Arbroath tickets

mitch41

Makes sense. Very naive on my part. Guess I've never really thought too much about it.

Seems steep anyhow

It is a bit, yes, especially if you are printing from home.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect not but figure it's worth a punt... Does anybody know if concession tickets apply to students for this game?? Cheers

Morgaro Gomis

Just under 1100 seats left in Wheatfield. Should get over 5000 for this game.

Which is a pretty embarassing attendance for our first competitive fixture of the season, IMO.

Which is a pretty embarassing attendance for our first competitive fixture of the season, IMO.

A Thurs night against Arbroath its not really unexpected or embarrassing.i actually forgot it was on until earlier in the week.

Morgaro Gomis

A Thurs night against Arbroath its not really unexpected or embarrassing.i actually forgot it was on until earlier in the week.

I'd still say 5,000 or less is an embarrasing attendance for the size of Hearts. To put it in some kind of perspective it is roughly the equivalent of Cetlic getting around 15,000 which, make no mistake, they would be slated for.

Given we had 10,000, paying ?6 a ticket more, for a meaningless preseason game - it's pretty poor that we will only have around half that at our first competitive game of the season.

I don't find it totally surprising; but, that doesnt change the fact that it is quite embarrasing and equally disappointing. 

The Treasurer

I'd still say 5,000 or less is an embarrasing attendance for the size of Hearts. To put it in some kind of perspective it is roughly the equivalent of Cetlic getting around 15,000 which, make no mistake, they would be slated for.

Given we had 10,000, paying ?6 a ticket more, for a meaningless preseason game - it's pretty poor that we will only have around half that at our first competitive game of the season.

I don't find it totally surprising; but, that doesnt change the fact that it is quite embarrasing and equally disappointing. 

Can't disagree with any of this post.

We_are_the_Hearts

The crowd was 15500 when the beat us 3-0,at parkead last season

The attendance will be disappointing, although I hope the decision to open the Gorgie to cash sales will boost it a bit.

you can only sell the tickets for the price that Arbroath agree, for some reason, all the big clubs now treat the cup games as games to use your full squad in the early rounds, and if you progress to the latter stages, you then try to win it --that's why fan's don't go, just need to look at the attendance's in the FA cup and Scottish cup 3rd 4th and 5th rounds--pish

Morgaro Gomis

The crowd was 15500 when the beat us 3-0,at parkead last season

Yup, and if I remember correctly they were slated for it.

As I said above, I am not surprised that the sales are poor, more disappointed.

Maroon Sailor

you can only sell the tickets for the price that Arbroath agree, for some reason, all the big clubs now treat the cup games as games to use your full squad in the early rounds, and if you progress to the latter stages, you then try to win it --that's why fan's don't go, just need to look at the attendance's in the FA cup and Scottish cup 3rd 4th and 5th rounds--pish

Arbroath charge ?13 for league matches - you would think they would agree to at least ?10 and ?5 for a league cup match at Tynecastle - which is the best draw they could have hoped for attendance wise bar a day trip to Govan.

I know its virtually the same thing (just a different way of spinning it) but attendences should never be slated. The amount of empty seats is fair game though.

Everyone at the game tonight are the guys that have done their bit.

the general

most clubs are the same nowadays but we certainly seem to be one of the worse

thing is if we get to the final then how many folk will want one then?

132goals1958

Agree, especially when an old codger like me never even deliberated about not turning up to the first competitive fixture. Looking forward to this more than I did for a non event game last Sunday.

On Sunday though we will have one of the biggest %age of attendance v available seats in Scotland. A trend which is likely to continue throughout the whole season.

A support of extremes!

Maroon Sailor

Not sure Hearts fans should be slated for this.

The amount of money we have collectively raised over the last 2 and half years and are still contributing on a monthly basis should provide a bit of slack.

The Treasurer

Not sure Hearts fans should be slated for this.

The amount of money we have collectively raised over the last 2 and half years and are still contributing on a monthly basis should provide a bit of slack.

It's taken 168 posts but this old chestnut/excuse had to surface some time.

I just can not understand folk not wanting to go to the first competitive game of the season.

As it happens I attended last Sunday but if it had come to a choice between a competitive cup tie or a friendly it would be a no brainer the Cup tie every time for me.

Perhaps with the manager coming out and saying he will be playing his strongest team of fully fit players we may see a late rush at the Gorgie pay at the gate entrance.

I'm looking for about 6000 which would be about par for the course for these games.

An optional cup top up on our STs would be a good idea I think. Thats why Hibs cup attendances do not vary from league attendances like ours do.

They have had that option on their STs for years.

Maroon Sailor

It's taken 168 posts but this old chestnut/excuse had to surface some time.

That's not an excuse it's a fact

That's not an excuse it's a fact

I'd say fair enough if folk can't afford it. The fans have been great over the last couple of years.

However there are definitely people who can afford it, aren't busy and just cba. Each to their own but I find it strange.

This in no way meant as an excuse but attendances have been dire for this competition for years. Especially against lower league teams.

I remember when Montrose pulled off a shock 2-0 win against us in 1986 there was only about 7000 there iirc.

That was just a couple of months after we came a whisker away from the League Title. 

Maroon Sailor

I'd say fair enough if folk can't afford it. The fans have been great over the last couple of years.

However there are definitely people who can afford it, aren't busy and just cba. Each to their own but I find it strange.

I agree with that.

heartsfc_fan

Looks like Wheatfield is just about sold out. Only really tickets left in sec G.

Wheatfield holds about 5,900, so hopefully we'll have a crowd of 7,000 on the night if we get a decent amount of walkups.

MacDonald Jardine

I just can not understand folk not wanting to go to the first competitive game of the season.

As it happens I attended last Sunday but if it had come to a choice between a competitive cup tie or a friendly it would be a no brainer the Cup tie every time for me.

Perhaps with the manager coming out and saying he will be playing his strongest team of fully fit players we may see a late rush at the Gorgie pay at the gate entrance.

I'm looking for about 6000 which would be about par for the course for these games.

An optional cup top up on our STs would be a good idea I think. Thats why Hibs cup attendances do not vary from league attendances like ours do.

They have had that option on their STs for years.

I agree with this.

We used to do it and it was very handy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Archived