Why an 8 Day Interview ?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Why does the Heart of Midlothian FC Managerial vacancy require an 8 day

stay in Lithuania ? And by the way make your own way there !

Probably the same question MM asked himself moments before he asked for his bags to be taken off the plane.

I thought it wasn't an interview? I thought it was to discuss what they both want from Hearts, what the expectations are etc.

8 days is still extreme if it's actually true.

End of the 8 days parade the manager and a few new signings?

how happy would we have all been!

Drylaw Hearts
Why does the Heart of Midlothian FC Managerial vacancy require an 8 day

stay in Lithuania ? And by the way make your own way there !

I don't think it was an 8 Day interview.

I think he was on his way to sign an already pre-agreed deal and spend the rest of the time there putting together his plans for next Season.

I think his change of mind has caught EVERYONE by surprise.

ToadKiller Dog

I think he was on his way to sign an already pre-agreed deal and spend the rest of the time there putting together his plans for next Season.

Agree with above ,i think its Mcghee thats let Hearts down ,our mistake was to not have someone with him at the airport.

Did Burley not spend time over there before officially made manager?

paulyjambo

I'd imagine that if brought on board he would have been expected to look at all the kaunas players to asses them and hopefully sign them, maybe even the same with Ripo

Either that or than plan was to brainwash the guy, or kill him if he refuded to sign?

You'd be staying in a house somewhat like a Bond villain's, monitored by cameras 24/7 with a team of psychologists analysing your every move and listening for any mention of the OF ;)

Drylaw Hearts
Agree with above ,i think its Mcghee thats let Hearts down ,our mistake was to not have someone with him at the airport.

Did Burley not spend time over there before officially made manager?

Yes he did.

On that occassion he was out work and had no other suiters.

McGhee had a boss that didn't want to lose him and for the first time in his Managerial career he's shown a bit of loyalty.

ToadKiller Dog
Yes he did.

McGhee had a boss that didn't want to lose him and for the first time in his Managerial career he's shown a bit of loyalty.

True but was it loyalty to Well or somewhere else??

I'd imagine that if brought on board he would have been expected to look at all the kaunas players to asses them and hopefully sign them, maybe even the same with Ripo

Either that or than plan was to brainwash the guy, or kill him if he refuded to sign?

blofeld.jpg

Goodbye Mr McGhee.

ToadKiller Dog

If true then

I would suggest that Mcghee stays away from sushi bars in the future and watches out for his hair thinning and skin falling off.

Bootboy100

Yip would agree with that.

Has there been any actual quote from MM to say he was away for an 8 day interview or was this a red top myth?

Fenerjambo

8 days?!! Nae wonder MM had a change of heart when about to check-in for the Vilnius flight.Didn't he have holidays booked for next week?? Vilnius or the Carribean for 8 days?? I know where I would want to go!!

Drylaw Hearts
Yip would agree with that.

Has there been any actual quote from MM to say he was away for an 8 day interview or was this a red top myth?

I've not seen another quote by MM since this mornings papers.

There is not even an official story on the 'Well site.

They still only have quotes from todays rags.

What is even stranger is that John Boyle was on SSN about 8 hours ago telling them that MM had signed a NEW 2 year deal yet there is still nothing on the 'Well site.

Independence

I think MM is getting off very lightly in all this.

I have no doubt that a deal was made that would have resulted in MM becoming Hearts manager in January this year but when the PO tragic incident happened it was decided to wait untill the end of the season.

Because of this Hearts waited and stuck by Frail and in doing so subjected us, the paying fans, to dross games and a bottom 6 finish.

MM has a lot to answer for!!!!!!!

For what its worth, although I would have welcomed him with open arms, I am now glad he turned his back on us. Decisive..NO Stable...NO

If Vlad did decide not to agree to a clause 1that if smeltic came after him he would be allowed to leave1 then nice one Vlad!

Archived