DOPPLEREFFEKT

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

Numbers have pulled it out of the bag again with the mighty, elusive and mysterious Dopplereffekt playing at the subclub on the 6th of June. I can't wait for this night, it's going to be pretty special.

Dopplereffekt /

Real Name: Gerald Donald' date=' Kim Karli, Rudolf Ellis Klorzeiger & William Scott

Profile: Dopplereffekt are one of the more mysterious units of the contemporary electronic music scene. There are no interviews and hardly any live appearances. The composers hide behind strange German pseudonyms whereas the song titles and lyrics are in English and make up a strange mixture of scientific, sexually explicit and political allusions.

Dopplereffekt's music is also highly eclectic and unusual. Even if at first sight the forefathers Kraftwerk seem to be more than present, Dopplereffekt have developed their very own and highly influential sound aesthetic.

Dopplereffekt are from Detroit. Their electro-style resembles that of Drexciya, though it feels colder and the production is better (at least when compared to Drexciya's masterpiece 'The Quest' which was recorded rather poorly). The record feels cold and clinical though at the same time it can be very funny: 'We had to Sterilize the Population' said by a robot-voice ranks amongst my favourite lyrics in any genre!

The music obviously reminds me of Kraftwerk, though the emphasis in their lyrics or songtitles tends more towards sex or (alien) domination (through technology). The music is dark, minimal, cold and funny at the same time. They apply their few sounds like a surgeon cuts with his knife (or razorblade for that matter!). Thus they achieve maximum impact upon the unwary listener. The music isn't fast as in 320bpm-fast, but it feels extraordinarily 'hard' and edgy. Strong stuff for sure. But served with the right amounts of irony and cynicism to top it off. Their Gesahmtkunstwerk really is a perfect record and one of the few worthy! extensions to Kraftwerk's own impressive catalogue. A classic! 10/10

[/quote']

Anyone who likes their electro should be clearing a space in their diary for this.

nmbrs_dopp_a6_back_290408.gif

doppler_slogan_09.gif

• 2 weeks later...
The People's Chimp

This bad boy is tonight. Any electro fans out there, this is their FIRST EVER UK performance.

The People's Chimp
I thought this was actualy goig to be about the Doppler effect.:(

Ueber das farbige Licht der Doppelsterne und einiger anderer Gestirne des Himmels - Versuch einer das Bradley'sche Aberrations-Theorem als integrierenden Theil in sich schliessenden allgemeineren Theorie

Redshift.png

Ueber das farbige Licht der Doppelsterne und einiger anderer Gestirne des Himmels - Versuch einer das Bradley'sche Aberrations-Theorem als integrierenden Theil in sich schliessenden allgemeineren Theorie

Redshift.png

I see.

:confused:

cosanostra

I'll be there.

Infophsyix was one of the first electro records i ever bought. Been waiting for this one for about 10 years. I also posted a dopplereffekt live set on my blog a few months ago if anyone is interested.

I'm expecting it to be quite a laid back, mellow affair with a stand and watch type of vibe rather than be dancey.

Whatever happens, it will be a once in a life time chance to see a real musical visionary perform live. I like his Drexciya music better but as his production partner died a few years ago, he'll never perform that stuff live.

cosanostra

Here's my blog from March.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/blogs/cosanostra/30-dopplereffekt-live-set.html

The gig was immense. Absolutely stunning.

Great sound quality and amazing music. Was also funny the number of total goons there who thought they were going to some rave party and stood there shocked, waiting for something to happen, and started dissing the man because it never got heavy enough.

The People's Chimp
Here's my blog from March.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/blogs/cosanostra/30-dopplereffekt-live-set.html

The gig was immense. Absolutely stunning.

Great sound quality and amazing music. Was also funny the number of total goons there who thought they were going to some rave party and stood there shocked, waiting for something to happen, and started dissing the man because it never got heavy enough.

absolutely. there was a high goon percentage. great performance though.

Archived