Wimbledon 2015

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

With Wimbledon upon us, who's yer favourite tag going to be?

Despite the whole Murray v Djokovic tag, I am going for a wee outside bet this year.

Who's yer outside tips?

With Wimbledon upon us, who's yer favourite tag going to be?

Despite the whole Murray v Djokovic tag, I am going for a wee outside bet this year.

Who's yer outside tips?

Who would that be?.

I'm going for John Inverdale to finally receive a slap.Backhand or forehand.

Nookie Bear

For all the money Wimbledon creates, we really should have a successor to Andy Murray by now...

Who would that be?.

Thankfully he has been dropped from Today at Wimbledon.

Can't see past Novak for this.

I would have thought the same until the French, where Murray pushed him more than he has done since his back injury then He couldn't cope with Stan in the final.

Wimbledon may throw up a few surprises as the big servers can cause a shock against the worlds top 10 more in this slam than the others,

I think Murray is in the best shape to win a slam again since his op and can see him doing it at Wimbledon.

Failing that this is also Feds best chance to win another one too

Harry Palmer

Great news. A smug welt at the best of times.

Let's hope he gets his punchable pus removed from the egg chasing as well before the next 6 nations.

Do BBC have the Rugby World Cup ? Hope not !

ITV have the rugby and guess who one of the presenters is... :whistling:

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-03-22/itv-announce-star-studded-2015-rugby-world-cup-line-up/

Nookie Bear

I don't have a strong opinion on Inverdale but I take it he is the new "Adrian Chiles social media hate figure",yeah ?

I P Knightley

For all the money Wimbledon creates, we really should have a successor to Andy Murray by now...

Don't get me started on the mis-management of the LTA. My kids play a bit of tennis at fairly high level in their age groups. We've been at national tournaments with the top 32 in their age groups and the combination of delusion among pushy, middle-class parents and clueless arrogance among coaches convinces me that there will be no shining stars coming through in the next ten years unless they stay out of the LTA system.

I met and had a chat with Oliver Golding (won the US Junior Open in 2011). He's give up competing, putting it down to lack of finance. Truth is, he's a spoilt brat - real mummy's boy who couldn't hack it when things got tough. The kid he beat in that Open is now in the top 50 in the world and going great guns. I asked Golding how that happened to be when they were both at the same point 3-4 years ago; no real answer. Just pathetic.

I would have thought the same until the French, where Murray pushed him more than he has done since his back injury then He couldn't cope with Stan in the final.

Wimbledon may throw up a few surprises as the big servers can cause a shock against the worlds top 10 more in this slam than the others,

I think Murray is in the best shape to win a slam again since his op and can see him doing it at Wimbledon.

Failing that this is also Feds best chance to win another one too

Murray's in fantastic shape. One of the commentators this morning was saying just how on top of everything he seems to be. As ever, it's only his own head that will beat him at Wimbledon.

You're right, though, that a couple of big servers will make headway into the later rounds. Murray's very good against the likes of Isner, Karlovic and (we'll see later?) Anderson who are too one-dimensional to make him struggle.

Nookie Bear

Don't get me started on the mis-management of the LTA. My kids play a bit of tennis at fairly high level in their age groups. We've been at national tournaments with the top 32 in their age groups and the combination of delusion among pushy, middle-class parents and clueless arrogance among coaches convinces me that there will be no shining stars coming through in the next ten years unless they stay out of the LTA system.

I met and had a chat with Oliver Golding (won the US Junior Open in 2011). He's give up competing, putting it down to lack of finance. Truth is, he's a spoilt brat - real mummy's boy who couldn't hack it when things got tough. The kid he beat in that Open is now in the top 50 in the world and going great guns. I asked Golding how that happened to be when they were both at the same point 3-4 years ago; no real answer. Just pathetic.

Murray's in fantastic shape. One of the commentators this morning was saying just how on top of everything he seems to be. As ever, it's only his own head that will beat him at Wimbledon.

You're right, though, that a couple of big servers will make headway into the later rounds. Murray's very good against the likes of Isner, Karlovic and (we'll see later?) Anderson who are too one-dimensional to make him struggle.

Interesting to hear an insiders view of it.

It's probably the same in football except, in tennis, there is a much smaller pool of talent to choose from so you can't let anyone get away like Golding did.

chester copperpot

Who would that be?.

I probably should have pointed out that I hadn't picked an outsider for Wimbledon and was relying on some random KB'er to give me some tips eh?

DUH!

Archived