U20s Development Game away to Aberdeen

hibshater

The final U20s fixture of the season is tonight at Peterhead FC ground 6 o'clock kick off. There was supposed to be a 4 u15s playing tonight including my lad but he and the 2 others are either injured or can't make it, so there is only 1 u15 going. I'm not sure how many u17s are going but judging by the amount of younger boys there was going to be, I would say a few so lump on Aberdeen :laugh:

Did we not just play them ?

yeah Robbie asked a few month back to try and bring the remaining U20s fixtures forward so as they finish the season at the same time as the 1st teams. Hence why there has been so many games recently.

We_are_the_Hearts

yeah Robbie asked a few month back to try and bring the remaining U20s fixtures forward so as they finish the season at the same time as the 1st teams. Hence why there has been so many games recently.

Are there any first teamers playing?

Footballfirst

The start of the SQA exams today will reduce the number of school kids available to make the trek up to Peterhead for an evening game. Keep an eye on the Aberdeen twitter account for the teams, an hour or so before kick off.

Aberdeen only need 4 points from 3 games to effectively secure the league (5 to guarantee it).  I'd expect that they will view today's game as a banker for them.

I'd like to think Keatings would get run out.

He's wasting away on that bloody bench.

Footballfirst

Bet365 currently have Aberdeen at 1/3 and Hearts at 9/2 with the draw at also at 9/2

Aberdeen HT/FT at 5/6 looks better value.

Carrick and Gary Oliver is all that is on the bus from the 1st team, along with, Ally Roy, Kelby Mason jake Hutchings u20s also mathew Johnston u15s and the other u15s keeper craig. Not sure who else so like FF says get wired in about Aberdeen, they had 5 1st team players playing last week and they are going for the title.

Bet365 currently have Aberdeen at 1/3 and Hearts at 9/2 with the draw at also at 9/2

Aberdeen HT/FT at 5/6 looks better value.

you going up FF :laugh:

Footballfirst

Haha no commitment.

Yes, I'm cutting back. U20s v Dunfermline, 1st team v Raith, U17s v Hibs, U20s v Hamilton, U20s v Aberdeen, U13s v Aberdeen and U14s v Aberdeen in the last 12 days.

Yes, I'm cutting back. 1st team v Raith, U17s v Hibs, U20s v Dunfermline, U20s v Aberdeen, U13s v Aberdeen and U14s v Aberdeen in the last 10 days.

I have been to most of them as well mate.except the u13/14s as I was in Aberdeen at the weekend for the u15s and u17s games, it's been a busy wee period, and as per usual you have done an incredible job. :thumbsup:

We_are_the_Hearts

I have been to most of them as well mate.except the u13/14s as I was in Aberdeen at the weekend for the u15s and u17s games, it's been a busy wee period, and as per usual you have done an incredible job. :thumbsup:

What were the scores in the 13s, 14s, 15s and 17s games and are we improving at they levels?

What were the scores in the 13s, 14s, 15s and 17s games and are we improving at they levels?

I don't know the u13/14s scores, but the u17s got beat 2-1 by a strong physical Aberdeen side, and the u15s drew 1-1 having played the last half an hour with 10 men, the u15s produced their best performance of the season IMHO with a great battling performance even with a man down.

Would never usually bet on an U20 game, but do like a value bet. As alluded to by FF, surely 5/6 on Aberdeen HT/FT is massive?

Footballfirst

The U13s lost 5-0. It was an odd game which was very even until the last 20 mins. Hearts had a man sent off early in the second period (of three) when they were 1-0 down, but played their best football with 10 men and only conceded a second goal in the last seconds of the second period.

The U14s lost 4-2 (maybe it was 5-2) in another even game. Hearts went 1-0 up, 1-2 down, then 2-2 before losing concentration after conceding the third.

Hearts had several players inn each side playing a year up, so it is difficult to make any conclusions from the results.

jamboinglasgow

The U13s lost 5-0. It was an odd game which was very even until the last 20 mins. Hearts had a man sent off early in the second period (of three) when they were 1-0 down, but played their best football with 10 men and only conceded a second goal in the last seconds of the second period.

The U14s lost 4-2 (maybe it was 5-2) in another even game. Hearts went 1-0 up, 1-2 down, then 2-2 before losing concentration after conceding the third.

Hearts had several players inn each side playing a year up, so it is difficult to make any conclusions from the results.

So you notice anything different from games last season in the way the coaches are and the style the teams play, or is it very similar/

We_are_the_Hearts

Cheers for the info, any team news tonight

Footballfirst

So you notice anything different from games last season in the way the coaches are and the style the teams play, or is it very similar/

To my uneducated view, the style of play is unchanged, but more players are playing up a year. My one gripe is that so many players are playing out of what I consider to be their best positions, e.g left footed centre midfielder playing at right back or centre back.

The turnover of players at U15 and U14 has been very high.

jamboinglasgow

To my uneducated view, the style of play is unchanged, but more players are playing up a year. My one gripe is that so many players are playing out of what I consider to be their best positions, e.g left footed centre midfielder playing at right back or centre back.

The turnover of players at U15 and U14 has been very high.

could it be that they are trying to follow an Ajax style of playing players in other positions to develop skills  which they are weaker with or is it does it appear to be just because they want play x to play in U15's they will play him in a free position? 

RobbofordGHC

Was interested to see that the Aberdeen FC Heritage Trust have produced a programme for this game, priced ?1, with proceeds going to the trust as a registered charity. There aim is to 'care and expand upon the historical record and memerobillia of Aberdeen FC, it's supporters and the community it serves' with the objective of establishing a museum and learning centre at the club.

Are our own efforts for a club museum backed by any similar charitable trust, would this be an idea worth following?

Footballfirst

Aberdeen: Langfield, Culjak, Harvie, Gibbons, Anderson, Rose, Orsi, Robson, Shankland, Smith, Low

Subs: Mutch, Campanile, Henry, Jones, Felek, Norris, S Robertson

Strong side

Hearts: Mason (U17), Johnston (U15), Henderson (U19), Jones (U17), Hutchings (U20), Beith (U19), Moore (U17), Smith (U17), Carrick (o/a), Oliver (u20), Flanagan (U18)

Subs: Ramage (U15), Baxter (U17), Morrison (U16), Stevenson (U16)

Good to see Leon Jones back.

Footballfirst

3. GOAL! Aberdeen 1 Hearts 0 Smith

Cammy Smith gives the young Dons the lead. Put through and when one on one finishes well. 1-0

Aberdeen: Langfield, Culjak, Harvie, Gibbons, Anderson, Rose, Orsi, Robson, Shankland, Smith, Low

Subs: Mutch, Campanile, Henry, Jones, Felek, Norris, S Robertson

Strong side

Hearts: Mason (U17), Johnston (U15), Henderson (U19), Jones (U17), Hutchings (U20), Beith (U19), Moore (U17), Smith (U17), Carrick (o/a), Oliver (u20), Flanagan (U18)

Subs: Ramage (U15), Baxter (U17), Morrison (U16), Stevenson (U16)

Good to see Leon Jones back.

Is that barry robson they are playing?!? :lol:

They really want this league title.

Footballfirst

Is that barry robson they are playing?!? :lol:

They really want this league title.

Might be Russell Anderson too.

Footballfirst

Assuming that it is Russell Andrson and Barry Robson in the side, the Aberdeen age groups are:

Langfield (U36), Culjak (U19), Harvie (U17), Gibbons (U20), Anderson (U37), Rose (U20), Orsi (U23), Robson (U37), Shankland (U20), Smith (U20), Low (U23)

Average age 24 years 193 days

disgruntledfan

Going by the Aberdeen twitter feed seems that the keeper is playing exceptional and keeping the score down 

Shamefully took them Half Time/Full Time at 5/6 on Bet365. Looking safe anyway.

Keep the updates coming please lads, it's the only place I can seem to find the.

Morgaro Gomis

For some reason William Hill didnt seem to be giving odds on the game. Disappointing.

Footballfirst

Half time 2-0.  I got the age of Kalvin Orsi wrong. He is U18 and brings the average age down to 24y 26d.

I would call that a decent performance considering the ages of each team.

Good experience gained no doubt.

Archived