Spiritualized - Songs in A & E

bighusref

I had a first listen to this album today.

Now, Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space is a masterpiece, they will NOT beat that. Taking that as a given, this album is superb. Not quite as good as the aforementioned album but very possibly album of the year IMO.

Well, could be that or Portishead!

Anybody else got it, what do they think?

Gigolo-Aunt

Will be purchased as soon as da money is in the bank account come midnight.

Opinions have been split on the Spiritualized forum, but still looking forward to listening to it.

Missed them on Jools Holland a few weeks back.

Interesting that Pierce and Sonic Boom were offered a lot of money recently to play some festivals this year as Spacemen 3 (which they declined)

Not paid much attention to them before now - but listened to this album three/four times and like it - two thumbs up.

scott herbertson

Sorry guys but lazer guided melodies or some of the Spacemen 3 stuff is far far better than songs from a to b and the dull and over-indulgent ladies and gentleman

IMAO

in my arrogant opinion

...and just to prove it here's a link to a youtube version of "Run" from Melodies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp7wh6TS55U

Nelly Terraces

Ladies and Gents' is a bloody masterpiece par excellence Mr Herberston.You may have to spend time at the N. Terraces Corrective Penitentiary for the musical blasphemers for such a statement! L&G... makes me want to cry like a small child when I hear it, it's so touching.

Pity it?s follow up, ?Amazing Grace? was such a dud. A poor imitation.

The latest effort sounds more on the money though, and they sounded superb on Jools Holland the other week.

Having said that, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING pales into musical insignificance to that of Caribou who I saw live at Cab Vol last week, and was utterly blown away by. Dan Speight is an utter genius, If you?ve not heard them, do so kids, you won?t be disappointed at their psychedelic monstrous and beatifically massive sounding tunes.

scott herbertson
Ladies and Gents' is a bloody masterpiece par excellence Mr Herberston.You may have to spend time at the N. Terraces Corrective Penitentiary for the musical blasphemers for such a statement! L&G... makes me want to cry like a small child when I hear it, it's so touching.

The latest effort sounds more on the money though, and they sounded superb on Jools Holland the other week.

Having said that, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING pales into musical insignificance to that of Caribou who I saw live at Cab Vol last week, and was utterly blown away by. Dan Speight is an utter genius, If you?ve not heard them, do so kids, you won?t be disappointed at their psychedelic monstrous and beatifically massive sounding tunes.

Ach ye canny even spell my name right Nelly, how do you expect an old gent like me to trust your musical guidance

I'll check out this Caribou lot.

I caught the Jools Holland perf - thought it was a bit of a return to form as well.

Off to see some bloke called Bon Iver soon - supposed to be the next great thing in folky rootsy stuff

I like Amazing Grace, it's a great "headphone album"

Archived