Gretna??

Hearts of Vladland

Anyone heard anything about them??:confused:

I have. If it's the football team, Gretna FC you mean, then I heard they were playing in, and subsequently got relegated from, the SPL this season. Hope that helps clear things up.

Hearts of Vladland
I have. If it's the football team, Gretna FC you mean, then I heard they were playing in, and subsequently got relegated from, the SPL this season. Hope that helps clear things up.

Yeah a know I mean about them going out of business

Anyone heard anything about them??:confused:

We played them in some cup final competition a few years ago, I think :confused:

Anyone heard anything about them going out of business??:confused:

No, but they must be the biggest embarassment to the SPL ever. And by the way who else cares?

Rawrrrrrrr

At the moment the business is still technically in business, in that it hasnt closed shop

However, it has no employees and no current trade

There is a buyer in line, but he is refusing to commit to anything until the SFL give them reassurances about there first division place and other footballing issues including player debt

I would imagine the whole issue will be brought to an end soon -probably with gretna ceasing to exist - as the SFL have obligations to its other members and the situation is causing major issues for Airdrie and Stranraer - who will be promoted if gretna go bust - who both cant rebuild or plan for next season as they don't know what is happening

what makes it even more scandalous is the Administrator is still picking up a fee which they are guarenteed to collect

Gretna should never have existed past day 1 of administration if it was being done properly within statute and the creditors must have a very good malpractice suit against the administrator

Peter Olivers Army
At the moment the business is still technically in business, in that it hasnt closed shop

There is a buyer in line, but he is refusing to commit to anything until the SFL give them reassurances about there first division place and other footballing issues including player debt

I would imagine the whole issue will be brought to an end soon -probably with gretna ceasing to exist - as the SFL have obligations to its other members and the situation is causing major issues for Airdrie and Stranraer - who will be promoted if gretna go bust - who both cant rebuild or plan for next season as they don't know what is happening

what makes it even more scandalous is the Administrator is still picking up a fee which they are guarenteed to collect

Gretna should never have existed past day 1 of administration if it was being done properly within statute and the creditors must have a very good malpractice suit against the administrator

You've got it nailed. This farce has been allowed to roll on for too long now.

First of all, the SPL artificially propped them up to avoid ructions at the split. Ever since, they have been dangling by a ba' hair. Now, other clubs are suffering because they can't be sure where they will be playing next season.

Time to drop the blade and no mistake.

Who would come in to replace stranraer in the third division if they do end up going into the second?

Rawrrrrrrr
Who would come in to replace stranraer in the third division if they do end up going into the second?

The SFL would accept applications and then choose, apparently a few of the highland teams, spartans , a east lothian select, whitehill welfare and pollock are the favourites should (when) it happen

Stewart MacD
No, but they must be the biggest embarrassment to the SPL ever.

Running second a long way behind the evil hordes of Mordor, with VR coming close behind.

Archived