Managers Who Are Worth 350k?

Italian Lambretta

Italian Lambretta

Just wondered what managers are presently unemployed that would merit 350grand a year?

I didin't actually think McGhee or any other scottish based manager was worth that sort of amount and can't really think of anyone else who would justify such a high salary.

So who do think would merit 350k a year?:confused:

alwaysthereinspirit

You're worth what someone is willing to pay.

Is Ronaldo really worth 50-75 million.

Is Terry really worth 135,000 a week.

Mad is desperate.

Boaby Ewing

I was actually surprised at how little McGhee was on, even at a diddy club like Motherwell.

Italian Lambretta

There must be better qualified European managers kicking about who know the British game?

Someone thats worth the money.

All to do with the money generated by the club. Man Utd and the like generate obscene amounts of dosh each season so it's players are on big bucks. Ferguson must be on a stupid amount of cash as he's been there forever!!

If Vlad is willing to pay utter sh*te ?5k or more each week any manager would expect a similarly high wage. Just like in other professions, big companies pay big salaries to those at the top, that's how they attract the best.

Drylaw Hearts
Just wondered what managers are presently unemployed that would merit 350grand a year?

I didin't actually think McGhee or any other scottish based manager was worth that sort of amount and can't really think of anyone else who would justify such a high salary.

The only Scottish based Manager I would be happy to pay that money to is Craig Levein.

Then we go South.............

Championship :

Aidrian Boothroyd

Paul Sturrock

Alan Irvine

I P Knightley

You rang??

I'd do it for that - honest I would.

Seriously. We've seen that paying players 8 to 12 grand a week guarantees effall.

At the same time, we've seen the damage possible by not having a decent manager.

Therefore, it makes sense to get a decent manager in at under ?7000 a week, surely?

The Wicker Man

That's probably the going rate for us.

Joe Jordon was on ?120k+ according to a newspaper article - back then.

Tall's wage saving alone, would pay for a manager.

I think in this case you have to look at what we hope the incoming manager can achieve. If he's going to get us into 3rd he would be deemed worth it due to the finance generated. If we would still be bottom 6 he wouldn't be.

Some of the managers being discussed give you the feeling that we would be able to challenge, some definitely don't. That's the answer I reckon.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I personally dont think MM is/was worth 350k a year but that might be sour grapes.

Rudolf's Mate

You wouldn't hear any complaints from me if we got someone in like topmoller or whatever his name was. Took Bayer Leverkusen to the CL final playing really good attacking football...... Didn't turn up for the final mind you!

walton1983
The only Scottish based Manager I would be happy to pay that money to is Craig Levein.

Championship :

Aidrian Boothroyd

Paul Sturrock

Alan Irvine

None of the above would leave their job and work for Romanov. With the money on offer there will be someone out there willing to put up with the crap but as yet we don't know who.Longerv term there will always be trouble as long as Romanov is in charge.

Seymour M Hersh

Me! :)

Seymour M Hersh

Championship :

Aidrian Boothroyd

Paul Sturrock

Alan Irvine

How about Dave Jones?

What gives you the better value?

A good manager who will sort the club out for ?8K a week, or a Senegalese right back who hardly kicked a ball and was on ?9K a week.

It's a no brainer.

No expense should be spared on bringing in a good manager.

Ian Halloway ( Sacked from leicester but would definately do a job for us )

Billy Davies ( Still not sure about him )

JJ BB ( First Choice from now on i think )

Andy Watson ( Rangers Assitant Manager ) he must know alot about brittish players by now.

Gordon Chisholm( has been tipped by Daily Record )

Robbo ( Would take him back legend )

what about gary mackay lol

Hans von Luck
Ian Halloway ( Sacked from leicester but would definately do a job for us )

Billy Davies ( Still not sure about him )

JJ BB ( First Choice from now on i think )

Andy Watson ( Rangers Assitant Manager ) he must know alot about brittish players by now.

Gordon Chisholm( has been tipped by Daily Record )

Robbo ( Would take him back legend )

what about gary mackay lol

Sorry NO to all 6 of them.

And Gary MacKay yes lol

Horatio Caine
How about Dave Jones?

He's got a good locker, apparently. Just the place to store some of our dross.

Archived