Heath Ledger found dead

Ulysses

Found dead this afternoon in his manhattan home according to the BBC, police say its possibly a drug related death!:eek:

rudi must stay
That came as a surprise......!!

i no, thought this was a wind up when i saw the title. Can't really believe it

The joker in the new batman film!

Did they finish filming?

Yeah, according to Wikipedia they had finished, but cant trust that!

When will they learn

We don't know WHY this happened or even if this is true...c'mon...u guys know wot the media r like...anything to sell newspapers etc.....the guy is dead.....he can't answer or defend himself....leave him be...am not saying it was right or wrong but we, as the public, have no right to judge this man.....we do not know wot difficulties he may have had in his life....yeah, u lot will shoot me down in flames for defending the guy, but wotever happened to innocent till proven guilty??? we know nothing of this man's personal life and despite him being a hollywood star, we have NO right to jump to conclusions.....he is dead....leave him be!

rudi must stay
Yeah, according to Wikipedia they had finished, but cant trust that!

think they've finished filmed now, got a release date for the summer and there's a few trailers on youtube

ArmiyaRomanova

Just had this confirmed by Hollywood Reporter email. Seems he died in his Manhattan apartment and it's suspected to be drugs-related.

Poor guy. Good actor too.

I P Knightley

IF his death is due to drugs, then he's a selfish ba5t4rd.

He's got a 2-year-old daughter.

Edit: I realise that I jumped to a conclusion that he died due to substance abuse.

A shame.

He did quite a famous scene in '10 things I hate about you', singing 'Can't take my eyes off you'.

Buffalo Bill

loveofthegame

Came as a bit of a shock. Always seemed 'quiet' and certainly not a celeb you'd read about in the gossip columns etc. You wonder why they do it...

Such a waste

He was good in "Two Hands" and "A Knight's Tale" was enjoyable fluff. I fell asleep shortly into "Bareback Mountain".

I saw the headline in the local free rag this afternoon "Heath Dead" and thought it strange as they don't usually headline politicians, and I was sure the Grocer died years ago.

Darth Sidious

Hope The Joker is killed off at the end of The Dark Knight or they could have a tricky recasting for sequels. Suppose it has not affected Kate Cruise becoming Maggie Gyllenhaal (sp?).

RIP Your career was just about to rocket.

Shame on the kid and family like any death but people die like this everyday, they also leave kids with a lot less chance in life than his poor child.

Sorry, doesnt really leave me with any emotion.

Just had this confirmed by Hollywood Reporter email. Seems he died in his Manhattan apartment and it's suspected to be drugs-related.

Poor guy. Good actor too.

Why did you need it confirmed? It was all over the Internet?

abstract_girl
Hope The Joker is killed off at the end of The Dark Knight or they could have a tricky recasting for sequels. Suppose it has not affected Kate Cruise becoming Maggie Gyllenhaal (sp?).

RIP Your career was just about to rocket.

it will be ironic though if his last ever scene in his last ever movie is of him dying as the joker in batman tho!

its such a shame, i feel for his little girl! :(

Shame on the kid and family like any death but people die like this everyday, they also leave kids with a lot less chance in life than his poor child.

Sorry, doesnt really leave me with any emotion.

Agree.

The fact that it was the top story on the Radio 2 news provoked a more emotive response from me rather than the actual piece itself.

Actor chap dies and the world stops spinning on its axis. Sad, in so many ways...:(

Agree.

The fact that it was the top story on the Radio 2 news provoked a more emotive response from me rather than the actual piece itself.

Actor chap dies and the world stops spinning on its axis. Sad, in so many ways...:(

Almost cut off my good ladys hand last night, as soon as she found out she chucked on Fox news cos it would be more exciting.

FOX News is banned in my house except in serious circumstances like OJ Simpson going on the rampage in a shopping mall or something similar.

FOX News is banned in my house except in serious circumstances like OJ Simpson going on the rampage in a shopping mall or something similar.

Even then, would you believe what you were seeing? :P

Freekin aussies ...

...barbituates, booze and belts

...Ledger, Bonn Scott*, Hutchence

Any chance that Paul Hogan might want to go and join them ? Thought not...

*OK, I know he was born in bonnie Scotland...

Freekin aussies ...

...barbituates, booze and belts

...Ledger, Bonn Scott*, Hutchence

Any chance that Paul Hogan might want to go and join them ? Thought not...

*OK, I know he was born in bonnie Scotland...

Fair play to them, they certainly know how to have fun....

Apparently Celtic have asked the SPL to postpone thier game on sunday??

Wouldent put it past them, according to his IMDb page Heath is of Irish and Scottish ancestry, so can see them working with that angle.:ninja:

Can we have an RIP thread please ?

I once saw a film he was in. His death puts it all into persepctive. I don't know why or how but I will say it anyway. ;)

Say What Again

BBC lunchtime news had him as 'one of the finest actors of his generation'.

Utter crap.

What the hell would they say if De Niro, Paccino or Arnie :P died?

And what about Travolta? 'He was my favourite actor and touched me deeply within with his talent'. :Icky:

OK the guys dead, nobody's happy about it but there's no need for this guff.

Say What Again
Can we have an RIP thread please ?

I once saw a film he was in. His death puts it all into persepctive. I don't know why or how but I will say it anyway. ;)

;)

Agreed.

RIP Heath. My thoughts are with his friends and family at this time :wacko:

BBC lunchtime news had him as 'one of the finest actors of his generation'.

Utter crap.

What the hell would they say if De Niro, Paccino or Arnie :P died?

And what about Travolta? 'He was my favourite actor and touched me deeply within with his talent'. :Icky:

OK the guys dead, nobody's happy about it but there's no need for this guff.

The key word there being 'generation'.

Those you have mentioned weren't in his generation.

Imo he was one the finest. Who esle would be up there? Zach Braff maybe.

Say What Again
Imo he was one the finest. Who esle would be up there? Zach Braff maybe.

So he's an average actor at best, around at a time when every else in his 'generation' is worse?

Just looking at the Movie bible IMDb and notice only 2 of his films score more than 7/10 - Brokeback Mountain and Monsters Ball.

The reason I looked is between 5 of us last night we could only name 5 films he'd been in.

The finest actor of his generation? He's the Corey Feldman of his generation imo.

Archived