure at the back we could win this one, however I would be happy to come back down the road with a point. Going to be optimistic though and say 1-0 paterson.

The Internet

A win would be a huge boost, Dundee look a good side this year well capable of challenging for third so would be good to lay down a marker there. A draw wouldn't be a terrible result though, going for 2-2. 

August Landmesser

***3-1 Hearts, Juanma, Walker & Paterson, Juwon to get final 20mins or so***

Dalstonjambo

Oh no. This is a bad omen for me. I hope tart comes on to save the day with the true official match thread

The People's Chimp

New forum user but on the other forums I view and last weekend I noticed that the matchday thread is used everytime we play.

Thought i'd get in there and start this one as i'm feeling lucky.

What's the score going to be? 

Will Juwon Oshaniwa start?

So many questions, and i'm looking forward to finding out the answers.

I'd personally go with the same team that started last week, Sow and Juanma should be far too good for James McPake and whatever other dummy plays beside him.

Big game, and a good showing here will lay down a marker for the rest of the season. I've been quietly confident over the summer and I think RN and CL are as well - they know how hard the team have been working. 

Reckon Godisgod will come off the bench, but wouldnt be shocked if he started. 

Juanma to run amok. :pinilla: 

The People's Chimp

Oh no. This is a bad omen for me. I hope tart comes on to save the day with the true official match thread

:cornette: 

2-1 Dundee based on last week's defence

Based on new OP jinxing it, more like.

The People's Chimp

Not one for jokes?

Not one for slagging tartofmidlothian's role in our luck last season tbh, you should have a word. 

Dalstonjambo

Not one for slagging tartofmidlothian's role in our luck last season tbh, you should have a word.

Ha ha. My apologies. I was joking about it being a bad omen, but I think we can all agree tartofmidlothian should be the only one starting these threads.

Sanny Vicious

Dundee 0-3 Hearts

Alexander MoM

With Kenny Anderson grabbing 2 and Mchattie the other?

Private Womble

Based on new OP jinxing it, more like.

:lol: and that. Hope we can get a good result with signs of the defence gelling

This is what happened the last time the clubs met.

Dundee had a comfortable 3-0 win but it was a friendly and, would I be right in saying Hearts are a considerably stronger side since then. Or is it mostly the same personel?

If Hearts new signings are that good that Gavin Reilly isn't being mentioned that much then I'm assuming the other signings must be sensational which is worrying me.

Trouble is, from a Hearts perspective, is that Dundee are considerably stronger and gelled than this time last year, however, Hearts strolled the Championship which is highly impressive since that a hell of a tough league. And even tougher last season with Rangers and Hibs in the mix. So that achievement is even more impressive which is worrying again.

Too many worries.

If all things are pretty even between the sides then Dundee may have an advantage in managers with Paul Hartley.

I've never seen such drive, hunger, determination and almost ferocity in someone's eyes and expression. He looks like the Tazmanian Devil from Bugs Bunny.

Conclusion - toss a coin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-5vOND1mAA#t=13s

Happy Gilmore

Sorry a bit confused about the tart replies? is he the normal creator of threads, have I upset him? Don't mean to step on anyone toes. 

:bomb2:

The People's Chimp

Dundee had a comfortable 3-0 win but it was a friendly and, would I be right in saying Hearts are a considerably stronger side since then. Or is it mostly the same personel?

If Hearts new signings are that good that Gavin Reilly isn't being mentioned that much then I'm assuming the other signings must be sensational which is worrying me.

I see you've mentioned Reilly a few times, you seen much of him? 

I don't get to many games these days. I got very disillusioned during the Bonetti/Mars era after supporters gave so much but got taken for a ride then babies came along ending any spare time.

You still take interest in your own team though and in the competition and Gavin Reilly of QOS IMO is an amazing striker. I was wondering why Hartley didn't chase him.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Trouble is, from a Hearts perspective, is that Dundee are considerably stronger and gelled than this time last year, however, Hearts strolled the Championship which is highly impressive since that a hell of a tough league. And even tougher last season with Rangers and Hibs in the mix. So that achievement is even more impressive which is worrying again.

Too many worries.

If all things are pretty even between the sides then Dundee may have an advantage in managers with Paul Hartley.

I've never seen such drive, hunger, determination and almost ferocity in someone's eyes and expression. He looks like the Tazmanian Devil from Bugs Bunny.

Like your posts. :)

Most of us haven't seen much of Reilly yet either tbh.

On the last showing though, all who played were pretty impressive. For me personally Rossi and Juanma were the pick of the new boys, but Blazej looked like he'd be a tough cookie once settled. Best player overall though for me was Juanma, then Walker and Nicholson. Added to that are our new Nigeria wingback and a Calm Paterson who looks like he's transformed himself.

I only saw a few Dundee highlights last season, but saw enough to recognise SPH has yous moulded in to a very good side.

Did you see much of our last season signings?

I think a lot of people are looking past Gavin Reilly because he came from a wee team in a lower league whereas your big Nigerian man Juwon Oshaniwa playing for the Nigerian National team is mighty impressive but watch Gavin go.

I don't won't take up much more space on a Hearts forum so thanks for having me and the mainly good natured banter and take care and have a great time tomorrow no matter the result.

Too many worries.

I was disappointed we didn't go for Hartley when we appointed Locke so I reckon you've got a very good manager. However Neilson is probably the best young head coach in Scotland - he's still learning but he has the support of Levein, who despite a couple of fails elsewhere has always excelled in Scottish club football.

I think we're getting you guys just a bit early to be honest. Our defence has had one game together and half the team haven't had a proper pre-season.

So it will be a struggle for us to win, however, if we click in attack tomorrow every chance of a high scoring game.

Impossible to predict but I'd be surprised if we won (confident as I am that we have very good team which will prove that over the season) and I'd take a point now as long as we don't play for a point....

I'll gratefully take any win as long as Walker and Paterson don't score for us. Sure you'll know why!

Normally always a half glass full type of person, but see us conceding chance after chance again.

So sadly see it being 3-1 to Dundee (if we play like last week), the bright side will be a wake up call for our defense and rather timid midfield.

Hoping to be wrong with Alexander, CP, Augustyn, Big Oz, ?another being on fire.

Even with a slack midfield if the centre backs pick up their man we are in with a chance & vice versa ( we cannot have 60% of the team off the boil like last week)

If we play to our capabilities 3-1 Hearts.

It shall be an interesting game with two Hearts legends, both cup winners and young managers fighting it out - be watching closely for tactical changes more this week than any other, many have quoted interest in Sir Paul being a Hearts manager at some point myself included.

I would guarantee it will be end to end stuff, with tart Pissed she/he missed possibly one of the games of the season :D

I'll gratefully take any win as long as Walker and Paterson don't score for us. Sure you'll know why!

Lost me on that one.

Bert Le Clos

Hearts > Dundee

2-1 Hearts.

Happy Gilmore > tartofmidlothian

Never liked all those asterisks anyway.

:jjyay:

Fairly sure Tart will be more pee'd off at you lot calling her a guy than the fact someone else started a thread :lol:

Would like to see big Juwon get a run out, don't expect him to start though.  I reckon 3-1 with Juanma getting a brace.

Fairly sure Tart will be more pee'd off at you lot calling her a guy than the fact someone else started a thread :lol:

Would like to see big Juwon get a run out, don't expect him to start though. I reckon 3-1 with Juanma getting a brace.

Tarts a bursd?

I did not know this :lol:

Sorry a bit confused about the tart replies? is he the normal creator of threads, have I upset him? Don't mean to step on anyone toes.

:bomb2:

He/she usually starts them, but it's not a mandatory thing. A bit of variety never hurt anyone.

Hoping to see GODISGOD tomorrow, but Robbie has said he's unlikely to start. Reckon we'll see him in the home kit on Wednesday night instead :jjyay:

Too many worries.

Sorry to change subject but what's the feeling from Dee fans re charging kids ?15 to sit in the away end. (Not the home end btw).

Lost me on that one.

Probably so no1 snaps them up big man, Personally would love them to score can tell other to f off later on.

Archived