Tynie on telly tonight!

kenneth makela

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Was enjoying the episode generally with the flashback storyline having all the great shots of Edinburgh then up pops Tynie and our beautiful crest :yas:

Anyone see The Syndicate tonight? Scene shot at Tynecastle.

Blackford Hill, Victoria St, Princes St Gardens and ... somewhere else too (can't remember where ... duh)

Samuel Camazzola

Slightly off topic, there was a programme on Channel 4 at the weekend about the 90's which covered a segment on football and the introduction of David Beckham. The footage included Manchester United against Motherwell then against us. We were wearing the grey Bukta shirt which I think had the Miller Homes Sponsor.

Does anyone recall this game? If so, was it a pre-season or u21/youth game? The snippet was very brief but enough to identify Motherwell and Hearts.

I think the programme will be on demand.

Blackford Hill, Victoria St, Princes St Gardens and ... somewhere else too (can't remember where ... duh)

Actually top of pentlands with the horses

Slightly off topic, there was a programme on Channel 4 at the weekend about the 90's which covered a segment on football and the introduction of David Beckham. The footage included Manchester United against Motherwell then against us. We were wearing the grey Bukta shirt which I think had the Miller Homes Sponsor.

Does anyone recall this game? If so, was it a pre-season or u21/youth game? The snippet was very brief but enough to identify Motherwell and Hearts.

Yes

Fitzroy Pointon

I seen that. It was the Milk Cup.

Actually top of pentlands with the horses

Wrong. I live in Grange Loan, and know the view very well.

I could take you to the spot virtually.

Blackford Hill I thought from a quick glance from FFing through it earlier.

Wrong. I live in Grange Loan, and know the view very well.

I could take you to the spot virtually.

Mate your wrong the bit where he's with the girl and horses is Pentlands.

East of bonaly.

Guarenteed

Mate your wrong the bit where he's with the girl and horses is Pentlands.

East of bonaly.

Guarenteed

I could virtually see my house. I saw Trotter Haugh and Carlton Cricket Club.

FarmerTweedy

image_zpsyj0kr4jf.jpg

There's absolutely no way that's shot in the Pentlands!  Look how close the nearest buildings are!

The shots from the Blackford hill was brilliant. One of my favourite spots in Edinburgh.

Then, of course, Tynecastle comes on.

:wub:

Boroughmuir high school?

Son Of Anarchy

Boroughmuir high school?

Correct! By the way the horse scene was shot up the Braids ( sounds sore that ;) ) definitely not the pentlands.

Correct! By the way the horse scene was shot up the Braids ( sounds sore that ;) ) definitely not the pentlands.

No no.

Blackford Hill.

Look at the 3 blocks of new-ish flats - Trotter Haugh

Use google earth.

I was listening to an audiobook the other day. Great Britain's Great War by Jeremy Paxman. We got a mention in there also for McCrae's Batallion. Funny how proud it makes you feel when you get random mentions of Hearts in a positive context.

Just flicked through it on iplayer to see the whole 10 second clip of Tynie!!!

...and whoever mentioned Trotter Haugh was spot on. That scene has been shot on the side of the Observatory, atop Blackford Hill. How some could think that was the Pentlands I dunno!!!???

stirlingshirejambo

No no.

Blackford Hill.

Look at the 3 blocks of new-ish flats - Trotter Haugh

Use google earth.

blackford hill

with carlton cricket club clearly visible

Just flicked through it on iplayer to see the whole 10 second clip of Tynie!!!

...and whoever mentioned Trotter Haugh was spot on. That scene has been shot on the side of the Observatory, atop Blackford Hill. How some could think that was the Pentlands I dunno!!!???

blackford hill

with carlton cricket club clearly visible

I thenk yow.

Sure they filmed a segment inside the ground as well. Must of been cut if they only showed the outside.

When i were a lad, trotter's haugh was just allotments. Better that way too.

Archived