Charlie Mann on talk 107 a few months back

dj-noisy

Did CM not state something along this lines of ?we have complete confidence in getting our number 1 target? when donkey interviewed him on talk 107 a few months back on a Friday night?? And Then donkey asked him if hearts had a back up plan if we didn?t get our man and CM said ?That wouldn?t happen? Can anyone remember this??

Clerry Jambo
Did CM not state something along this lines of ?we have complete confidence in getting our number 1 target? when donkey interviewed him on talk 107 a few months back on a Friday night?? And Then donkey asked him if hearts had a back up plan if we didn?t get our man and CM said ?That wouldn?t happen? Can anyone remember this??

I can remember bits of the interview but not sure if he said "that wouldn't happen".

I 'm sure CM will be wheeled out shortly to explain Plan B:rolleyes:

What exactly is your point?

Everyone was confident of him signing until he got a phone call at the eleventh hour.

paulyjambo
What exactly is your point?

Everyone was confident of him signing until he got a phone call at the eleventh hour.

I think the point is we have had all our eggs in 1 basket. Where do we do from here?

will it be another local from Vlads boozer back home?

Drylaw Hearts
I can remember bits of the interview but not sure if he said "that wouldn't happen".

I 'm sure CM will be wheeled out shortly to explain Plan B:rolleyes:

Here goes....

CM : "Mark McGhee was one of only several candidates for one of the BEST jobs in Scottish Football. He has decided to withdraw his interest in the vacancy and now will continue to carry on persueing our 'other' targets. Mark was never guaranteed to be the new Hearts manager but he was only one of a number of people we were interested in talking to. And only one of a number of people who were interested in talking with us. These talks will continue and we are confident that the right man will be appointed."

I think the point is we have had all our eggs in 1 basket. Where do we do from here?

Spot on! This is my point. Hearts or CM were so sure of getting there man that i really don't think their was a plan "b"

Rudolf's Mate

For me it now has to be someone with better prospects/track record of MM otherwise I will not be a happy bunny!

That doesn't really bother me tbh, there's enough decent managers out there that are only a phone call away. If we are to appoint a British manager it should be between Levein, Davies and Jefferies.

If it's another puppet then that'll be the final straw for alot of people. It's all upto Romanov now.

alwaysthereinspirit
Here goes....

CM : "Mark McGhee was one of only several candidates for one of the BEST jobs in Scottish Football. He has decided to withdraw his interest in the vacancy and now will continue to carry on persueing our 'other' targets. Mark was never guaranteed to be the new Hearts manager but he was only one of a number of people we were interested in talking to. And only one of a number of people who were interested in talking with us. These talks will continue and we are confident that the right man will be appointed."

It's uncanny. It's like you wrote it for him. Word for word.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Mann(censored) won't be speaking in the near future. He's still on the "urgent business" he needs to attend to that meant he cancelled the JKB meeting.

As I posted in "another place", I have a theory that Weber Shandwick are no longer getting paid by Vlad. Therefore, Mann(censored) is an irrelevance in any case.

Archived