Lets get one thing straight

John Findlay

John Findlay

There is no honour or loyalty in football anymore.

When did this change? For me in 1960 when Jimmy Hill then chairman of PPFA got the maximum wage abolished. Then other employment law changes since then culminating in the Bosman ruling.

The main difference between a professional and an amatuer is that a professional sportsperson is paid. Amatuers are not.

So(who could blame them) a professional will always try and earn as much money as they can whilst they can.

So managers will hawk their own granny for a job in football even for Hearts under Roman Romanov. Yes before you all jump in and say but McGee never.

I will say McGee is going somewhere else. He didnt turn Hearts down through loyalty to Motherwell he turned Hearts down because he is sure there is a vacancy coming up elsewhere that he wants and I personally believe that will be at Celtic Park. If I am wronng and MacGee sees out all of next season at Fir park then I will readily admit I am wrong.

Despite what many may think of Romanov. To be manager of Hearts is still a big job for any manager worth his salt. If the money is right and other things are right then there will be many who will take on the job.

Clubs nowadays dont have to go looking. Agents come to them telling clubs that so and so is interested what are you offering?

John

I think the sooner we all get our heads around the fact that we are not the lure that we once were, the better it will be for everybody. :(

John Findlay
I think the sooner we all get our heads around the fact that we are not the lure that we once were, the better it will be for everybody. :(

What lure were we in the past? Yes we are the lure we once were we always have been.

John

Jambosimmy

i think that spot on. 2-3 years ago we were looking good and the likes of mcghee, levein etc would jump at the chance. we are in dire straights and until VR sorts something out quick its not gonna get any better.

jambojim52
There is no honour or loyalty in football anymore.

When did this change? For me in 1960 when Jimmy Hill then chairman of PPFA got the maximum wage abolished. Then other employment law changes since then culminating in the Bosman ruling.

The main difference between a professional and an amatuer is that a professional sportsperson is paid. Amatuers are not.

So(who could blame them) a professional will always try and earn as much money as they can whilst they can.

So managers will hawk their own granny for a job in football even for Hearts under Roman Romanov. Yes before you all jump in and say but McGee never.

I will say McGee is going somewhere else. He didnt turn Hearts down through loyalty to Motherwell he turned Hearts down because he is sure there is a vacancy coming up elsewhere that he wants and I personally believe that will be at Celtic Park. If I am wronng and MacGee sees out all of next season at Fir park then I will readily admit I am wrong.

Despite what many may think of Romanov. To be manager of Hearts is still a big job for any manager worth his salt. If the money is right and other things are right then there will be many who will take on the job.

Clubs nowadays dont have to go looking. Agents come to them telling clubs that so and so is interested what are you offering?

John

What you say about MM could well be right John, But not nescessarliy this season. He might not want to come to Hearts as they would want a longer term contract. I would give it this season or next for MM.

i think that spot on. 2-3 years ago we were looking good and the likes of mcghee, levein etc would jump at the chance. we are in dire straits and until VR sorts something out quick its not gonna get any better.

2-3 years ago following Burley was the job that nobody wanted. Whoever came in next was on a hiding to nothing (unless they went 9 league games unbeaten). After a long wait we finally got Rix who must have been a long, long way down a list of people who said "No Thanks".

The fact that we're currently in the doldrums shouldn't deter anybody. In fact if anybody sees it as an obstacle as opposed to a challenge then I don't want them here anyway.

Additionally the Hearts job carries with it the bonus that if you fail it will take little effort to spin the story in such a way that all the dirt sticks to Vlad and your reputation is left practically undamaged.

NoseLikeMahe

Most managers have been professional players.. It's a profession, so they take a pride in what they do and many do not take kindly to people who haven't served in the trade as they have, telling them what to do.

Having a bampot chairman who's fond of a wee play of Championship Manager means that most managers who take a proper pride in their skill and their reputation will give you a wide berth.

One of my pet hates about football fans is that old "I'd PAY to play for [insert club name]!! You get paid for it. Shut up and get on wi it and if you ever leave before we want you to then you're a judas turncoat ****bag!"

1. You can't pay to play for them because you're rubbish at football

2. Imagine if you worked in a bank and Pele came in and said "Jeez I love this bank so much... You're so lucky, I'd pay to work here!" You'd think he'd lost it. It's their job.

3. Footballers have financial responsibilities like other people. Many of them also work on short term contracts (especially so for managers!). They have the same right to do what they need to to secure the well-being of themselves and their families. If that means moving employers, then they have to do it. It doesn't make them ****, nor does it make them a worse player or manager.

Is Hearts a big job? In Scottish terms it is relatively big. If there wasn't the Vlad factor then there'd be plenty people wanting it.. but if there wasn't the Vlad factor there wouldn't be the money either. Remember, when Levein got the job there wasn't exacly a queue forming.

On Levein... He'd take the job under Vlad if he could... but he wont leave Utd while Eddie is still fighting.

End of random rant ;)

john brownlee

with the managerial roundabout about to kick in down Engerland way

strapon it bound to be on someone's list, whether epl or chumps league

they must be a better option than the tic hoards baying for his blood.

jambojim52
with the managerial roundabout about to kick in down Engerland way

strapon it bound to be on someone's list, whether epl or chumps league

they must be a better option than the tic hoards baying for his blood.

No need to whisper;)

Archived