TV Shows on Virgin for part of series then Netflix

Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh

Was enjoying the new series of Person of Interest on Virgin  cable. Suddenly the series seemed to end half way through. Was looking at catch up on demand when I found the rest of the series (3) but you've got to view it via Netflix (and I assume pay for it).

Has anyone else encountered this and if they have how do you get round having to effectively pay twice for the programme?

The Real Maroonblood

Was enjoying the new series of Person of Interest on Virgin cable. Suddenly the series seemed to end half way through. Was looking at catch up on demand when I found the rest of the series (3) but you've got to view it via Netflix (and I assume pay for it).

Has anyone else encountered this and if they have how do you get round having to effectively pay twice for the programme?

I watch this as well and assume it's a mid season break.

Just found this.

Series 3 of Person Of Interest is taking a mid-season break following the episode broadcast on Monday 11th May. It will return later this year, though no dates have yet been confirmed. We recommend keeping an eye on listings magazines for further details.

Seymour M Hersh

I watch this as well and assume it's a mid season break.

Just found this.

Series 3 of Person Of Interest is taking a mid-season break following the episode broadcast on Monday 11th May. It will return later this year, though no dates have yet been confirmed. We recommend keeping an eye on listings magazines for further details.

Thanks as i'd not seen that. However it does beg the question why they feel episode 6 out of 22 (i think) is "mid-season" yet you can still purchase the remaining episodes via netflix.  Also had not realised they are on season 5 in the USA! 

The Real Maroonblood

Thanks as i'd not seen that. However it does beg the question why they feel episode 6 out of 22 (i think) is "mid-season" yet you can still purchase the remaining episodes via netflix.  Also had not realised they are on season 5 in the USA!

The whole thing does seem strange. The TV listings that I get are usually pretty good informing you what what status a series is at but nothing mentioned about this one.

Chester™

The mid season breaks work daft for a lot of series. Suits usually has their break with less than half to go (so the opposite of this programme).

And just for pedantry, you arent purchasing the remaining episodes via Netflix. ;)

Seymour M Hersh

The mid season breaks work daft for a lot of series. Suits usually has their break with less than half to go (so the opposite of this programme).

And just for pedantry, you arent purchasing the remaining episodes via Netflix. ;)

I'm useless with technology Chester. Are you saying I can happily watch all the remaining episodes on demand via Netflix free of (an extra)charge or is the charge going to Virgin not Netflix?

I'm useless with technology Chester. Are you saying I can happily watch all the remaining episodes on demand via Netflix free of (an extra)charge or is the charge going to Virgin not Netflix?

He's saying that Netflix is a streaming service and you would pay a monthly fee to watch whatever content they had available. You wouldn't be "purchasing" the rest of the season, but you would be able to watch it along with oodles of other good content. Stop paying Netflix and it all disappears.

Chester™

He's saying that Netflix is a streaming service and you would pay a monthly fee to watch whatever content they had available. You wouldn't be "purchasing" the rest of the season, but you would be able to watch it along with oodles of other good content. Stop paying Netflix and it all disappears.

Yup.

If you 'purchased' the content from Netflix, you'd be able to physically store it somewhere. You cant. You only purchase the ability to watch on demand. :)

The Real Maroonblood

Person of Interest returns on Thursday 18th June.

Archived