The Shield - Best Programme on Tv

Rawrrrrrrr

Rawrrrrrrr

Just finished rewatching the last season (season 6) on DVD, this has to be without a doubt one of the best and most underrated american imports

Suffered for being hidden away on crappy 5

Final season starts in september, cannot wait to see how it all ends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIGPTI-znt0

Jimmy McNulty

Awesome show. Missed chunks of season 5 (was this the season Vic fins out Shane killed Lem?).

Gonna rent on DVD at some point and make a weekend of it.

Rawrrrrrrr
Awesome show. Missed chunks of season 5 (was this the season Vic fins out Shane killed Lem?).

Gonna rent on DVD at some point and make a weekend of it.

Was season 6

He killed him at the end of season 5

Season 6 was not the best season compared to earlier ones such as season 5, although still miles above anything else,but you can tell that was because they were trying to build it up to a massive end for the final season

Disco Dave

Whilst I agree that the Shield is one of the best shows on TV, The Wire beats all rivals by a country mile (well maybe just ahead of The Sopranos).

Big fan of the shield - cannot wait till the next season starts....also just finished watching the first (and only) series of The Black Donnellys on DVD, was very good, so would reccomend that to fans of shows such as the shield, sopranos etc.

PolitiCon06

The Wire is the greatest TV show of all time. For anyone who loves The Shield, I would strongly recommend The Wire.

I started out watching The Shield about 4 years ago and everyone on IMDB kept saying The Wire was as good, if not better. I was sceptical but bought Series One on DVD and never looked back. It is the most realistic, intense and rewarding TV series I have ever watched. Honestly, nothing even comes close.

Nowadays I can hardly watch The Shield, I still think it's a good show but it's like comparing Lord of The Rings with the Golden Compass. The Shield is fine, but it's a holywood show. The Wire is a sprawling multi-threaded TV epic with over 40 main characters that drop in and out of each series. I admit it's not for everyone, but I challenge anyone to watch the entire first series and not find themself begging for more.

Jimmy McNulty

Search for a thread on the wire that we had going a couple of months ago.

I posed one of the best scenes of all time -- the lie detector test!!!

(search for Wire and Lie detector on Youtube -- can't be arsed finding it again myself).

Whilst I agree that the Shield is one of the best shows on TV, The Wire beats all rivals by a country mile (well maybe just ahead of The Sopranos).

Just finished watching the first season of The Wire. It is excellent, but I'd say The Sopranos is probably still slightly better.

Old Pivotonian
Just finished watching the first season of The Wire. It is excellent, but I'd say The Sopranos is probably still slightly better.

The Wire is magnificent. Different to, but arguably better than The Sopranos.

Maybe that is why the person on here that I loaned Season 1 to hasn't returned it.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Sorry but nothing is or will be better than The Sopranos.

End of.

End off.

FACT.

Spot on.

100% agree.

The Wire is magnificent. Different to, but arguably better than The Sopranos.

Maybe that is why the person on here that I loaned Season 1 to hasn't returned it.

Wisnae me.

I'm still getting through your Sound of Music / South Pacific / West Side Story trilogy.

Excellent choice and thank you. :cool:

Old Pivotonian
Wisnae me.

I'm still getting through your Sound of Music / South Pacific / West Side Story trilogy.

Excellent choice and thank you. :cool:

I can see you running across the alps with a wimple on singing your heart out.

Or secured by strings and singing..

'Soon her mama with a gleaming gloat....'

etc.

Corstojohn
Big fan of the shield - cannot wait till the next season starts....also just finished watching the first (and only) series of The Black Donnellys on DVD, was very good, so would reccomend that to fans of shows such as the shield, sopranos etc.

I also really enjoyed The Black Donnellys. Watched it when ITV4 ( or was it 3) showed it wee while back and was looking forward to a new series. Sorry to hear there wont be one.

The Wire is the best TV show I've seen. And I've only seen the first 3 seasons so far. (Spoiler warnings would be appreciated if we're discussing it further) I would have finished it ages ago but I watch it with my girlfriend so I can't stay up all night watching it back to back. Just started Season 4.

Sopranos was good but they should have quit when they were ahead. I remember the creator said he was only going to do 4 seasons but he obviously couldn't resist the money.

I might get into the Shield next. Or maybe Oz.

cosanostra
Sorry but nothing is or will be better than The Sopranos.

End of.

End off.

FACT.

Spot on.

100% agree.

Amen to that.

Sopranos > The Wire > The Shield

Dexter is the ****. Been watching season 1 online and have to say I'm completely hooked.

Disco Dave
Dexter is the ****. Been watching season 1 online and have to say I'm completely hooked.

Season 2 is even better mate.

As for the wire - I thought it was good at first but not on the same page as the sopranos - Only rated the wire better than the sopranos after season 5 - they way evertyhing ties together is amazing.

Archived