New mobile phone.

Stuart McNeill

Stuart McNeill

After having hassle with 02. I've cancelled my contract and I'm moving on, I was looking to obviously get the cheapest deal I can and was wondering has anyone used the likes of mobilephonedirect.co.uk or mobiles.co.uk.

I've found these sites through uswitch, but was just wondering if any of you have used them.

Forza Cuore

Affordable mobiles. I got Sony Xperia Z3 on Three for 8 quid a month less than going through Three direct.

Stuart McNeill

Opps. I'm not 100% sure how the new Tapatalk works. Sorry if I posted this in the terrace.

Anyway, thanks forza,ill have a look.

I've used mobilephonesdirect and the deals are fantastic.

They really do take advantage in the stores. Online is the way to go from my experience.

I've used mobilephonesdirect and the deals are fantastic.

They really do take advantage in the stores. Online is the way to go from my experience.

I see some of their deals are cash back deals, Any idea how easy it is to get the cash back, and is it a one off payment at the end of the contract

Stuart McNeill

With regards to customer service etc. Do you just go through the company or the actual phone provider EE etc.

Do The Dance

Be careful with these sites. If you go through the full 24 month contract you should be fine, if you cancel early for any reason you can be liable for the whole payment of the phone, as you are effectively taking 2 contracts with them. Read the t&c's.

I'm due an upgrade, currently got iPhone 5 was going to upgrade to the iPhone 6 but would cost a lot more than if I start a new contract with a new number, I want to keep my old number, so a new customer gets a better deal than an existing customer

I used the deals on mobilephonesdirect to negotiate my last two deals with Vodafone.

Asked for my PAC code.....why you leaving.....oh I've seen a deal on the internet......oh that deal probably has hidden charges, doesn't actually give you those minutes blah blah blah.......well can you match it.....no we can't but blah blah blah.....can I have my PAC code please if you're not going to match it.....hold please.......we'll match it.......cheers.

Done it twice now and will do it again this July.

I used the deals on mobilephonesdirect to negotiate my last two deals with Vodafone.

Asked for my PAC code.....why you leaving.....oh I've seen a deal on the internet......oh that deal probably has hidden charges, doesn't actually give you those minutes blah blah blah.......well can you match it.....no we can't but blah blah blah.....can I have my PAC code please if you're not going to match it.....hold please.......we'll match it.......cheers.

Cheers, it's vodafone I'm with, will give it a try :thumbsup:

Stewie Griffin

After having hassle with 02. I've cancelled my contract and I'm moving on, I was looking to obviously get the cheapest deal I can and was wondering has anyone used the likes of mobilephonedirect.co.uk or mobiles.co.uk.

I've found these sites through uswitch, but was just wondering if any of you have used them.

I've used both of them in the past with no problems might be wrong but think one of them is owned by carphone warehouse

Stuart McNeill

o2 didnt give a shit, they just let me leave, no phone calls at later date or nothing.

I've used both of them in the past with no problems might be wrong but think one of them is owned by carphone warehouse

yeah, Mobiles.co.uk are separately managed divisions within Carphone Warehouse - according to wiki.

With regards to customer service etc. Do you just go through the company or the actual phone provider EE etc.

Found the deal on-line, got their phone number (the company NOT the provider EE etc) & called them. Spoke to their very helpful customer service, new Iphone delivered next day. Sorted.

EreWeG0..

Just upgraded from Samsung Galaxy s3 to an S6.

What a phone. :jj:

Archived