10 GB broadband

GlasgoJambo

GlasgoJambo

It's just me and the missus and we watch Netflix (on top of browsing). Is 10GB limit a month enough?

I use Sky+ quite a bit and a movie stream can be 2-3GB easily. I would say no based on that and the fact you say you like netflix.

If you do any gaming etc on the side then I very much doubt it would be enough mate. 

heartsfc_fan

10GB won't be enough.

I had 20GB on my previous deal before going unlimited and I hit the limit 2 or 3 times.

No chance. 

I don't have a telly so just watch stuff on catch up and occasional things on Netflix, maybe a couple of hours a day. I just received a statement on usage from Virgin for January to March and I had used 210GB. And I usually don't bother streaming stuff HD which would probably double that. 

It's just me and the missus and we watch Netflix (on top of browsing). Is 10GB limit a month enough?

Me and the Mrs used 230gb last month and you're lucky if we manage to watch one show a night at the best of times.

10g allowance is nothing more than basic broadband designed to entice you in and with Sky it allows them to say "we're giving you it for free"

It's not really enough and you might find your line gets throttled or an additional bill comes in for additional usage.

The People's Chimp

I use 20gb on my phone alone. Why not go unlimited? 

I've just used 10gb in the last hour.

Nowhere near enough

Better call Saul

Folk still have download limits?

:wtf:

It's 2015!

Twaz what I was thinking

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

GlasgoJambo

Ha, thanks for the replies - clearly 10GB is not enough! I want to switch from current provider (EE) and BT is the best option but we can't get fibre in the street and BTs basic package is 10GB - unlimited is an extra ?9 a month - but sounds like that's worth paying.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Good luck getting BT out to install anything. I've been waiting nearly 7weeks for them to come and sort my phone line out!

Gerd Muller

Yep BT are horrendous , took 3 months from ordering fibre to them telling me it cant be done. 4 engineers came out to the box, house etc and basically fobbed me off until a complaint was raised and even then no one knew why. Cancelled the order and went with sky.

GlasgoJambo

Good luck getting BT out to install anything. I've been waiting nearly 7weeks for them to come and sort my phone line out!

There shouldn't be any installing necessary - just sending a router and taking over the line (I fink)

Got sky fibre with 25gb allowance, got email last week saying I'd gone over the allowance and I'd be automatically be upgraded to unlimited if it happens again. Never thought I'd ever be close to the limit but in hindsight I should have went unlimited originally

Got sky fibre with 25gb allowance, got email last week saying I'd gone over the allowance and I'd be automatically be upgraded to unlimited if it happens again. Never thought I'd ever be close to the limit but in hindsight I should have went unlimited originally

I had their basic 2gb limit a few years ago and used to regularly use in the region of 5gb. Despite the threats, they never ever pushed the upgrade on me.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

There shouldn't be any installing necessary - just sending a router and taking over the line (I fink)

They need to inform Openreach that the cables are all laid and the have to come and install a modem in the house apparently.

Goes round in circles as it's impossible to contact Openreach directly and BT just blame them or my builder depending on who the blamed the last time I called them!

Archived