West Brom Getting cold feet??

Rawrrrrrrr

Rawrrrrrrr

Have made the moves of Luke Moore and the korean guy permanent already, made millers permanent in January

Yet still no mention of Bednar

Cant imagine they are rolling in cash even with promotion and have spent about 5 million already this summer

Think we could end up having bednar back or on the open market

Deal runs out end of month, come June it's deid. Good news either way as I'm sure open market will bring in more cash. Though I'm sure they will sort it come the 11th hour.

Read somewhere that his agent wants him to be paid "Premiership" wages.

This is probably the hold up, but wouldn't put it past his agent telling him that other clubs are interested.

Bert Le Clos

If we get a decent manager I still think he could be a very good player for Hearts

If we get a decent manager I still think he could be a very good player for Hearts

I thought he was a good player for Hearts but yet another player our 'management' ****ed off.

He must regret not taking that chance to sock Vlads face.

Era Macaroons

Im sure W Brom will pull out all the stops to keep him as he was so instrumental in their promotion

and if they dont ...cant see him pulling on a Hearts jersey again. He'll be off elsewhere

Would pish myself at Roman having to rely on Vlad to sell him on.

While a lot of what Roman said was true, I'd still be hacked off if I were Romanov with the amount of times he mouthed off about him and would consider the option of putting Bednar to work in the Hearts pie stalls.

Would pish myself at Roman having to rely on Vlad to sell him on.

While a lot of what Roman said was true, I'd still be hacked off if I were Romanov with the amount of times he mouthed off about him and would consider the option of putting Bednar to work in the Hearts pie stalls.

Really don't understand peoples problem with Bednar.

Romanov is petty enough to do what you said anyway, he'd rather the club suffered by not playing a good player than admitting he was wrong.

marshallschunkychicken

West Brom's option to buy runs out on May 31st.

Squeaky bum time for Bednar.

I'd take him back in a flash if I thought he'd play to a fraction of his best.

If you had ?2.5m in your bank account and did not have to release until the 31st would you hand it out early or wait till the last minute ? Not saying it is a "done deal" but its hardly surprising they are waiting till the death before parting with their cash.

bean counter
If you had ?2.5m in your bank account and did not have to release until the 31st would you hand it out early or wait till the last minute ? Not saying it is a "done deal" but its hardly surprising they are waiting till the death before parting with their cash.

If you were borrowing it by keeping it in your account as long as possible you could easily be saving ? 500 per day interest

Commander Harris
Have made the moves of Luke Moore and the korean guy permanent already, made millers permanent in January

Yet still no mention of Bednar

Cant imagine they are rolling in cash even with promotion and have spent about 5 million already this summer

Think we could end up having bednar back or on the open market

I don't think West Brom will be short of cash tbh. even if they've spent ?5m, that's hardly anything for a club being promoted to the premiership. They can borrow against their potential parachute payment.

If they don't sign bednar I think it would be more to do with fears over fitness than not having the money.

Reason is simple -- Money -- although HMFC and WBA have agreed a fee and Bednar has signed paperwork to that effect his agent is simply demanding more money for the player from WBA now they are in the premiership -- he is aware of interest from other parties and of the wages on offer there -- he wants more money for his client -- if not agreed by end of 31/5/08 then Bednar returns to HMFC and we can then negotiate for his transfer should we wish to do so :rolleyes:

We may receive a higher fee in that case but may have to wheel and deal re loyalty clauses etc with said agent.

True, we done the same with Kingston.

Will we get any higher than the ?2.5m ? I am not so sure, Other clubs will be aware we have a unhappy player on our books. I would not be too quick to hope this deal collapses.

True, we done the same with Kingston.

Exactly, no matter if it is sitting in the bank or you are going to borrow it. If it is going to happen it will be done at the last minute IMO.

Ibrahim Tall

The deals for Danek, Luke Moore and Do Heon Kim were all done today, do you expect them them to sign every player there after this summer in one day like? Bednar'll still sign, expect it'll be complete by the end of the week.

That's not how the transfer payment system works though, I doubt very much if WBA will pay ?2.5m in one payment.

These deals usually are an initial payment followed by others depending on the number of games, etc, etc.

But take your point and I am sure they will get him before the deadline.

Romanov is petty enough to do what you said anyway, he'd rather the club suffered by not playing a good player than admitting he was wrong.

Agreed.

I would also agree that West Brom are merely waiting until the death.

No Nonsense

Hope it goes through to be honest. I still think 2.5m blabs is a decent deal based on his performances for us.

Did he not make a comment saying reaching the final of the FA Cup would mean more to him than his Scottish Cup medal?

I remember it got on my goat at the time, can't say it bothers me now though.

Ibrahim Tall
Did he not make a comment saying reaching the final of the FA Cup would mean more to him than his Scottish Cup medal?

I remember it got on my goat at the time, can't say it bothers me now though.

Well, that was the slant the Scottish media took on it.

The full comment was making out it would be a bigger achievement to reach the FA Cup Final with West Brom than it was with Hearts. Fair comment to make imo given the depth of competition.

Do The Dance

Win, win for us, I think.

Either we get decent money, or we get a decent striker back.

Archived