IQ test rant!

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

Did one earlier on that appeared at the top of the Terrace and managed to score 136 which would appear to be OK, but not being too bright I thought I,d try a few more "free" tests just to see how things averaged out!

This is where the rant comes in....Why do they allow you to spend time doing these tests (and they are free) only to tell you that you ain,t getting the results without paying them money??? Barstewards, must have too much time on my hands!

:mad:

Commander Harris

most of these online IQ tests are a load of balls. They also tend to be quite generous, to encourage you to pay for a cirtificate etc.

I'd argue the whole concept of IQ testing was flawed, all they measure is your ability to do an IQ test. Is that what intelligence is?

Last online one I did I scored 152, which is not far off Albert Einstein. Utter nonsense. I've probably got an above average IQ but I'm certainly no genius.

On the BBC 'Testing the Nation' IQ test a few years back I scored around 124 - I'm far more inclined to believe that result.

Take any result from an online IQ test with a huge pinch of salt.

Commander Harris
most of these online IQ tests are a load of balls. They also tend to be quite generous, to encourage you to pay for a cirtificate etc.

I'd argue the whole concept of IQ testing was flawed, all they measure is your ability to do an IQ test. Is that what intelligence is?

urgh, hideous. certificate. Don't know why I did that! :o

I P Knightley

It's the accepted norm of a definition of intelligence. The range of brain skills that is tested is very high and, of course, accepted by a vast range of scientists over a long number of years.

Yes, it's possible to argue that there are other skills and abilities that signify intelligence: sentence construction; the ability to come up with an immediate, witty response to a situation; all sorts, really but the IQ test tests for the factors that influence the ability to do all these things.

I wouldn't argue with a proper, scientifically-administered IQ test but I would take any online IQ test as no more than a bit of fun.

Archived