Top 5 Away Days 2014/2015

WSTR

What have been your top 5 away games this season?

5. Hibs (April 2015) - Even though we lost, it was still great to go to ER as champions.

4. Cowdenbeath (April 2015) - Met some mad American in a pub who invited us back to his house :lol: Enjoyed seeing Brad score.

3. Livingston (Feb 2015) - We managed to get locked in a car park and had to drive out on a footpath :lol: Also enjoyed the atmosphere where I was in the ground

2. Dumbarton (Jan 2015) - Drank in Drew Busbys pub and he bought us Dominoes free of charge. Sat in the home end, spoke to Craig Levein, high fived the Hearts players and then the Dumbarton players so I never blew my cover and topped it off with a dinner in Morrisons caf? :lol:

1. QOS (October 2014) - First time seeing Hearts in my home town, the pub was rocking, the terracing was rocking, enjoyed the twirly, enjoyed the sunshine and enjoyed actually getting to walk home after seeing Hearts as opposed to a near two hour drive. Also enjoyed seeing the Hearts fans just take over the town.

My half sister

5.Cowdenbeath on the 23rd of December.Went from my office Christmas lunch and had a great time in the wee boozer opposite the station in Cowdenbeath after the game

4.Queen of the South in February, the late winner was the icing on the cake

3. Falkirk in November on the day Alloa drew at Ibrox and we went there and destroyed them in the first half. The fact that it's a 10 minute journey from my house was a bonus

2. Hibs on Ozturk day. To see their faces when we equalised in stoppage time was unforgettable

1.rangers on day 1 of the season. We knew them that the championship was won.

Special mentions to Alloa (both times )Dumbarton in January and Livvie in December

Fxxx the SPFL

Cowdenbeath second time round great laugh in Wee Jimmy's and a sing song on the train home

Rangers 1st game we knew something special was ahead.

QoS 1st time Locharbriggs Bowling Club great beevy missed the first two Hearts goals waitng to have a slash at the portaloos

Alloa 1st time agood bevvy in the town centre pub and a win curtesy of Mr Eckersley.

5.Cowdenbeath on the 23rd of December.Went from my office Christmas lunch and had a great time in the wee boozer opposite the station in Cowdenbeath after the game

4.Queen of the South in February, the late winner was the icing on the cake

3. Falkirk in November on the day Alloa drew at Ibrox and we went there and destroyed them in the first half. The fact that it's a 10 minute journey from my house was a bonus

2. Hibs on Ozturk day. To see their faces when we equalised in stoppage time was unforgettable

1.rangers on day 1 of the season. We knew them that the championship was won.

Special mentions to Alloa (both times )Dumbarton in January and Livvie in December

Hibs fans faces was brilliant but seen a picture when I got back of Mark Oxley's face after spending 70 minutes time wasting and realising his own time wasting cost his team 3 points. 

Gorgie_Rules

First time at Alloa stands out for some reason, Ozturk game purely for the 10 minutes before and after the final whistle

3fingersreid

1 Sows winner at ibrox

2 Ozturks first fluke at the bitterdome

3 Keatings hat trick at Kirkaldy

4 Livingston 3-2 game really struggled that day but dug out a win , showed real character

5. Almondvale on 27 December - In the boozer for a good while with Hibs smashing Rangers on in the background. Dire game but big result and a good day on the bevvy.

4. Starks Park in March. Tense game but 2 good late goals sending up 20 points clear. Good train journey on the way up, although was just about sick on the train on the way back!

3. Palmerston in February. It was won before then but that definitely felt like a complete clincher.

2. Ibrox - Opening day. Fantastic to go there and wind them up like crazy and get the win.

1. Easter Road - Ozturk screamer. Kept the unbeaten run alive. Scenes.

5. Alloa in January - "nobody gave them a hiding on their own patch" to paraphrase Stubby. We did!

4. Livingston in the biggest away support in the UK that day. Watched THEM beat the Hun 4-Zip beforehand. Enjoyed the fact that EVERY Hibs v Rangers match turned out as we wanted.

3. For the scenes at Ozturk's equaliser I must include ER. Although until Jamie Walker came on it was pretty brutal from Hearts. Season changing goal.

2. Ibrox on day one. Superb statement of intent. Got to be honest I feared a Rangers winner after Law equalised. What happened next should not be underestimated in the context of the whole season. Dare I say it, it reminded me of Paul McStay's equaliser in 1985/86 opener.

1. Dumbarton in January. Some of the worst conditions you can play football in and Hearts totally mastered them. For me this was easily our best away performance and came off the back of an average overall (albeit a great start) performance at Livi, followed by an average performance in the New Year derby.

loveofthegame

In no partic order:

Rangers day 1 - what a way to win at Ibrox

Hibs Ozturk goal - the best derby goal I'll probably ever see us score, felt as good as any win

Livvy 27th Dec - almost 10,000 Hearts fans, an absolute session with the boys and a good win

QOTS (2nd time) - stayed down for the w/e, unbelievable trip, came back from a goal down and essentially secured the league that day

Alloa (1st time) - not a memorable trip, not a memorable game, but a huge win

In no particular order; Ibrox on opening day, away to Queen of the South & Hibs on Ozturk day.

My other two trips to Ibrox were enjoyable too for differing reasons, so had to include them also. :)

Guest Paul Allen

Raith Rovers (first time) for sunny weather, plus the German beer festival, plus the rout; or QoTS (first time) for the terracing/atmosphere.

Worst was the utter shambles that was Ibrox in January. :veryangry:

We_are_the_Hearts

QotS first visit No 1. Great atmosphere in the town, the pubs and the ground. Great 3-0 win. And seeing a Hun get sparkled at the services on the way home  :2thumbsup:

2nd was Starks Park when Billy King scored as had taken advantage of the King score and win at mad odds at SKY Bet  :2thumbsup:

3rd would be Ibrox first game. Sitting at the segregation and giving it the big GIRUY to the Huns who were still celebrating looking at us and wondered what the **** had just happened  :2thumbsup:

4th would be the first visit to Starks Park, we went top and never looked back and  showed we could cope without Sow

5th would be the Livi 3-2 game, looked like a poor result at a vital time then Anderson scored and the place erupted.

Could have added more, great season......................

1. QOS 2nd trip

2.QOS 1st trip

3. Raith/Beer festival

4. Livy at Christmas

5. Ibrox opening day

Considering every aspect of the day from start to finish ;-

5. Dumbarton . 2nd visit to the Waverley bar. Well looked after by the host, and to top it all a 5-1 win and seeing big Zee on his debut.

4. Hibs on Ozturk day. Great day out pre and post match but a pretty crap game, completely salvaged by one of the most memorable goals I'll ever see.

3. Falkirk second time round. Train, Hole in the Wall, demolition job that all but confirmed us as Champions, Hole in the Wall, Train, fish supper. 

2. QOS second time. Train down was brilliant. Short taxi ride with some fellow Jambos to Dumfries from Lockerbie. Great pre and post match atmosphere in the boozer, and a late winner to top it all off.

1. Has to be the first Raith game. Brilliant footballing display that day AND a German Beer tent. That's a hard combination to surpass. Defo number one for me.

Footnote : I'm pretty sure the first Ibrox match would have been in my top 5 but I couldn't go that day.

Falkirk away -2-1. Rangers mouthing off about pressure bottle etc and went from potentially 1 to 9 points. Solid first half and dug in 2nd

Last game at easter road. As shite as the result was and despite it hurting alot. It was magic to be able to just stand singing knowing we had absolutely wiped the floor all season long and no matter what they did that day. We were the champions

Livi away december. Huge amount of jambos there, all absolutely ecstatic due to the rangers score, listened to it on way in and couldnt believe it. Nervy game but resolute and again showed our dig and determination.

Raith away keatings hatrick. Sun was shining feelgood factor was high loads of jambos at the german beer festival (not me but seen and heard it was magic)

First place

Qots away

everyone saying we will stumble up and its a hard place to go. 3.great goals a solid display. Old school terracing sun shining the mass twirly.

The fact we took over a town and did it in a peaceful manner. A proper 'old school' stadium.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Struggling to rank these.

Maybe an odd choice, but the re-arranged game at Ibrox.  Went there as champions and the performance of the team didn't really have a negative impact on the atmosphere.  Cracking day out from start to finish.

First QOS away game.  Big Hearts crowd in the sunshine.  Enjoyable train journey down and a good atmosphere in the pubs around the ground both before and after the game.

Cowdenbeath away just before Christmas.  12 points clear, a packed train home and the first genuine feeling that we'd done it.  For me anyway.

3-0 away to Falkirk.  Had a first day of the season feel to it for me which added to it.  We wanted to seek revenge for the defeat at Tynecastle and it was a huge 3 points for us.  The game that effectively crowned us champions.

Rangers away on the opening day is the standout winner though.  The scenes when Sow tucked the ball away are right up there with the best goal celebrations I've been a part of.  If only we knew how much better it was going to get at that point.

So many great away trips, and it was difficult to narrow it down to 5.

Archived