The Shed;

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Can you post that photo without the writing over it ML?

Would do mate but heading out, should be someone on here  with the required photo shop skills though.

Used to stand behind the goal but would squeeze in to "the corner" when it was raining / snowing. Cozy would be one way to describe it!!!

used to stand under the 'tv gantry', remember when the crowd sway ala the Liverpool kop stylee became fashonable, lost 1 good Frank wright loafer when we were playing the verdant vermin, had to trudge home with just 1 shoe :laugh4:

I used to steward Saturdays in the late 80s.  My pal John had a Gorgie road tenement flat which is in the picture. We were told to keep the stairways clear for safety, folk always poured out.  Remember a boy swilling a triangular Teachers bottle of Whisky at the back............i let him finish it off, before taking the bottle away...........As said in the remenessences thread, i was there the Pee wall collapsed.........

I spent all my formative Tynecastle days in there. Usually right at the back in the corner to avoid the worst of the sway madness. Watching a game diagonally on from a corner seemed like the only way to do it. :)

Son Of Anarchy

I will never ever ever forget the smell of urine. Scarred me for life. The celebrations when we scored though. I'd loved to have seen it from the Gorgie rd end. Remember when the fences first got put up too.

gorgieheart

Great great great memories of the Crazy corner. .. did reek o pish a bit mind. Highlights include the bayern game..started off about 5 rows from the back. .. fergie burst the net , ended up squashed against the fence at the front. Game v Sellick, Paul Mcstay came to take a corner , cue a rain of pies,bovril and Mars bars.... along with "Paul Mcstay , yer a Juanker"....wee robbo had to coke over and calm the corner down.

Happy Days

Many happy days in there. In particular the Bayern game, the house was rockin' that night to quote Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Also remember the new years derby when forged tickets were sold, probably 30k squeezed into tynie, was absolutely heaving.

On a sadder note, remember the first home game after hillsborough, first time I can remember a minutes silence being absolutely observed, all you could hear were the turn styles clicking, very poignant. Also at the end of that game(think it was falkirk) quite spontaneously, hearts fans started tying their scarfs onto the fence behind the goal at the school end, some threw them onto the pitch and the ball boys tied them, very moving. 

Also remember the rivers of pish running down the terracing when it rained, top tip, don't wear suede shoes in the shed.

One of many reasons I fell in love with HMFC, the noise, the chants, the rants, the Hearts songs, going away for a wee greet now.

I can even remember being in there when Kenny Black scored 4 goals against Hamilton, think we won 7-0.

top tip, don't wear suede shoes in the shed.

It still owes me a pair of blue suede Doc Martin brogues (it was the 80's). The toilet was about 3 inches deep in piss that particular day.

Son Of Anarchy

It still owes me a pair of blue suede Doc Martin brogues (it was the 80's). The toilet was about 3 inches deep in piss that particular day.

That's why most of us clever fans wore at least 12 high doc "bovver boots". Thinking back my docs were half the height of me.

Remember being there when we beat Celtic 3-1. Celtic scored first then a wonder save by Henry totally turned the game. Absolutely crazy atmosphere. Not for the faint hearted, the Shed.

Broxburn Jambo

Lovely. Thanks KotN. :cheers:

I remember it before the plastics seats and the singing went on in front of the TV gantry

queensferryjambo

I can even remember being in there when Kenny Black scored 4 goals against Hamilton, think we won 7-0.

Not sure how good your memory is but Kenny Black scoring one goal in a game was a highlight :)

Think the game you are thinking of might have been a Black hat trick against Dumbarton in 85?

We did beat Hamilton 7-0 in the 80s but don't remember Black being on the score sheet.

My fondest memory of chaos in the shed was the a 2-1 home win against H1b5 Robbo scored the winner late on. Plenty other great memories but for some reason that one stands out as being a bit madder.

TyphoonJambo

I'm filling up just reading this. Loved the shed. The crush, the rivers of piss, the golf balls, the darts, from talking to Criuckie to charging Celtic scum, Christ that place has scored a rut in my physcuie. Happy days indeed

Goldstone Wonder

Not sure how good your memory is but Kenny Black scoring one goal in a game was a highlight :)

We did beat Hamilton 7-0 in the 80s but don't remember Black being on the score sheet.

I was at the 7-0 game against Hamilton. Can't remember Kenny Black scoring but fairly certain Sandy Jardine did which was a rarity.

Ooops, my memory has gone wonky!! He scored a hatrick against dumbarton in jan 85.

I'm getting old.

Talk-o-the-North

Lovely. Thanks KotN. :cheers:

No probs mate. Me and my mates used to stand just to the right of where it was taken. Tremendous.

Bridge of Djoum

Always squeezed myself into the shed in the 80's. loved starting a song, when the corner joined in, I thought I'd made it in the world, very proud.

i wish jj was my dad

when I was a wee kid I sat on the benches in front of the tv gantry then when I got a bit older I stood under the pylon in the shed. The Bayern game was just awesome in there.  The time some jakey puked on me the season after wasn't so great mind.

queensferryjambo

Ooops, my memory has gone wonky!! He scored a hatrick against dumbarton in jan 85.

I'm getting old.

Don't worry everyone who stood in the shed is getting old now :)

chester copperpot

Yam ****s complaining of reeking of pish.

Edit I hated it too as a 14 yr old :lol:

Mind the time Wallace Mercer walked round to try and calm things down when we were losing 3-0 to Motherwell in a Division 1 decider and failing to win promotion?

He told the press the next day that 'he felt like he had 5,000 sons' or some such p***. 

Also remember an old guy in the Dundee Arms advising me that 'the Shed is full of nutters'.

I said: 'and you drink in here?'

colinmaroon

Some of us are there already!

Mind the time Wallace Mercer walked round to try and calm things down when we were losing 3-0 to Motherwell in a Division 1 decider and failing to win promotion?

He told the press the next day that 'he felt like he had 5,000 sons' or some such p***.

Was that a wednesday night game when the policeman got kicked unconscious? Mind his hat thrown about like a beach ball while he was stretchered out.

Crazy to think of it now but there was a real buzz in the corner of the Shed that i miss.

I seem to remember Wallace Mercer coming along the touchline to calm things down but never actually crossed the fence.

i wish jj was my dad

Also remember an old guy in the Dundee Arms advising me that 'the Shed is full of nutters'.

Yip.  I think that was the first season I started going regularly.  I was 8.  The week before was the battle of Kilmarnock. I'm sure Henry put some bam in a half nelson during the game.  Absolutely mental. 

I stood to the left(looking pitchward) still just under the roof most of the time.

I stood right in the corner a few times though and at big games it could be mental.  Great memories.

jimmy the jambo

One of my best memories would be the Heart 3 ? 1 Celtic (November 1991).

Henry's wonder save & the shed singing ' to die a fe**ian ba***rd' at half time for the full 15 minutes,the good old days when people wouldn't be upset by the pc brigade.

Then the bedlam of scoring three against those manky mob,a little bit of closure after the semi in 1988.

Also used to like the scurmashes with the Fauldhouse boys who'd fight amongst themselves cause they used to get bored easily :-)

All roads lead to Gorgie

I used to stand or should I say lean against a support pillar at the back near the edge of the shed at the school end. When it rained you got pushed closer to the floodlight and it could be bedlem there on derby or Rantic games when we scored. Happy teenage memories.

Was a regular in or around the corner - was directly behind the flight of the ball at the Ferguson / Bayern goal - superb!!!!!!!!!

????? 1

1-0 down to Motherwell which was the final score.

Mercer, for all he did for Hearts, was told, respectfully, to **** off.

Oh, and for the record, aye, the bogs weren't salubrious, but deep with pish is myth.

i wish jj was my dad

The Aberdeen cup game in 84.One of my first ventures away from the adults and I was on a barrier in the choir. The official attendance was only 24,000 but I reckon there was more than that in the shed. It was bonkers and even the polis were jumping about when big Sandy scored.

You're not wrong.

It was 1-0, the shed was unbelievable that day, 1982, I was 15.

Was that a wednesday night game when the policeman got kicked unconscious? Mind his hat thrown about like a beach ball while he was stretchered out.

Crazy to think of it now but there was a real buzz in the corner of the Shed that i miss.

I seem to remember Wallace Mercer coming along the touchline to calm things down but never actually crossed the fence.

Yip, the fence was getting pulled down in the corner if I remember correctly, all out war in the shed.

1-0 down to Motherwell which was the final score.

Mercer, for all he did for Hearts, was told, respectfully, to **** off.

Oh, and for the record, aye, the bogs weren't salubrious, but deep with pish is myth.

Choruses of mercer mercer get tae **** if i'm not mistaken(which I might be given my kenny black faux pas earlier)

The bogs only flowed with pish. as I remember them, when it rained.

Archived