Well done Livi

Dat_RPG

Harry Palmer

They're still messed though. 

Signing ban which includes the renewing of contracts of those players still at the club, unless that's changed and I've missed it. (Or misinterpreted the ruling.)

Diadora Van Basten

Signing ban which includes the renewing of contracts of those players still at the club, unless that's changed and I've missed it.

That's a shame given what they have just overcome.

Signing ban which includes the renewing of contracts of those players still at the club, unless that's changed and I've missed it. (Or misinterpreted the ruling.)

Wtf so they're just going to run out of players?

Nucky Thompson

No time for the plastic club ever since their match day announcer thanked all the Livi fans who had changed their team from Hearts. I'm glad their rise to the 'top' didn't last long

Harry Palmer

Wtf so they're just going to run out of players?

They or rather Neil Rankine has until the 15th May to sort things.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/livingston-punished-for-breaking-ownership-rules-1-3735816

The Championship outfit were hit with a ?5,000 fine and player registration ban by the Scottish FA yesterday after majority shareholder Neil Rankine was found guilty in January of breaching dual interest rules over his involvement with League Two side East Fife. 

The governing body has handed Rankine a deadline of May 15 to part with his shares in at least one of the two clubs or face further punishment.

The SFA sanctions imposed on the Lions also restricts the club from re-signing any of their current players.

The SFA statement read: ?The tribunal considered that the imposition of a substantial financial penalty would not be in the best interests of the club or the wider interests of Scottish football.

?The panel did, nonetheless, require to illustrate the gravity of the breaches and imposed a ?global sanction? in respect of the four breaches, which arise out of a set of circumstances. The global sanctions are determined in two parts:

?1. Fine of ?5000 imposed on Livingston FC.

?2. Livingston FC prevented from registering any player, either on loan or permanently, or extending the contract of any player currently registered with the club until such time as the club has resolved the ongoing breach of Disciplinary Rule 21.

?If the ongoing breach is not resolved it would be a matter for the Compliance Officer to consider raising further proceedings.?

Turkishcap

The 2 butt cheeks, the vermin and st liedown I understand but nowt against my wee other team, glad they stayed up as hubs will need a derby next season for income.

disgruntledfan

Bloody hell, I didn't realize just how much trouble they were in.

There in deep,I think by the amount of times Burchill was at the under 20s games last season, he is hoping to try and get a few of our laddies on loan, if they can lift the ban. They certainly wont be able to afford to buy anyone.

Archived