Walking Football starts at Tynecastle - club taking sign ups now

redm

Hi all. Some info for you on a new Walking Football initiative for over 50s...

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/pages/walking-football

Walking Football, a slow-paced version of the beautiful game aimed at the over 50s, will be kicking off at Tynecastle this August.

We are looking for people to join us for this brand new programme which has been funded by our partners at the Scottish FA

Walking Football is designed to help people keep or kick-start an active lifestyle despite their age, as well as getting those back playing football who had to stop due to injuries.

As the name suggests, Walking Football is non-contact and anyone that sprints, runs or jogs while the ball is in play will be penalised with a free-kick awarded to the other team.

The game is played on a pitch 20/40 yards in length and 15/30 yards in width with the game restarted via a kick, roll or throw-in.

By playing 1 hour a week for 3 months it enables players to cover 30 miles and burn 4,200 calories!

As well as ?a kick at the ball? each week every player will be invited back inside to Tynecastle for food and refreshments which will form the additional and just as important social aspect of the programme

Walking Football at Heart of Midlothian will initially take place for 6-weeks on the grass community pitch behind the Wheatfield Stand at Tynecastle on Tuesday?s 11, 18, 25, August 1, 8 & 15 September 2015, 12:00-1:00pm.

To register for this FREE programme email [email protected] and include the following information

?         Full Name

?         DOB

?         Daytime Phone Number

?         Email Address

?         Medical Conditions (if applicable)

Heard of this happening at a few clubs in the last year or two and seems to be really popular.  Great way to spend a lunchtime too - a kick about then some soup and sandwiches at Tynie. :thumbsup:

I'm sure this was played on the pitch at half time during the last derby at Easter road

Walking my erse!! Most of them were running.

I'm sure this was played on the pitch at half time during the last derby at Easter road

Yep, they did indeed, looked chronic as half time 'entertainment ' but fair play to those taking part and trying to get fitter.

It was, my dad's a hibby and was one of the guys playing. His first time at a derby in years too and they won. He should stick to fly fishing at weekends [emoji34]

chester copperpot

It was, my dad's a hibby and was one of the guys playing. His first time at a derby in years too and they won. He should stick to fly fishing at weekends [emoji34]

:lol:

Broxburn Jambo

Walking Football, a slow-paced version of the beautiful game aimed at the over 50s, will be kicking off at Tynecastle this August.

We are looking for people to join us for this brand new programme which has been funded by our partners at the Scottish FA

Walking Football is designed to help people keep or kick-start an active lifestyle despite their age, as well as getting those back playing football who had to stop due to injuries.

As the name suggests, Walking Football is non-contact and anyone that sprints, runs or jogs while the ball is in play will be penalised with a free-kick awarded to the other team.

The game is played on a pitch 20/40 yards in length and 15/30 yards in width with the game restarted via a kick, roll or throw-in.

By playing 1 hour a week for 3 months it enables players to cover 30 miles and burn 4,200 calories!

As well as ?a kick at the ball? each week every player will be invited back inside to Tynecastle for food and refreshments which will form the additional and just as important social aspect of the programme

Walking Football at Heart of Midlothian will initially take place for 6-weeks on the grass community pitch behind the Wheatfield Stand at Tynecastle on Tuesday?s 11, 18, 25, August 1, 8 & 15 September 2015, 12:00-1:00pm.

To register for this FREE programme email [email protected] and include the following information

?         Full Name

?         DOB

?         Email Address

Heard of this happening at a few clubs in the last year or two and seems to be really popular.  Great way to spend a lunchtime too - a kick about then some soup and sandwiches at Tynie. :thumbsup:

I would love to try this, as I qualify under age and fitness requirements, but 12:00 midweek just doesn't work for guys like me that still have to graft.

colinmaroon

?         Full Name

?         DOB

?         Email Address

I'm waiting for the sitting football myself!

I'm waiting for the sitting football myself!

Crab Football is immense!

:yas:

The first trial of it was during the second half of the 2012 Cup final.

:whistling:

JohnnyPunter

A healthy response so far with a good few applications coming in :-)

Even talk of a Walking Football Derby vs the Hibs programme

Walking Football ? john Sutton should be good at this, he's had plenty experience

Been available at Saughton for some time.

I have sent my application in.

Hopefully will be accepted

There was a piece on this in the lead up to the ICT/Falkirk cup final, another good initiative for our community team to include.

Ibrahim Tall

Out of curiosity how do you win the ball off someone? Without being able to run its surely practically impossible to catch someone aslong as they don't walk into you?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived