Warburton confirmed for Rangers

alyp

loveofthegame

A bit meh about it - great job at Brentford last few years but very new to the management game and no proven long term track record.

No guarantees he'll get it right.

Hope he makes an absolute PLG of it.

I don't, as I think he wold have been a good manager for them. If the players nkw, respond in the same way, then I might go along with it, though.

His fatal mistake, was trying to change the players' lifestyle, including Barry Ferguson's. That pissed off the pllayers, who would not buy into it. Guess which side the press took.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I don't, as I think he wold have been a good manager for them. If the players nkw, respond in the same way, then I might go along with it, though.

His fatal mistake, was trying to change the players' lifestyle, including Barry Ferguson's. That pissed off the pllayers, who would not buy into it. Guess which side the press took.

Admittedly with the scale of the clear out there, Warburton won't face the same level of resistance from the Monster Munch massive, if he has the audacity to introduce proper fitness work.

Jambof3tornado

Cant really figure out why they have gone for him other than coz he works with Davie Weir.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Cant really figure out why they have gone for him other than coz he works with Davie Weir.

Maybe he's to be their Craig Levein going forward? Restructure the set up and join boardroom to football dept? Does he not have experience of the boardroom? It all feels a bit like looking at our model and trying to recreate it on a larger scale to me.

Maybe he's to be their Craig Levein going forward? Restructure the set up and join boardroom to football dept? Does he not have experience of the boardroom? It all feels a bit like looking at our model and trying to recreate it on a larger scale to me.

Nah - he moved out of that specifically to go into management

Tbf Le Guen also signed some complete donkeys. Changing the culture at a team that needs to win every week isn't made easier by you replacing players with clear downgrades.

indianajones

His first lines - 'club of this stature. walked around the stadium and you can smell the history'.

Trying to please the brainless clowns from the first minute.

Their history stretches back a whopping three years.

Hope he is a huge failure.

Admittedly with the scale of the clear out there, Warburton won't face the same level of resistance from the Monster Munch massive, if he has the audacity to introduce proper fitness work.

"Monster Munch Massive" :) :) that's brilliant

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Nah - he moved out of that specifically to go into management

Am I right in thinking though, Rangers have virtually no scouting network anymore? Wee Stevie etc? It's also hard to deny they have stalled slightly in terms of producing their own players from Murray Park, not completely, but for a club their size, until recently they've had a few barren years producing their own.

You might be right though, I just think his experience in those circles will have played a part in his appointment.

luckyBatistuta

His first lines - 'club of this stature. walked around the stadium and you can smell the history'.

To be fair the smell is strong through there. Stinking hole.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

You can smell their history alright... you can just about taste it. :yucky:

The hardcore "Celtic-minded" will boycott the bread.

...and I'm not joking.

It's the lingering smell of the shite the previous tennents left behind.

In case anyone missed his press conference it went:

"Blah blah VALUE blah blah VALUE blah blah VALUE"

I think its a good appointment for Rangers, sure he can use his knowledge of English football to get a couple of decent players over. Will be a very close run battle for the title between Hibs/Rangers but hopefully St.Mirren can make it interesting too.

ToadKiller Dog

One guy us missing from the succsesful 3 at Brentford the DoF Frank Mcparland who was a former chief scout at Liverpool he has gone to Burnley . Was his role also important in the bit of success at Brentford .

Brentford could also be seen as a bit unique because of the owner being different from the norm .

Interesting appointment for the Orcs , but they really should go up next season who ever is the boss , more so if they are over investing .

Hope he knows what he is getting himself in for!

Nah im sure he just walked in blindfolded and had a coin flipped for him - heads and you take the job.

:cornette:

If for some reason Warburton was linked with us, i would be happy enough with his record to think he would be successful.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If for some reason Warburton was linked with us, i would be happy enough with his record to think he would be successful.

Definitely.

Jambof3tornado

Nah im sure he just walked in blindfolded and had a coin flipped for him - heads and you take the job.

:cornette:

A flippant reply but will he really appreciate half of glasgow suddenly developing a deep hatred of him and his family?

I know nothing of Warburton, however one thing I guarantee you - David Weir will be an annoying mouthpiece on the touchline!

The Real Maroonblood

I know nothing of Warburton, however one thing I guarantee you - David Weir will be an annoying mouthpiece on the touchline!

He is a complete fud.

Gigolo-Aunt

Seems to have been footballs worst kept secret.

Must have had some assurances on the money he has to spend.

Back to 2005

No doubt Mr King has told him he has a huge war chest at his disposal. Which I'm sure will be true...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

No doubt Mr King has told him he has a huge war chest at his disposal. Which I'm sure will be true...

With the amount of players leaving from the wage bill, I doubt it'd take too much money added to that to build a decent enough squad... unfortunately.

Victor Meldrew

I know nothing of Warburton, however one thing I guarantee you - David Weir will be an annoying ringpiece on the touchline!

FTFY

A flippant reply but will he really appreciate half of glasgow suddenly developing a deep hatred of him and his family?[/quote

Exactly my point. People not familiar with the Ugly sisters just don't get what they are walking in to. And all the warnings in the world won't prepare his family for the hatred they are now likely to face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we have a Championship thread to keep stuff like this and Hibs all in one place?

That's a very good suggestion.  A permanent thread entitled SPFL Lower Divisions, just like the BBC.

On that subject, our stories on the BBC are still appearing under that heading.

Disgraceful.

Seymour M Hersh

The war chest is enormous unfortunately it's empty.

post-1316-0-25105500-1434392416_thumb.jpeg

Hope he makes a shop front of it, gets binned and then Weir takes over and makes an even bigger mess of it. 

Goldstone Wonder

I know very little about him but it wouldn't surprise me if he is a success there in the short term. They were always going to get their act together at some point.

Like King assured the courts in South Africa he had done nothing wrong??

Yes, I'm sure he has had a lot of assurances.

A flippant reply but will he really appreciate half of glasgow suddenly developing a deep hatred of him and his family?[/quote

Exactly my point. People not familiar with the Ugly sisters just don't get what they are walking in to. And all the warnings in the world won't prepare his family for the hatred they are now likely to face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure that as a good number 2 DW will have tried his best to advise his boss on the ways of the arse cheeks and what to expect.

Captain Canada

Looks a good appointment on paper but he's got a huge job on his hands to assemble a whole new team and get them to gel in time for the new season.

McCall has every right to feel aggrieved though. He turned an awful team into an average one and couldn't bring in any of his own players.

If he replicates his record at Brentford, Sevco can look forward to finishing next season on 63 points.  This season they managed 67.

disgruntledfan

Im a bit meh about it to be honest, I just cant help thinking why no other championship club or even a premier league club took a punt on him, if he is that highly regarded. In the last month there have been numerous clubs looking for a manager. Unless, he was actually unofficially off the market as he had already been tapped up by Sevco. Good luck to him because he is going to need it, I just hope he fails miserably on this part of his managerial journey.

Looks a good appointment on paper but he's got a huge job on his hands to assemble a whole new team and get them to gel in time for the new season.

McCall has every right to feel aggrieved though. He turned an awful team into an average one and couldn't bring in any of his own players.

They won seven out of 17 games under McCall, drew at home to Livingston and Alloa and were pumped rotten by Motherwell. 

Archived