Well done Hearts

j1964m

As well as horsing the league its a new record for the championship taken from the h1b5  :2thumbsup:  :10900:  :drummer:  :laugh4: all we need now is 6 goals against newco for a ton up

colinmaroon

I know we're kind of doing Hibs a favour by beating Blue Cheek next week but, please, please Hearts, hammer them!

PS 1-0 will do!

PPS Hibs will screw it up anyway!

Its great

we're in a wee downer after Ibrox and Easter Road but its been a fantastic season

not easy to win this league and go straight back up

Enjoy this

The Old Tolbooth

I know we're kind of doing Hibs a favour by beating Blue Cheek next week but, please, please Hearts, hammer them!

PS 1-0 will do!

PPS Hibs will screw it up anyway!

Errr, if we win, Hibs can't screw it up :D 

Oh, they will John! They'll be 2-0 up going into the 2nd leg of the last playoff and blow it again. It's the Hibs way!

So we've run away with the league. Worst case scenario if we lose next week is that we'll be 20 points ahead of whoevers in second place, we'll have a goal difference of around double whoevers in second place but I still find myself thinking if we don't win next week it'll take the shine off the trophy ceremony and everything else. Does anybody else feel like this? It's crazy I know but after such a fantastic season expectations are that high I guess.

colinmaroon

If we win, Hibs can screw it up in one of two ways.

First, Championship play off round 2.

Second, play off v Premiership team.

Two chances, and I don't even think they'll need the second.

colinmaroon

So we've run away with the league. Worst case scenario if we lose next week is that we'll be 20 points ahead of whoevers in second place, we'll have a goal difference of around double whoevers in second place but I still find myself thinking if we don't win next week it'll take the shine off the trophy ceremony and everything else. Does anybody else feel like this? It's crazy I know but after such a fantastic season expectations are that high I guess.

Agreed 100%.

If we lose next week, they will have won two, drawn one and lost only once to us and that would be a travesty.

The Old Tolbooth

Think he means the playoffs.

Oh, they will John! They'll be 2-0 up going into the 2nd leg of the last playoff and blow it again. It's the Hibs way!

If we win, Hibs can screw it up in one of two ways.

First, Championship play off round 2.

Second, play off v Premiership team.

Two chances, and I don't even think they'll need the second.

Doh! 

Silly me, I thought you meant 2nd place and not the playoffs, with the bottlers record I really should have known better :D 

Agreed 100%.

If we lose next week, they will have won two, drawn one and lost only once to us and that would be a travesty.

Agreed 100%.

two wins each when was the draw

skinnybob72

Took 58 points from 60 against the bottom 5 teams in the league, dropping 2 points against Dumbarton at the start of the season.

Bearing in mind the championship has never had 3 so called big clubs in it before. It's even more impressive how we have cantered thus league

Took 58 points from 60 against the bottom 5 teams in the league, dropping 2 points against Dumbarton at the start of the season.

and 79 from 84 against bottom 7 losing to Falkirk and beating QoS 4 times

why we won the league

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Great stuff and with a lower budget than the other "big two" plus a rookie manager and almost completely new team.

Agreed 100%.

I'm actually dreading next week. Rangers are crap but we've been diar since the last rangers game. Robbie needs to give them a shake, I know we're all so proud and it's been an amazing season but for me next Saturday is a must win against that lot.

Based on Hibs getting a win next week they would then average at 17.5 points for each quarter of the season.

Wiith us being a minimum of 20 points clear after next week it would mean every team could have another round of fixtures and we could just not bother playing and we would likely still be clear at the top.

Swimmer_Jambo

So it would have taken about 71 points to win this league. At what point in the season did we surpass this total?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FarmerTweedy

Agreed 100%.

It would indeed be a travesty, given that we've scored more goals than they did in two of the three games we've played against them so far.

FarmerTweedy

So it would have taken about 71 points to win this league. At what point in the season did we surpass this total?

Early September I think!

It would indeed be a travesty, given that we've scored more goals than they did in two of the three games we've played against them so far.

:lol:

4-0 Home vs Dumbarton 14 March

Agreed 100%.

Did you not know that Sow scored in the last minute at Ibrox?!

Archived