US Open

Darren

Getintaethem

Speith and Mickleson.

Like the form of a few outsiders Matsuyama, Snedeker, Keopka, Fuyrk and Na.

As usual the U.S. Open will really test them all.

Samuel Camazzola

Koepka, Furyk and Dustin Johnson. Fowler has an impressive majors record if late.

Maroon Sailor

Rickie Fowler, Patrick Reed, Cameron Tringale and Kevin Kisner

Fowler and Stenson to win, Willet ew and Kuchar top ten. The latter two primarily as I had free bets to use up.

Captain America

Fancy Phil to complete Grand slam

E/W bets are Gmac, Horschel & Willet

Dark horses are Ben Martin & Cheng-Tsung Pan

and usual bet on Westwood. More out of tradition rather than expectation.

Ryan Moore having a stormer at Ascot. I've backed him at 66/1 for this.

Read a couple of articles in US sports magazines and they said he was a good each way bet.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Tiger having a nightmare start with bogeys on the first two holes. It could be a very long round for him.

Greens look really weird :cornette: also, why are the bunkers a dirty brown colour. I thought it was a dirty marshland at first glance :lol:

skinnybob72

Course looks utter shite - greens at Craigentinny are better than this place!

Forgot about so that means I have lost no money :) . Havent looked at leaderboard yet but Reed/Snedeker/Na would've been my bets plus maybe Speith but the odds would probably be too low for me.

Say What Again

Cheers Westwood ya ***** :lol:

Get back into contention, then triple bogey the last. Dick.

hmfc_liam06

Watched a bit of it last night, how horrible do those greens look!? Difficult to see the ball landing on it.

Maroon Sailor

Watched a bit of it last night, how horrible do those greens look!? Difficult to see the ball landing on it.

I can't pick the ball out at all on some greens and rely on the commentators saying things like it should feed round from there - the only green that looks like a green is the 13th

hmfc_liam06

I can't pick the ball out at all on some greens and rely on the commentators saying things like it should feed round from there - the only green that looks like a green is the 13th

The organisers are saying they replicate the look of famous UK links courses...never seen any greens like those here!

Poulter is correct, windmills and clowns is the only things missing, an abortion of a golf course course. US Open deserves much better.

A USGA official amateur golfer picked this venue and is also setting it up, staggering!

is any of Saturday or Sunday on BBC or ITV, for those of us who don't have Sky?

What about Jason Day keeling over with vertigo and another player was hospitalised on Thursday.

More of an endurance test than a golf test.

If Monty slips over and rolls down one of these hills it will be measured on the Richter Scale.

Jason Day has been diagnosed with vertigo. He's already had to pull out of 2 or 3 tournaments earlier this season as a result.

is any of Saturday or Sunday on BBC or ITV, for those of us who don't have Sky?

Alas not. Sky only this one.

I think the course is brilliant! Seeing players out of their comfort zone and having to think about their shots instead of just bombing it down the fairway and a wedge with spin to the flag is a welcome change for me.

hmfc_liam06

I think the course is brilliant! Seeing players out of their comfort zone and having to think about their shots instead of just bombing it down the fairway and a wedge with spin to the flag is a welcome change for me.

There's challenging then there's ridiculous. For me this course borders on the ridiculous.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Palmer with a scathing attack on the course today.

Player wasn't particularly complimentary either.

There's challenging then there's ridiculous. For me this course borders on the ridiculous.

I agree. The U.S has enough difficult courses that they can use without going this far.

Away from this mutant course, every shot a pro plays is given a great deal of thought. Not all bombs find the fairway and every second shot is certainly not a wedge.

Maroon Sailor

Ben Martin birdied the 1st to go to 4 under one shot off the lead and ends up at +13 after carding an 86 !

After his 15ft birdie putt ended up in the bunker at the 2nd he went on to double bogey the hole and he just unravelled after that

Getintaethem

Backed Speith so still in with a shout. What about Jason Day though!? Does this guy only turn up for majors? He's always there or there abouts in the big tournaments but you never hear about him in the lesser week-in-week-out ones. Would be a spectacular achievement to win this after collapsing during the second round and having to finish his round looking like he had borrowed Bambi's legs.

The Old Tolbooth

6/1 taken about the South African lad, that's a huge price considering he's joint leader!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived