What if?

Norm

Read an interesting fact today.

The meteor that struck Tunguska in Russia in 1908? Equivalent to 1000 Hiroshima bombs?

Apparently, if it had arrived 6 hours earlier, it would have struck the world's largest city at the time. London.

This would have wiped out pretty much everything in an area covering 80 square miles. Millions would have died, a global superpower would have fell to its knees. WWI was 6 years away. Would we have entered? Would it even have happened? It's crazy how much world history could be completely changed by something as little as 6 hours.

Anybody else got any similar, interesting facts like that?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The meteor that struck Tunguska in Russia in 1908? Equivalent to 1000 Hiroshima bombs?

Apparently, if it had arrived 6 hours earlier, it would have struck the world's largest city at the time. London.

This would have wiped out pretty much everything in an area covering 80 square miles. Millions would have died, a global superpower would have fell to its knees. WWI was 6 years away. Would we have entered? Would it even have happened? It's crazy how much world history could be completely changed by something as little as 6 hours.

Not really, no.

Jambof3tornado

London flattened.........oh well.

Its not like they give a shite about anyone outwith the m25!!

Hitler survived a shell strike on a dugout in WW1 because he'd nipped out minutes before it struck. He was gassed and survived. Had he been in the dugout he'd likely have died. Would that have changed the Nazi party's rise to power?

There was also the one about Churchill being knocked down by a taxi in New York in the 1920s (might be early 30s). But if he'd died then Halifax would've likely assumed the Premiership in 1940 and sought a peace deal.

If I never had a tactical w%&k one that date which led to my first ride with my then girlfriend/wife, I would have only lasted seconds and she would have told me to eff off, meaning I was dumped.

If I never had a tactical w%&k one that date which led to my first ride with my then girlfriend/wife, I would have only lasted seconds and she would have told me to eff off, meaning I was dumped.

A tactical wank hahaha quality

You could have just rode her more than once though

You could have just rode her more than once though

I've still not had my second one yet.

Thats not a fact.

Fort Vallance

If Kylie had lived in Muirhouse instead of Australia.                 Nah, it wouldn't have made any difference.

Hitler survived a shell strike on a dugout in WW1 because he'd nipped out minutes before it struck. He was gassed and survived. Had he been in the dugout he'd likely have died. Would that have changed the Nazi party's rise to power?

that's a good one actually- I read that there a planned assassination attempt on Himmler in 1940. It was going to be carried out by a British spy in Denmark - using a long bow and arrow! The meeting was scheduled in Copenhagen and the Spy had a rooftop view of the room but it got cancelled because Himmler fell Ill. Imagine that though ! [emoji1]

Archived