What's For You Will No Go By You

siegementality

siegementality

So it's not McGhee. I think that in the long run he'll regret that decision more than we will. He's one more person Romanov has to prove wrong.

We'll get the right man, someone who will be 100% committed to Hearts, Romanov just needs to hold his nerve, if there's a list go to the next name on it, if he resorts to type we're back in sheeite street. I hope he does the right thing.

What's for us will no go by us!

siegementality
Livin on a prayer. :)

Just hoping that Romanov hasn't just dipped his toes into football sanity and on being burned resorts to the madness of the pyramid again.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

We want a manager who wants to manage HMFC

If McGhee doesn't want the job then we must respect his honesty

However i do not know what there is to think of with a watertight

?375,000 + bonus a year contract - thats a no brainer in anybody's book

Mark McGhee has not exactly had very much success in management in

15 years , a promotion and taking a small town team to 3rd in the SPL

on a shoestring budget . I do like his style of management and his

attacking football however if it's not to be then it opens the door

to somebody who has the desire to take Hearts forwards and upward back to

where we belong at the top of Scottish Football .

maroonlegions

i think the 350k that was offered to MM has sent a sort of signal out to other managers that this is what vlad is offering and this could be a feeler sent out by vlad to see who will respond, hopefuly we get the right man and not because of the money, i have a niggling doubt that the damage could have been done by vlad in team interference, this has to be eradicated now and only vlad can do this , is any manager willing to take the risk.:confused:

Even Newcastle can get folk lining up to ruin their careers, Hearts is the best job in Scotland outwith the OF but nobody seems interested. If Romanov has had CVs in but deems them not good enough surely he should be targeting big guns and hitting them with a good offer? I'm not talking Mourinho but there must be top flight managers out there or young guns on the way up? Couldn't give a crap if Scottish or not as long as they got autonomy and play an attacking game.

kenny gray
Even Newcastle can get folk lining up to ruin their careers, Hearts is the best job in Scotland outwith the OF but nobody seems interested. If Romanov has had CVs in but deems them not good enough surely he should be targeting big guns and hitting them with a good offer? I'm not talking Mourinho but there must be top flight managers out there or young guns on the way up? Couldn't give a crap if Scottish or not as long as they got autonomy and play an attacking game.

I dont think that is the case now a days I'm afraid. Before yes, but Romanov has ruined the reputation and credibility of our club. Working under Romanov is, I'd imagine a very daunting task for anyone football minded.

Being undermined by a 'non-football' man must make the job one of the most undesirable jobs in football im afraid. Only our proud history and size of our club remains to make this a 'decent' job :mad:

siegementality
i think the 350k that was offered to MM has sent a sort of signal out to other managers that this is what vlad is offering and this could be a feeler sent out by vlad to see who will respond, hopefuly we get the right man and not because of the money, i have a niggling doubt that the damage could have been done by vlad in team interference, this has to be eradicated now and only vlad can do this , is any manager willing to take the risk.:confused:

At 350K a year there'll be plenty of people interested. It's down to Romanov to keep his nose out the team, if he can do that there'll be a queue round the block of willing applicants.

rudi must stay
At 350K a year there'll be plenty of people interested. It's down to Romanov to keep his nose out the team, if he can do that there'll be a queue round the block of willing applicants.

who's gonna believe he'll keep his nose out though? It may hard getting a new manager, even on that money :(

siegementality
who's gonna believe he'll keep his nose out though? It may hard getting a new manager, even on that money :(

pass!

bean counter

The reported 350 k salary is a statement of intent and I believe that as the season finally winds up some more managers are going to be sacked. Some who are not happy will be tempted by that level of remuneration.

No Nonsense
So it's not McGhee. I think that in the long run he'll regret that decision more than we will. He's one more person Romanov has to prove wrong.

We'll get the right man, someone who will be 100% committed to Hearts, Romanov just needs to hold his nerve, if there's a list go to the next name on it, if he resorts to type we're back in sheeite street. I hope he does the right thing.

What's for us will no go by us!

Been thinking the same thing all day. If were gonna use a cliche though- good things come to those who wait;)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

The very fact of ?350k is of course one hell of an inducement, but it was not enough for McGhee. Okay, nothing is black and white and McGhees's "principles" will be put to the test when Celtic come calling. Lets see if he feels "ready" for that "challenge".

I have a niggling thought though that the fact that ?350k is such a huge sum for a Scottish club that there might be an element of BUYING a manager not HIRING one, because I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility for Vlad to think that paying so much for a manager regardless of who they are could mean he will do what he is told as the money is just far too much to knock back. Totally cynical view but worth considering. Anyway McGhee appears to have knocked it back certainly.

I think there has been a major miscalculation here regarding Mark McGhee. I have no doubt in my mind that Celtic FC have played some sort of part. Christ, who knocks back 350 grand if they don't think there may be a payoff greater in the future. McGhee's platitudes about "making the wrong move in the past" seem like stock replies. Christ, he made plenty of them until he ran out of options and came running home to Scotland. I think it should have been noted at the outset by whoever has ran with this possible appointment at the club that Mark McGhee is a classic example of the type of manager that Vlad has previously railed at. Christ more like the epitome. So why him of all people?

Also, I think Billy Davies is in the same bracket. He has made no bones about the fact he wants the Rangers job. He would be a similar proposition to McGhee and worse, he is out of a job.

So who else? In my dreams its Levein, but his circumstances are well known.

So, in view of the fact that maybe JUST maybe Vlad has decided to butt out, why not get someone who's credentials are impeccable, whose feelings and understanding of the Club are not in question, Jim Jefferies.

He would be cheaper and you would know what you were getting. Admittedly after Killie were horsed by those people at the League Cup final I posted that JJ was probably finished. But maybe just maybe the Hearts job would reinvigorate him again.

I think he is probably at the moment our only realistic option.

alwaysthereinspirit

Think you're clutching at straws maroon. Any manager after the job would have had his agent contact Hearts. Find out what's on offer then go from there. No way any decent manager hears that MM was going to make x and then decided to go after the job. We're in deep dog $#!t. Plan B hasn't even been formulated yet.:sad:

Archived