Eggert starts for Iceland for the first time

StrikersInstinct

We_are_the_Hearts

Good for him.

Was a real plus point last season, great energy levels, positioning, tidy in posession and strong in the tackle. Seemed to get dragged down as the season wore on by some of the dross he was expected to play with.

Brilliant news.

Is the match on the tele? I couldn't see it listed on Sky and BBC Wales has the England match on...

Good for him.

Was a real plus point last season, great energy levels, positioning, tidy in posession and strong in the tackle. Seemed to get dragged down as the season wore on by some of the dross he was expected to play with.

Agree. The biggest positive from last season was his emergence.

I think he has the makings of a really good player. He needs coaching on playing in midfield though - he gets dragged out of position because he wants to do too much to help the team. Brellier showed the benefits of good coaching - now is the time for Eggert to get it too.

Rawrrrrrrr

Eggert Started the season excellently, but suffered as it went on due to our continual crapness and really didnt get much better or do much after a few games, although this was not his fault

He is a star in the making and the likes of he, driver, berra, wallace will thrive in a good team

Well done Eggert! I think it's on S4C which is Sky channel 134, 8.35 kick off!

Nice one stephs!

scott herbertson
Eggert Started the season excellently, but suffered as it went on due to our continual crapness and really didnt get much better or do much after a few games, although this was not his fault

He is a star in the making and the likes of he, driver, berra, wallace will thrive in a good team

I've had a dig at your posts a few times in the past but I agree totally with this one.

jamboinglasgow

well done Eggo, good to see him getting his first start.

Jonsson has been a good player this season and hopefully improve as much next season as Driver did this. WOuld make him an even better player. I wonder if it might be wise next season to put a 4-4-2 with the CM of McGowen and Jonssonl McGowen going forward and Jonsson holding back.

I would give him a try at right back. He played in defence for the younger age group Icelandic teams and at times for Hearts under-19s.. he tackles..got a good engine as the cliche says.

If it doesn't work we know what he can do elsewhere.

Pete Seeger
I would give him a try at right back. He played in defence for the younger age group Icelandic teams and at times for Hearts under-19s.. he tackles..got a good engine as the cliche says.

Thats maybe not a bad shout. I like Eggert, strong in the tackle and not a bad passer of the ball. I think he's got the most potential out of all the young guys breaking through.

What is S4C for virgin customers.

I think it is Welsh channel 4 or something like that, bear in mind, it will all be in Welsh!

bean counter

Congrats to Eggert it is throughly deserved.

As many others have said one of the few plus points from last season

Auld Reekin'

Good luck Eggie - get intae those leek-munchin', psalm-singin', mutton-molesters! ;)

MackaysCentreSpot
I think it is Welsh channel 4 or something like that, bear in mind, it will all be in Welsh!

Thanks Steph. :)

I don't think weakening our right back and central midfield areas with one move is a great idea;)

I like Eggert and certainly think he could be a good player for us with the correct players round about him and a manager to help improve him. He's been extremely unlucky to be at Hearts at a time when there are no leaders or experienced heads and when the place is in turmoil and there's no doubt that over the last few months his progress stalled because of the shambles. However, I believe that he could really find his feet next season should the proper setup be in place.

It's great to see him getting his chance for Iceland but I must admit it says a lot about the standard of team they have at the moment which of course can only be good for Scotland's 2010 qualifying campaign as he would get nowhere near our squad.

Archived