Tyson Fury v Wladimir Klitschko

Bert Le Clos

Bert Le Clos

Fury confirmed as fighting Klitschko in Germany on October 24th.

Can't see Fury winning this. Despite his age Fury has never fought anyone in Klitschko's shape and Fury's size advantage won't be anywhere near as much as it usually is over his opponents.

He'll also be on the wrong side of notoriously difficult judges to win over in Germany.

I think Fury is an average fighter at best and physically is not in the same league as Klitschko. He's also an absolute bellend but a win for him would probably be best for the heavyweight division as a whole.

It would certainly blow it wide open as I expect Klitschko would most likely retire if he lost.

I hope that Klitschko knocks ten shades of shite out of Fury, should be an interesting fight though.

I think the fight will be quite boring. Fury was put down by Steve Cunningham - a cruiserweight, and he's never been in the ring with someone who punches as hard as Wlad.

I expect Klitschko to adopt his cautious style with Fury being unable to get past his jab - will probably be a lopsided decision or a late stoppage win for Wlad.

fabienleclerq

Can't see fury getting anywhere near a result. Easy win for klitschko, would rather see either fight Joshua.

chuck berrys hairline

Fury to be sparked out in five. Hope he doesn't act more of a ***** in the build up to this!

Fury to be sparked out in five. Hope he doesn't act more of a ***** in the build up to this!

I think that is the one thing you can guarantee.

Don't watch a lot of boxing but that boy Fury comes across as the biggest ***** on the planet, hope he gets mauled.

I'm sick of Wladimir Klitschko.. He has raised himself to the record number of title defences because there is nobody in that division..

Hope Fury knocks him out then takes on Joshua..

Bert Le Clos

I'm sick of Wladimir Klitschko.. He has raised himself to the record number of title defences because there is nobody in that division..

pNlEE.jpg

Deal with it.

There's a boxing thread...... You can't tell me this fight is special enough to merit its own thread. :lol:

Anyway, the judges are irrelevant as far as Fury is concerned. If he was to win it would be by way of KO. Not a chance he could out score him over the distance.

Fort Vallance

Can't see fury getting anywhere near a result. Easy win for klitschko, would rather see either fight Joshua.

I could see Joshua beating Fury. But I think he's a year or so away from taking on Klitschko.

Bert Le Clos

There's a boxing thread...... You can't tell me this fight is special enough to merit its own thread. :lol:

Anyway, the judges are irrelevant as far as Fury is concerned. If he was to win it would be by way of KO. Not a chance he could out score him over the distance.

:vrwow:

Bothered.

fabienleclerq

I could see Joshua beating Fury. But I think he's a year or so away from taking on Klitschko.

I think he'd beat them both tbh. I think they're doing the right thing slowly building him up its just he keeps flattening everything they put in front of him! Klitschko is 39 now so I dunno how long Joshua has if he wants to fight him.

To be there the lack of competition isn't really his fault. He can only beat the boxers that are out there and to be honest the heavyweight division has been poor for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivan Drago

To be there the lack of competition isn't really his fault. He can only beat the boxers that are out there and to be honest the heavyweight division has been poor for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not as if he's been ducking any world class opponents either. David Haye was supposed to be the guy who could trouble him and he beat him no bother.

RealMaroonCF

Fury is nothing. He was soundly beaten by john mcdermot years ago but got the decision after a horror refereeing performance. That really should have put him where he belongs...th boxing backwater.

Fair play though. He runs his mouth and has somehow got this chance after beating other nobodys.

If I were making the odds for this, Tyson would be about 8/1. They will be scraping him off the deck after about 3 rounds. Klits is classes ahead of him, he will make him look like the amateur he is.

Joshua would have Tyson flat out in a max of 4 .

RealMaroonCF

Let's just have I 'hearts' thread on the terrace. That would be great.

indianajones

pNlEE.jpg

Deal with it.

She isnt far of being a classified midget and he is a giant.

Must absolutely destroy her. 

I reckon Wlad will take him in the 6th, he'll be cautious for 3-4 rounds and hide behind his jab, then when Tyson has to start trying to win rounds, Fury will walk on to something.

Fury is nothing. He was soundly beaten by john mcdermot years ago but got the decision after a horror refereeing performance. That really should have put him where he belongs...th boxing backwater.

Fair play though. He runs his mouth and has somehow got this chance after beating other nobodys.

If I were making the odds for this, Tyson would be about 8/1. They will be scraping him off the deck after about 3 rounds. Klits is classes ahead of him, he will make him look like the amateur he is.

Joshua would have Tyson flat out in a max of 4 .

No, he wouldnt.

Joshua, when does he fight his next cardboard cutout?.

RealMaroonCF

I won't get into 'yes he will no he won't' powder puff stuff. I'll just say "we'll see"

Tyson will get found out big time v k'co and that will land him trying to find fights next year. I think summer 16 will see Joshua and Tyson mixing it in a 'super fight' (which it most certainly won't be).

We'll come back here at that point.

fabienleclerq

No, he wouldnt.

Joshua, when does he fight his next cardboard cutout?.

Fancy a charity bet Joshua beats Fury when they meet? I'll give you the draw!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

There's not even a sliver of doubt about what will happen.

Fury will hide for 12 rounds, lose on points, take his money.

Ibrahim Tall

Fancy a charity bet Joshua beats Fury when they meet? I'll give you the draw!

He probably will but he's still fought no one of any note. Mike Tyson at 20 was already the world champion, Joshua at 26 is still fighting bums like Skelton and Sprott with the excuse that he's "young".

RealMaroonCF

Give Joshua time mate. He has to take a few hits from real heavy weights to get his head and chin right. These boys hit hard...very hard.....their jabs look nonsense on tv but theyd put a normal guy out for a week. That's what moving up the ranks is about.

Go and have a look back at fury to see how even he has improved with experience....and that's someone I don't rate.

When it comes to it. Joshua will flatten fury. Fury will justAbe purse collecting by then anyway because he'll have been found out at world level.

RealMaroonCF

Ps mike Tyson was an animal. There is no-one like that in the game anymore. He was also very very hungry. He was some fighter in his prime

Joshua is fighting Dillan Whyte which should be an okay fight in that it'll be his first run out against someone who's young and well thought of.

Wlad will just jab Fury into oblivion. Can see him quitting on his stool about the 8th.

fabienleclerq

He probably will but he's still fought no one of any note. Mike Tyson at 20 was already the world champion, Joshua at 26 is still fighting bums like Skelton and Sprott with the excuse that he's "young".

He's not been tested yet but he looks frightening the way he's taken folk apart. Comparing him to Tyson probably isn't fair, there's no one around in his league. He's 25 and Klitschko is 39 iirc, plenty time to win belts.

• 2 months later...
Say What Again

Fight back on for November 28th

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10014254/wladimir-klitschko-vs-tyson-fury-set-for-november-28-in-dusseldorf

Wladimir Klitschko has been given the all clear to fight Tyson Fury on November 28 after tests on his calf injury.

The WBA Super, WBO and IBF world heavyweight champion (64-3-KO53) pulled out of their scheduled October 24 meeting last week just days after challenger Fury made press conference history by arriving dressed as Batman.

But Klitschko, 39, has overcome the problem and will be able to defend his titles in Dusseldorf in eight weeks' time.

I'm actually quite looking forward to this fight, it'll be interesting to see what Klitchko does against someone that has a height, weight and reach advantage over him. Not saying for a second that I think Fury will win but will be interesting to see if Fury can force him into a different game plan!  

We at least should see a more open than normal Klitchko due to him not being able to use his size to wrap his opponent up anytime they get inside that jab.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Physique wise it looked like man against boy at the weigh in.

Fury has dropped quite a bit of weight but has next to no definition which suggests he's still carrying quite a bit body fat.

Klitschko won't have fought many opponents with a greater reach than he has. Fury has a 4 inch advantage there so I don't think Klitschko will be able to dismantle him quite as easily with his jab as he usually does.

But if Klitchsko makes fury move around the ring and counter punches, I think Fury will tire fast, his guard will drop and Klitchsko can knock him out. Will Klitchsko be willing to fight like that though?

chester copperpot

I hope Fury gets destroyed so badly that he has to retire.

An absolute fud.

I cannae stand the Klitschkos however Fury is and absolute bell chief so I want him knocked out. Normally always back the British fighters but not this time.

Fury is a total ******.

...a bit disco

'Tyson Fury is threatening to pull out of Saturday's world heavyweight title fight against Wladimir Klitschko in Germany because the canvas in the ring is too soft, according to his agent.

Briton Fury is due to face the WBA, IBF and WBO champion at about 22:00 GMT.

His agent Asif Vali said the British challenger has complained to the British Boxing Board of Control and the commissioner of the Dusseldorf fight.

"If it's not resolved, the fight is in jeopardy of being off," Vali said.'

:lol:

He should be thanking them for when he get's knocked out.

'Tyson Fury is threatening to pull out of Saturday's world heavyweight title fight against Wladimir Klitschko in Germany because the canvas in the ring is too soft, according to his agent.

Briton Fury is due to face the WBA, IBF and WBO champion at about 22:00 GMT.

His agent Asif Vali said the British challenger has complained to the British Boxing Board of Control and the commissioner of the Dusseldorf fight.

"If it's not resolved, the fight is in jeopardy of being off," Vali said.'

:lol:

He should be thanking them for when he get's knocked out.

Updated, fight is on.

"Tyson Fury's world heavyweight title fight against Wladimir Klitschko on Saturday is set to go ahead after a row over the thickness of the canvas.

Fury, who will face the WBA, IBF and WBO champion at about 22:00 GMT, had complained the canvas was "too soft".

The underlay in the ring in Dusseldorf, Germany, is now being torn up and the canvas relayed, although it may mean a fight on the undercard is lost."

Fury is trying everything to unsettle klitschko. The sign of a man who dosent believe he can win

All he appears to want is a proper boxing canvas and not a bouncy castle. It's a heavyweight boxing fight you don't expect a 25 Title fights Champion to be adding extra layers of foam to the canvas to give him an edge over the challenger.

For the sake of Heavyweight boxing let's hope Fury wins.

Archived