i tunes help

JWL

Right, I've just put around 2000 songs into my i tunes library. Now when I try to put them on to my iPod it asks me if I wish do download and install a new version of i tunes (1.3 I think), if I download and install this will I lose all my songs out of my i tunes library. Sorry for sounding like a complete arse but tis is what happened last time. Any help appreciated

Installing a new version of itunes should not delete your current library. The latest versio of Itunes is 7 though, not 1.3.

Sorry for sounding like a complete arse

:rolleyes:

No, you shouldn't.

If you did last time, something went wrong. I would suggest the tracks would all still be on the PC even if the new itunes has fecked up and not put them in your library.

No, you shouldn't.

If you did last time, something went wrong. I would suggest the tracks would all still be on the PC even if the new itunes has fecked up and not put them in your library.

Well it's i tunes 1.3 that it is asking me to download and install so you reckon it's defo okay to go ahead.

Well it's i tunes 1.3 that it is asking me to download and install so you reckon it's defo okay to go ahead.

If it happened to you last time then it could quite easily happen again.

If I was you, I would go to the apple site yourself and install version 7.6 here http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Itunes for me has never cleared my library when installing updates.

The latest iTunes version is 7.6.2.9.

Are you sure it's not just a software update for your iPod and not your iTunes?

• 3 weeks later...
Right, I've just put around 2000 songs into my i tunes library. Now when I try to put them on to my iPod it asks me if I wish do download and install a new version of i tunes (1.3 I think), if I download and install this will I lose all my songs out of my i tunes library. Sorry for sounding like a complete arse but tis is what happened last time. Any help appreciated

Did you manage to get this sorted mate? If so, is the iPod working ok?

:mw_tease::4_1_72::mwah::arf:

Oh, did it not work out? :o Sorry to hear that. What happened? :dribble:

blondejamtart

I've just installed the new version of iTunes (7.6?) and haven't lost any of my songs which were on my previous library.

PresidentRomanov
At least I know what I am getting for my birthday at the end of the month now.

Have you got your tracks ready to go on it :sterb147:

Now that's what I call depression - volume 24. :)

Yeah, all the old favourites are ready to go. I suggest you check out your fly fishing thread again.

Archived