The Specials reform

stevieboobs

stevieboobs

Lead singer of The Specials Terry Hall has revealed that the group are to reunite for a tour this autumn. :)

Hall told Billboard that, after "five years of reservations", the original lineup will come together for the first time in 25 years.

"We've been trying to do it for five years, but we solved those problems and hopefully got over them," Hall said. "Seven 50-year-old men together in a room is not very pleasant, no matter who you are. But we're getting on great and that's all you can hope for, really."

Hall added that the band will only play smaller venues in the UK.

"That's the kind of venue where we started," he explained. "I don't like arena dates, at all. They're just soulless. The very nature of this band, we shouldn't go and play sit-down theatres. It would just be weird. I think we should carry on where we left off."

Nucky Thompson
Lead singer of The Specials Terry Hall has revealed that the group are to reunite for a tour this autumn. :)

Hall told Billboard that, after "five years of reservations", the original lineup will come together for the first time in 25 years.

"We've been trying to do it for five years, but we solved those problems and hopefully got over them," Hall said. "Seven 50-year-old men together in a room is not very pleasant, no matter who you are. But we're getting on great and that's all you can hope for, really."

Hall added that the band will only play smaller venues in the UK.

"That's the kind of venue where we started," he explained. "I don't like arena dates, at all. They're just soulless. The very nature of this band, we shouldn't go and play sit-down theatres. It would just be weird. I think we should carry on where we left off."

Quality:) Terry Hall is right, you couldn't play sit down theatres to music like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWZzsxgH2gY

Nelly Terraces

Fecking magic news!!!

NOte to T. Hall and other members of The Specials: DO NOT PLAY ANY OF THESE GIGS BETWEEN 10TH AND 25TH OCTOBER, AS I AM AWAY IN THE USA ON MA HOLS.

MISSING THIS COMEBACK WILL BE A FRAGGIN NIGHTMARE.

Cheers lads!

NT. TOO MUCH, TOO YOUNG.

cosanostra

Really liking this sort of music at the moment.

The Specials and More Specials are both brilliant. Wonder where they'll play - bet it's in Glasgow any way, probably the Barras or the ABC.

Some excellent tunes from that 2-tone era.

My current favourite.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UhjBiZSfM08

dodethejambo
Quality:) Terry Hall is right, you couldn't play sit down theatres to music like this!

I want all you skinheads to get up on your feet

Put your braces together and your boots on your feet

And give me some of that old moonstomping

Are you ready? Start stomping!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

I want all you skinheads to get up on your feet

Put your braces together and your boots on your feet

And give me some of that old moonstomping

Are you ready? Start stomping!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

The moonstomp should only ever be done by Symarip, none of these young pretenders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkJLg55w65A

Nelly Terraces

Just been listening to a documentary on Two Tone done by Pauline Black of The Selecter, on BBC Radio 6. It's been really good, loads of decent interviews with Dammers, Dave Wakeling and all the other major players at the time. Should be on the 'listen again' facility on the BBC 6 website, if any of you moonstomers out ther are interested.

Got to say, the mixture of music and politics created still means a lot to me now, amazing tunes and message for troubled times.

Cheers. http://2-tone.info/index.html

NT.

Walter Kidd

Never, ever thought this would happen. Will be camping outside for tickets.

Great news.

Nelly Terraces
Never, ever thought this would happen. Will be camping outside for tickets.

Great news.

Too right. See you there. Share a flask of coffee?:P

I must repeat however, NONE of these gigs are allowed to happen between 10 - 25 October when I'm away on my holibags. Think I would be sick to miss seeing them.

NT . The International Jet Set.

bigbadbill

Boring nonentities. Reasonably well known for about five minutes, but not much quality really.

Nucky Thompson
Boring nonentities. Reasonably well known for about five minutes, but not much quality really.
Boring:eek: You're having a laugh:) It's the type of music that gets family weddings, engagement parties etc going, even in this day and age.

Guest Tynie Bubbles
Fecking magic news!!!

NOte to T. Hall and other members of The Specials: DO NOT PLAY ANY OF THESE GIGS BETWEEN 10TH AND 25TH OCTOBER, AS I AM AWAY IN THE USA ON MA HOLS.

MISSING THIS COMEBACK WILL BE A FRAGGIN NIGHTMARE.

Cheers lads!

NT. TOO MUCH, TOO YOUNG.

So that will be the two nights at the Liquid Rooms, one at Fat Sams in Dundee, two at King Tuts in Glasgee and a final Scottish gig at the Corn Exchange followed by three nights in Coventry with the Beat and Selecter as supports you'll be missing then NT????

:P

Only kidding mate ;)

Denny Crane

Remember when Father Ted had "Ghost Town" down as the Irish national anthem in that dodgy disco he and Father Dougal organised!!?

Walter Kidd
Too right. See you there. Share a flask of coffee?:P

I must repeat however, NONE of these gigs are allowed to happen between 10 - 25 October when I'm away on my holibags. Think I would be sick to miss seeing them.

NT . The International Jet Set.

Too right Nelly fellah.

Archived