Western General

GlasgoJambo

GlasgoJambo

Getting the train through to Edinburgh and then heading to Western General - any ideas on how to get there other than a taxi from Haymarket?

Chester™

If you walk, from Haymarket, to the bus stop opposite Ryan's Bar, you'll get a choice of buses.

Or train to Waverley, up the steps/escalator and the buses stop outside there as well.

GlasgoJambo

If you walk, from Haymarket, to the bus stop opposite Ryan's Bar, you'll get a choice of buses.

Or train to Waverley, up the steps/escalator and the buses stop outside there as well.

Cheers, any ideas of numbers?

Auld Reekin'

Getting the train through to Edinburgh and then heading to Western General - any ideas on how to get there other than a taxi from Haymarket?

You can walk it in around 20-25 minutes from Queensferry St. at the West End (not that the weather today is too great for doing that), or - as Chester says - there are various buses go past it which you can catch from there. Check the route-maps at the bus stops for the right buses.

Chester™

Cheers, any ideas of numbers?

19, 29, 37, 113. The last one goes right into the hospital.

Doctor FinnBarr

Wife asked me the same question last week, I checked things out and managed to send her on a 33 to the Royal, missed her appointment by the time she got there, oops

Les Izemore

Download the Transport for Edinburgh app for free. This has a route planner, timetables, live arrival times, route maps and other stuff.

Or visit www.lothianbuses.com

The Real Maroonblood

Wife asked me the same question last week, I checked things out and managed to send her on a 33 to the Royal, missed her appointment by the time she got there, oops

I bet that went down well.

Millerntor

Number 37 bus from right outside the princes st entrance to Waverley goes to the western general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlasgoJambo

Got the 113 down (Lothian Country Buses!) and walked back via Dean Village.

Thanks for the help.

Chester™

Got the 113 down (Lothian Country Buses!) and walked back via Dean Village.

Thanks for the help.

Glad it helped!

That name is Lothian Buses for East Lothian. Im not sure why they felt the need to do that!

Archived