Jason Holt to Rangers

jambo in iraq

jambo in iraq

reported in Hibsman that he is training with Sevco. No danger Hearts should let them off with anything under the 200K development fee. They have f*cked us year after year with pitiful transfer fees and in the case of Lee Wallace and Templeton took advantage of our predicament to get players on the cheap. Hope Auntie Ann takes them for every penny.

And Sow makes it 10

reported in Hibsman that he is training with Sevco. No danger Hearts should let them off with anything under the 200K development fee. They have f*cked us year after year with pitiful transfer fees and in the case of Lee Wallace and Templeton took advantage of our predicament to get players on the cheap. Hope Auntie Ann takes them for every penny.

Exactly this - hope so

Queen Ann should tell them to "Ram it" even if it means selling to hibs, at least with the wee team he'd be guaranteed first team football.

jambo in iraq

SFA set precedence already with the tribunal on Telfer's sevco to Dundee United, so it will be easy money for Hearts..

Templeton was forced out the door. The fact he's a rangers fan helped a lot

jambo in iraq

as may well be, but it was no coincidence that Rangers were waiting there for him at the first chance. Probably good value in hindsight but at the time it was undervalued..

Jambo-Jimbo

SFA set precedence already with the tribunal on Telfer's sevco to Dundee United, so it will be easy money for Hearts..

Sorry, not the way it works.

Rangers receive maximum development fees, but pay out minimum development fees, I'm sure that will be in the ultra fine print of the SFA rules on this.

Don't think Templeton was a Rangers fan

Bert Le Clos

Does anyone know if we actually offered him any sort of new deal?

I thought development fees were only applicable if the club who developed the player offered a new deal on equal or better terms?

Or is this not the case if the player moves to a club in the same country?

Captain America

Don't think Templeton was a Rangers fan

IIRC it is his dad who is big Rangers fan from what I gathered.

Could be wrong though.

Templeton said a number of times he was a Celtic fan despite his middle name.

Did Robbie not say recently that we will not be asking for silly money for him, regarding the development fee.

Probably why the the dead sevco zombies now want him.

IIRC it is his dad who is big Rangers fan from what I gathered.

Could be wrong though.

Think you are right,sure I seen somewhere he supported Celtic to spite his dad, who was absent through him growing up

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I thought development fees were only applicable if the club who developed the player offered a new deal on equal or better terms?

Craig or Robbie confirmed a compo payment would be necessary recently. Said they would not be asking for unrealistic money though, or words to that effect.

Clerry Jambo

Did Robbie not say recently that we will not be asking for silly money for him, regarding the development fee.

Probably why the the dead sevco zombies now want him.

Hopefully Robbie was "trolling"

Always disappointed to see players end up at the scum but could be a good move for him. Hope hes not wasted like Templeton.

Really rate him and hope he does well as long as its not against us.

Auld Reekin'

Say it ain't so... Disappointing if correct - anyone but that shower.

He was offered a deal at the same time as the other youngsters I believe earlier last season. We are 100% due a development fee.

Back to 2005

Say it ain't so... Disappointing if correct - anyone but that shower.

I don't know..it's mildly amusing they are picking up our cast offs.

Buffalo Bill

I think Henry Templeton was a Celtic fan but called his son 'Cooper' because his admiration for the former Rangers winger transcended Old Firm rivalry.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think Henry Templeton was a Celtic fan but called his son 'Cooper' because his admiration for the former Rangers winger transcended Old Firm rivalry.

Most of his family are Celtic fans. His cousin Nicky is and according to him, David was always a Celtic supporter but he used to get ripped for his name.

Auld Reekin'

I don't know..it's mildly amusing they are picking up our cast offs.

In a way, but - in my opinion - Holt is a very good player, so don't want to see him turning out for the Beastly Hun.

Allowayjambo1874

Rankers don't have 200 quid never mind 200k.

Paid ?200k for Rob Kiernan to Wigan. Can't see us asking more than 50k nominal amount.

Rangers paying for one of our rejects demonstrates just how far they have fallen behind us.

Holt is a decent player and could prove to be a good signing for them.

Paid ?200k for Rob Kiernan to Wigan. Can't see us asking more than 50k nominal amount.

if we get less than 250k, the whole premiss that budge/levein/neilson say their working to is along side any bullshit king has said or even craig whyte.

if we get less than 250k, the whole premiss that budge/levein/neilson say their working to is along side any bullshit king has said or even craig whyte.

Eh?????????

How's that then?

Rangers got (I think) ?210k for Telfer.  To ask for ?250k for a much more experienced player is not IMO unrealistic.

Eh?????????

How's that then?

well it would go along the lines of developing and bringing through players to sell on for the benefit of the club. we've already gave away brad,robinson,carrick for feck all I would think accepting peanuts for holt(rated the best prospect in Scotland just over a year ago) is well up there with the lying king, considering we are well entitled to the going rate for developing him which was pretty much set with telfers move

Clerry Jambo

well it would go along the lines of developing and bringing through players to sell on for the benefit of the club. we've already gave away brad,robinson,carrick for feck all I would think accepting peanuts for holt(rated the best prospect in Scotland just over a year ago) is well up there with the lying king, considering we are well entitled to the going rate for developing him which was pretty much set with telfers move

Fair points mate

Jambof3tornado

Rangers got (I think) ?210k for Telfer. To ask for ?250k for a much more experienced player is not IMO unrealistic.

Correct.

doctor jambo

I think to demonstrate reasonable behaviour would be in order

Separate ourselves form the others

We don't really want or need him and I'd rather we had a reputation amongst players of good, balanced conduct- we did it for Keatings

let Holt pursue his career wherever he wants and not stand in his way- it may make us more appealing to youngsters coming to us in future

And at the end of the day 100k is no great shakes

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I suspect that Levein and Neilson will not want to stand in Holt's way and leave him rotting because teams are put off by the fee. I imagine they will ask for closer to 100k-ish.

Did someone not suggest we were looking at Rangers for youth players?

All just guesswork.

Allowayjambo1874

Yes but we made the decision and allowed these players to go without development fees to free up the wages, they have been deemed not good enough by our management team. letting them move on for free was in everyones interest.

It may be that hearts will play hard ball with rankers and go to tribunal but just think what RN's been saying in press allied to them being skint will equal small fee.

Not sure being pragmatic puts our board on same level with Dave King ffs.

Your post is mental on so many levels.

Brad wanted first team football and was out of contract. He'd have been about 4th choice and was worth zero.

Robinson was garbage and would have been about 6th choice midfielder. He was worth zero.

Carrick was never going to get a game because we have many better players and he was worth zero, hence why we allowed him to leave.

Who exactly rated Holt as the best prospect in Scotland a year ago?

He had plenty of chances in the first team and other than a decent strike, he offered little. He can't tackle, he's not fast, he's not creative and he struggles to get into games. He wasn't even consistently good enough to play for Hearts in the Championship. He was offered a deal but as he wanted first team football, he went elsewhere. Any transfer fee will be decided by tribunal. Robbie said that Hearts wouldn't be difficult to deal with as they like and respect Jason Holt. They will allow him to go as it's what he wants and he's been with Hearts for a long time and served the club to the best of his limited ability.

What does any of that have in common with "bullshit king has said or even craig whyte?"

To sell players on for a profit that benefits the club, they have to be good and larger teams have to want to buy them. No larger teams have wanted to buy any of these guys except possibly Rangers and Holt. The other guys have gone to smaller clubs where they have more chance of playing. As for Holt, he wasn't good enough for Hearts. If Rangers want to pay anything for him then the 112k or whatever it was we were willing to accept is fine with me.

Gorgie_Rules

I dont expect us to negotiate hard on this, i'll take a guess at ?50k

Shame it didnt really work out for him with us, hope he has a successful season then gets a move down England next summer

Brad wanted first team football and was out of contract. He'd have been about 4th choice and was worth zero.

Robinson was garbage and would have been about 6th choice midfielder. He was worth zero.

Carrick was never going to get a game because we have many better players and he was worth zero, hence why we allowed him to leave.

He had plenty of chances in the first team and other than a decent strike, he offered little. He can't tackle, he's not fast, he's not creative and he struggles to get into games. He wasn't even consistently good enough to play for Hearts in the Championship. He was offered a deal but as he wanted first team football, he went elsewhere. Any transfer fee will be decided by tribunal. Robbie said that Hearts wouldn't be difficult to deal with as they like and respect Jason Holt. They will allow him to go as it's what he wants and he's been with Hearts for a long time and served the club to the best of his limited ability.

What does any of that have in common with "bullshit king has said or even craig whyte?"

To sell players on for a profit that benefits the club, they have to be good and larger teams have to want to buy them. No larger teams have wanted to buy any of these guys except possibly Rangers and Holt. The other guys have gone to smaller clubs where they have more chance of playing. As for Holt, he wasn't good enough for Hearts. If Rangers want to pay anything for him then the 112k or whatever it was we were willing to accept is fine with me.

you win, we will just develop players for the benefit of our opponents, killie st.j sevco,hibs etc at a cost and ask for nothing back despite being entitled.

that's not what the club has been saying. up there with sevcos war chest

Agree with every word. Its not as if any of these guys leaving are leaving us as better players so its a bit morally bankrupt asking for development fees for players we didn't really develop very far, in fact they have ended up at lower levels for the most part. If we don't have any use for a player and he has a chance somewhere else, then FFS let him go without too much fuss and wish him well. That's what an honourable club would do.

Allowayjambo1874

Think because rangers are interested some think the development fee should be top end, if Holt was signing for ICT or Partick would we still be thinking 250k?

Also John McGinn in same boat, st mirren want north of 200k for development so that's scared off every scottish club and the boys about to sign for Houston meaning st mirren get zero.

No one with cash to burn is now interested in holt so best for all to come up with reasonable deal.

I dont expect us to negotiate hard on this, i'll take a guess at ?50k

Shame it didnt really work out for him with us, hope he has a successful season then gets a move down England next summer

Negotiating "hard" would be ?210k (that's what DU had to pay Rangers).

?100k would be more than fair IMO.

you win, we will just develop players for the benefit of our opponents, killie st.j sevco,hibs etc at a cost and ask for nothing back despite being entitled.

So you think we should keep every player who comes through our youth system but clearly isn't good enough for the first team?

Allowayjambo1874

Or we develop players but realise that they have got to a level that is just below what our management deem as acceptable and are not going to make it any further at hearts.

Do we hold on to said players and stall their careers indefinitely looking for development fees or let them go, free up the wagesand wish them all the best?

Clerry Jambo

Agree with every word. Its not as if any of these guys leaving are leaving us as better players so its a bit morally bankrupt asking for development fees for players we didn't really develop very far, in fact they have ended up at lower levels for the most part. If we don't have any use for a player and he has a chance somewhere else, then FFS let him go without too much fuss and wish him well. That's what an honourable club would do.

Sorry bud but that is utter nonsense!

As it happens Brad, Carrick and Robinson have been "snapped up" by top league clubs, something we weren't last season.

You could say Hearts acted professionally by not standing in the way of the players finding new clubs, but we're still entitled to compensation, as per the rules if a contract was offered.

wishawjambo

Henry's a rangers fan David's a celtic fan his mums family are Celtic fans

As it happens Brad, Carrick and Robinson have been "snapped up" by top league clubs, something we weren't last season.

We are now though.

They weren't good enough for us in the Championship so why on earth would they be good enough in the Premiership?

They've moved to smaller clubs where they might have more chance of first team football. 

Allowayjambo1874

You could say Hearts acted professionally by not standing in the way of the players finding new clubs, but we're still entitled to compensation, as per the rules if a contract was offered.

I get what you are saying mate but with such a lack of cash in the scottish game think we did well by these guys by allowing them to move on If we had played hard ball asking for cash they may well be still sitting about looking for clubs and/or on a wage with us.

Serious question, and I know the league positions will be thrown at me, but do you think these guys careers have taken a turn for the better or worse leaving hearts to join killie, st j etc?.

Squad player at best for Rangers.

Having said that people have said before a different less physical, more ball playing system might finally suit him so who knows, maybe he'll do alright.

Archived